RiverSnake

Healing and Energy Exchange

I have heard many people say that if you are an energetic healer if your not careful you can be depleted and absorb the other persons illness.

At the same time i have heard other equally reliable people say that when giving your energy to others in the form of healing you recieve even more back, the more you give the more you recieve.

-It therefore confuses when people say you can become depleted? How can you become depleted if you get back energy from healing others?

-Is there a certain balance of exchange that a healer must strike when giving a session? To me both points of view seem valid but at the same time contradict each other.

-Can anyone answer this question?

• Like 2

There is a Malaysian energy healer I studied for some time called Yap Soon Yeung who says that when he first started energy healing the toll on his body became so great his hair started to fall out and he became so weak that he was close to death, but in his weakened state he had a vision which showed him that the way he was healing was wrong and showed him the way to heal while strengthening his body rather than weakening it. The key in his method involves the downward flushing of energy and releasing it towards the earth, so he would connect with the energy field of the person and enter a meditative state while flushing all the energy downwards and this method meant he could heal all day without fatigue or ill health. I had a healing from him once and it was powerful. So I guess whether you are depleted depends on the method

Edited by Jetsun
  • Like 2

I have heard many people say that if you are an energetic healer if your not careful you can be depleted and absorb the other persons illness.

At the same time i have heard other equally reliable people say that when giving your energy to others in the form of healing you recieve even more back, the more you give the more you recieve.

-It therefore confuses when people say you can become depleted? How can you become depleted if you get back energy from healing others?

-Is there a certain balance of exchange that a healer must strike when giving a session? To me both points of view seem valid but at the same time contradict each other.

Yes.

Guide to High Level Energy Healing

Edited by Ya Mu
  • Like 1

I don't know if I can answer the question but I can share my experience.

Healing others is an enormous responsibility. I find that the majority of people in the field are very sick themselves and really in no position to truly offer meaningful help to others.

First, do we really understand what is going on in the other to have some idea of what they need?

Second, do we really understand what is going on in ourselves to know whether and how we can provide that?

Third, are we honest enough with ourselves about whether what we are doing will truly help and whether the person really needs what we have to offer?

I have found that my own mindset and approach to helping people is critical to how much I can help them and to how the work affects me. There were many years when I would allow myself to get sucked in by the sickness in those I was trying to help. And by this I mean their neuroses, wrong ideas, dysfunctional conditioning, and so on. And also, it is easy to become affected by their pain and suffering. It's easy to get wrapped up in the business aspects of this - profits, expense, stress, and so on. Not only this but it is easy to create one's own pathology while trying to help others. This occurs through many paths such as insecurity, arrogance, incompetence, over confidence, and so forth. All of these things, and many others, tend to lead to loss of personal "energy", degradation of health, and ultimate dissatisfaction on the part of healer and sufferer.

Eventually, I reached a place where I recognized the gift that I had been given. I have a skill that I can share with others that can enrich their lives. I realized that I could offer this to people with a sense of giving rather than taking. I found out how to sit with someone and open myself up to what they need. To calm myself inside and just be with them for a bit. If I can be tranquil and comfortable in myself, I can be so much more effective. And their problems and anxieties and anger and fear are theirs, I don't have to take them on. They come with their baggage, I do what I can to help them, but I don't have to take it on myself. If they are unable to let it go, they leave with it and I remain, undisturbed.

This approach has affected me profoundly. Those who come to me for help, if they are at all aware, see the difference. They feel it. And I feel it. I am much more gratified and enriched by my work and much less stressed or adversely affected by the nature of the work and by their pathology, be it physical, spiritual, emotional, or psychological.

I think it is too easy for us to look at what we do with a limited perspective. So the acupuncturist is very focused on the needle and meridian. The energy healer is too focused on manipulating energy (could there be a more ambiguous term?), the surgeon too focused on the anatomical and physiological perspective, and so on. To simply open up and experience the other and oneself without being completely immersed in and distracted by our concepts and paradigms can make all the difference. To just be with the person and connect as a fellow human being and allow that to guide us is very valuable.

To get there it is critically important, IMO, to look first at oneself. To see what our values are. To see how we interact with those we are trying to help. To understand what it means to be in a relationship with these people and to learn to be comfortable and at ease with them and loving. Then I think we can be enriched by our work rather than degraded by it. It takes time, patience, and a genuine desire to look deeply at ourselves and commit to perfecting what we do.

Anyway, I hope that helps in some way.

• Like 3

There is a Malaysian energy healer I studied for some time called Yap Soon Yeung who says that when he first started energy healing the toll on his body became so great his hair started to fall out and he became so weak that he was close to death, but in his weakened state he had a vision which showed him that the way he was healing was wrong and showed him the way to heal while strengthening his body rather than weakening it. The key in his method involves the downward flushing of energy and releasing it towards the earth, so he would connect with the energy field of the person and enter a meditative state while flushing all the energy downwards and this method meant he could heal all day without fatigue or ill health. I had a healing from him once and it was powerful. So I guess whether you are depleted depends on the method

Do you mean the healer is flushing their energy downward as they project, or that they cause their patient's energy to flush downward (or both)?

:) Did a little googling... see who popped up?!! http://cfqhealingqigong.com/

Yeah that's the guy

Do you mean the healer is flushing their energy downward as they project, or that they cause their patient's energy to flush downward (or both)?

It's not projection as such rather he just enters your energy field and focuses on brininging the energy down and letting go of any tension or blocks felt in either your body or his own, there is no firing of qi or storing it rather you move it down which automatically creates a letting go effect and the energy gets replenished automatically. The energy of both healer and patient is flushed downwards by the healer.

Edited by Jetsun

I read your book and went back and re-read the section on sick chi again. We absorb sick qi from others and we need to practiced chi-gung in order to eject the sick qi and to recharge ourselves which is why it is important to practice a certain amount of hours a day.

-My other question was do we get more qi back the more we heal? Does are power grow the more we heal others?

Edited by OldGreen

I read your book and went back and re-read the section on sick chi again. We absorb sick qi from others and we need to practiced chi-gung in order to eject the sick qi and to recharge ourselves which is why it is important to practice a certain amount of hours a day.

-My other question was do we get more qi back the more we heal? Does are power grow the more we heal others?

Ah, good question.

Yes, but not exactly for the reason referenced in this thread. It has to do with assuming responsibility and practicing Virtue (which IS assuming responsibility for who you really are). The more a person raises the energy body vibration through the practices and the more responsibility one takes to heart then the more power one has. So yes, one's power does grow. Practice / Virtue / Assuming responsibility = more power to be able to assume that responsibility.

Ah, good question.

Yes, but not exactly for the reason referenced in this thread. It has to do with assuming responsibility and practicing Virtue (which IS assuming responsibility for who you really are). The more a person raises the energy body vibration through the practices and the more responsibility one takes to heart then the more power one has. So yes, one's power does grow. Practice / Virtue / Assuming responsibility = more power to be able to assume that responsibility.

Ah, thanks for the clarification.

I don't know if I can answer the question but I can share my experience.

Awesome post Steve :)

and thanks for the link, ya mu :closedeyes:

Awesome post Steve :)

and thanks for the link, ya mu :closedeyes:

I have posted in detail about this subject from the Taoist medical qigong perspective perhaps 20 or 30 times on this board.

People have a choice whether to believe new age stuff someone just made up or the time tested Taoist energy healing methods from the Chinese hospitals where my viewpoints and practical experience of/with this subject come from. I have seen so many healers who didn't understand natural energetic laws who had to retire due to health problems induced from sick qi kickback. IMO we have no right to make Earth swallow black distorted sick energy (which is what we see come out when we do project qi into people's bodies) and it takes correct training to teach someone to transmute this type of energy. Can't tell you how many I have seen who thought they could transmute it and could not, but "many" is probably not adequate. Just thinking everything is roses is the biggest mistake any potential energy healer could make.

Is learning to correctly do energy healing worth it? I received a call yesterday from someone who I saw in clinic about 15 years ago. This person had severe debilitating (non responsive to western medicine) migraines. This person said after the session the migraines went away to never return and that the session changed their life.

Yes, totally worth it.

• Like 2

Why? Technical answer please.

I guess it depends on whether anyone believes that dumping ANY type of poison on/into Earth is the correct thing to do. If anyone believes it is OK then I suppose that person would have no problem dumping more.

This sick energy in it's own way is no different that any other poison.

IMO we have no right to make Earth swallow black distorted sick energy

I guess you mean this with regards to the method of the healer I mentioned. As far as i'm aware the the giving of your sickness to the earth is not uncommon especially in shamanism, I have seen a whole host of shamanistic healing techniques of giving your sickness into the ground, or into water or rocks. The flushing downward path is also talked about by Bruce Frantzis in some of his books as the healing path. But in that method it isn't about giving your sickness to anything else, it is about letting go of any blocks and tensions which prevent the body from healing itself.

Surely the sick Qi goes back into the earth in one way or another doesn't it, what is the difference between it being projected outwards or let go of downwards?

Surely the sick Qi goes back into the earth in one way or another doesn't it, what is the difference between it being projected outwards or let go of downwards?

Actually, no. We transmute it into Light versus letting (demanding) that Earth take care of it.

I guess you mean this with regards to the method of the healer I mentioned. As far as i'm aware the the giving of your sickness to the earth is not uncommon especially in shamanism, I have seen a whole host of shamanistic healing techniques of giving your sickness into the ground, or into water or rocks. The flushing downward path is also talked about by Bruce Frantzis in some of his books as the healing path. But in that method it isn't about giving your sickness to anything else, it is about letting go of any blocks and tensions which prevent the body from healing itself.

Yes, several do this. We were taught the WHY of not doing this and how to transmute the sick qi into Light. Again, if people believe that it is OK to put poison into Earth then they should have no problem utilizing this approach.

Edit: But don't believe ALL shamanistic approaches believe what it is OK.

Edited by Ya Mu

The Earth is a big planet compare to the human.

My believe is that she neutralize such sort of energy.

Sick Qi always come out of the body from all living beings as natural disposing

of energy waste, also it should be natural that it will recycled or dissolved.

Human and other living beings body are children of earth and so she can handle it.

Artificial things are the poison in my opinion.

Believe what you want. Humanity has been dumping poison into Earth for several decades now and already is paying the price.

You could use your same argument and say there is no reason to take the sick qi out of humans either.

I guess it would depend on if one believes Earth to be alive or to be a "thing".

Edited by Ya Mu

Yes, several do this. We were taught the WHY of not doing this and how to transmute the sick qi into Light. Again, if people believe that it is OK to put poison into Earth then they should have no problem utilizing this approach.

So when we die all I assume all the sick Qi left in peoples bodies is released into the earth and that pollutes the earth? it's not transformed into anything useful like some sort of subtle manure for something or anything like that?

So when we die all I assume all the sick Qi left in peoples bodies is released into the earth and that pollutes the earth? it's not transformed into anything useful like some sort of subtle manure for something or anything like that?

Research homeopathic concept of "miasms". IMO bodies should be burned instead of put into Earth.

Ya Mu,

Actually, no. We transmute it into Light versus letting (demanding) that Earth take care of it.

Since a lot of people on the board deal with this kind of thing, and this is apparently a big deal...maybe the technique should be shared here??

Pollution occurs when materials are taken out of there natural environment or misplaced. For example oil is a natural occurrence and is not pollution until it goes in the ocean.

-If this concept can be applied to negative sick chi then there must be a "place to put" all of the sick chi that way it does not corrupt the earths equilibrium.

Any ideas?