Sign in to follow this  
InfinityTruth

If you appreciate life, life appreciates you back - My story

Beautiful day out in the woods and everywhere else I found myself today. Absolutely the best day I've had in a long time.

The thing that made my day so great was the animals and an experience that I had with them. I felt so much appreciation from the animals and for the animals.

To kick it off I saw this baby toad moving along by the side of the road. So I figured I would pick him up and throw him in the water (rather violently what I had in mind...before my epiphany), well I picked him up and at first he was all feisty and jumpy. Then I just let him sit on my hand relaxed like and we just sat there for about a minute or two. I just finally got to a point where I just thought he could leave whenever. I wasn't going to interfere with his life. It was kind of cool just to sit with him. It was a cool experience.

Then I went to my car to sit there while I listened to the birds. I saw this butterfly that seemed to want so badly to come by me, but he didn't want to go in my car (I don't blame him...easy place to get stuck for bugs). After a couple of minutes I got out of the car and started to follow the butterfly around a little. I was pretty stoned and I was just loving every moment of life.

It was like that appreciation for everything type of high. Everything was awesome. I had fallen in love with living. I'm still not over that and I hope this feeling stays. If not I'll find a clean way to bring it into my life.

If there is a true type of spirituality it is to just be genuinely appreciative of life. Entitlement is a big problem in today's world.

Anyway, I walked out and followed this beautiful beautiful monarch butterfly. I wasn't expecting anything. Just having a good time sharing vibes with the bugs (I had deer flies all over my head...which I forgot about later I was so awestruck). All of a sudden the butterfly flew onto the tongue of my shoe and sat there for damn near over 3 minutes. I tried not to move an inch not wanting to disturb him. So eventually I tried to see if he would crawl onto my finger and I accidentally scared him away briefly. I was so scared I had upset him.

I felt SO much love for this creature and felt SO much love back from him. I forgot to mention he was just gracefully flying around past me pulling off these cool stunts. I could tell even before he landed that he was curious about me.

It was kind of windy and he found his way over by the bottom of my shorts and landed there for about 1 minute. I got kind of a better look at him. He had beautiful pronounced white spots on his black face and body. A moment that I wish I had had a camera, and I did in my car, but I didn't want to scare him away going to get it, so I stood still. Anyway, the wind picked up and he flew off again. Then he slowly made his way to over by my shoe like he did the first time.

He was SO brave. The braveness yet gentleness of this creature just amazed me. He seemed kind of hesitant, but you could tell he was curious about me. So I waited and he landed on my shoe again(This took a lot of patience) again very slowly and cautiously. Just gracefully making his way to me. No rush. :) Then the wind blew him off again.

I figured I would sit down and try to get him to land on me like that, but I immeditiately felt like he wouldn't be comfortable with that (Nor was I...I was afraid of accidentally crushing him...he was my absolute bestfriendin that moment and I kid you not) so I stood up and thought that I had lost him and was kind of sad. Just then I see him whoosh by me all happy-like. I was so relieved to get to see him again.

Then once again he made his way over to my shoe. It was hesitatively, but he still did it the same way again. Brave little creature to walk up to a giant. So we sat there a while sharing vibes and then it was time for him to go for his final flight from me.

At this point I was sobered up. I was just so awe struck at what had happened that I had sobered up in the process.

I kind of followed him around. Not to get him to land on me. I felt like four times was as lucky as I was going to get and I was okay with that. I just followed him around and observed him sitting on trees and plants. He was still in my vicinity just didn't want to land again. I was happy to be there watching him. He had such a gentle/loving vibe.

I've never felt love from an animal like that. It was life changing in how I will deal with animals from now on.

Edited by InfinityTruth

Nice story.

If you stay open, you can give love and receive love. Opening up, being yourself, naked, true, spontaneous.

However, you are also prone to be hurt. So you must know when it is time to love the earth and when it is time stay calm and detached. If an animal eats you while you are appreciating him, you will become sad and think "why is this animal doing me wrong?" While it your mindset that is innaprorpiate in the firstplace and you are doing thus yourself wrong. It is all an illusion, a dream, if you have a the wrong mindset in any given situation.

And since the situations in our life are ever changing, we must constantly wake up, constantly become lucid and aware. You must constantly change the perception of the planet to fit in. To be closer to harmony, effortlessness, the flow.

Stay in love mode as much as you can, but learn the typical situations where you must become tranquil, detached, increased awareness of the senses, perceiving perception. Like a samurai warrior, feeling pain and not suffering from it, but rather acting as efficiently as possible and not becoming angry or wasting energy. Ususally these typical situations can be recognized by the fact that your emotions become negative.

When you appreciate life, life is ABLE to appreciate you back. When you suffer from life, you become detached so that life cannot possible make you suffer. When you are deprived of life, you start to appreciate it again. When you suffer, you decide not to suffer anymore, by detaching from it. Being reborn in more wise way. You start to detach from all the situations you have suffered, and just observe the pain. But a return to love and a departure from it is just an eternal journey that must be appreciated and detached from on itself.

If you appreciate life; some times life does not appreciate you back, other times life appreciates you back.

A warrior loves his family, and he is not angry towards the enemies he is forced to fight. In the end, the whole world cries for the battles that has been fought. Why? Because we cannot live without love... We cannot ignore the horrors for ever. The more we cry, the more we see the disharmony arise. That is why your story is so important for many warriors. It opens them up, see their true nature and love. Like Tao Te Ching. Without it, warriors would eventually starve from a lack of love.

This way we can live in harmony.... In a cooperative world.

Edited by Everything
  • Like 1

Nice story.

If you stay open, you can give love and receive love. Opening up, being yourself, naked, true, spontaneous.

However, you are also prone to be hurt. So you must know when it is time to love the earth and when it is time stay calm and detached. If an animal eats you while you are appreciating him, you will become sad and think "why is this animal doing me wrong?" While it your mindset that is innaprorpiate in the firstplace and you are doing thus yourself wrong. It is all an illusion, a dream, if you have a the wrong mindset in any given situation.

And since the situations in our life are ever changing, we must constantly wake up, constantly become lucid and aware. You must constantly change the perception of the planet to fit in. To be closer to harmony, effortlessness, the flow.

Stay in love mode as much as you can, but learn the typical situations where you must become tranquil, detached, increased awareness of the senses, perceiving perception. Like a samurai warrior, feeling pain and not suffering from it, but rather acting as efficiently as possible and not becoming angry or wasting energy. Ususally these typical situations can be recognized by the fact that your emotions become negative.

When you appreciate life, life is ABLE to appreciate you back. When you suffer from life, you become detached so that life cannot possible make you suffer. When you are deprived of life, you start to appreciate it again. When you suffer, you decide not to suffer anymore, by detaching from it. Being reborn in more wise way. You start to detach from all the situations you have suffered, and just observe the pain. But a return to love and a departure from it is just an eternal journey that must be appreciated and detached from on itself.

If you appreciate life; some times life does not appreciate you back, other times life appreciates you back.

A warrior loves his family, and he is not angry towards the enemies he is forced to fight. In the end, the whole world cries for the battles that has been fought. Why? Because we cannot live without love... We cannot ignore the horrors for ever. The more we cry, the more we see the disharmony arise. That is why your story is so important for many warriors. It opens them up, see their true nature and love. Like Tao Te Ching. Without it, warriors would eventually starve from a lack of love.

This way we can live in harmony.... In a cooperative world.

Yeah, I find it has a lot to do with circumstance moment-to-moment. That was just a purely beautiful moment. I've worked a little with detachment. I'm always hopping onto the next thing though. So much stuff available to do. Perhaps I'll repay it another visit this time for longer. I've been focusing lately on trying to stay in the moment.

For some reason I feel like it used to be easier. No idea why.

Sign in to follow this