Sign in to follow this  
johndoe2012

Possible to move posts to other topics in personal practise forum?

Hi,

Is it possible to move posts from one topic to another in my personal practise forum by myself?

I get an error in doing that.

Reason is, I would like to keep the date of the post and not just the content - which I can move to another topic manually.

For the owners of personal practice sections the following options are enabled

Can delete others posts

Can delete others topics/polls

Can open locked topics

Can close open topics

Can pin topics

Can unpin topics

Can set topics as visible and invisible

Can set posts as visible and invisible

Basically only moderators have access to the move and edit functions.

Hi,

Is it possible to move posts from one topic to another in my personal practise forum by myself?

Reason is, I would like to keep the date of the post and not just the content - which I can move to another topic manually.

One way to work around it is to "multiquote" the posts you want then press "add reply" at the bottom and you will get the quoted posts along with the poster name, date and time of the posts. Then you can copy those quotes and exit back to your personal forum and choose where to paste them into such as a different thread or a new one. You could remove the quote tags just to get the text but it will look less organized.

You can then delete the quoted posts from their source if you want.

Edited by Desert Eagle

I tried the same option and got the same error, it is not working. Shouldn't it be either enabled or grayed out?

JtPDB.gif

UmR8K.gif

Edited by Desert Eagle

This board doesn't seem to gray them out, it seems happy to let you try and then to then give an error <_< very helpfull

We use a feature called multi topic moderation, but it's global and can't be switched on for just the personal practice forums (which don't usually have a lot of threads)

This board doesn't seem to gray them out, it seems happy to let you try and then to then give an error <_< very helpfull

We use a feature called multi topic moderation, but it's global and can't be switched on for just the personal practice forums (which don't usually have a lot of threads)

2 grids but one switch. not that much of a problem though except for confusion.