InfinityTruth

Can I help you? Yes, I'm trying to find my way back to this moment...please and thank you :)

If you're always trying to get something or get somewhere else, you'll forget about what is right here right now, and forget to enjoy your life which is in this moment.

This whole society is always trying to get something out of you, and you've been trained to try to get your slice of the cake. There's always something in the future that you're trying to get and no rest in between. I realized that in myself today.

When I would meditate it was always in hopes of getting something out of it in the future. I would never just genuinely sit down enjoy the moment and not try to get something out of it. I was always trying to learn a calmer mind or something like that. There's always something in the future wanted. :lol:

• Like 2

If you're always trying to get something or get somewhere else, you'll forget about what is right here right now, and forget to enjoy your life which is in this moment.

This whole society is always trying to get something out of you, and you've been trained to try to get your slice of the cake. There's always something in the future that you're trying to get and no rest in between. I realized that in myself today.

When I would meditate it was always in hopes of getting something out of it in the future. I would never just genuinely sit down enjoy the moment and not try to get something out of it. I was always trying to learn a calmer mind or something like that. There's always something in the future wanted. :lol:

Excellent epiphany, InfinityTruth! Great share.

There's always something in the future wanted. :lol:

Well, yeah, I want to keep on living.

Can't think of anything else at the moment.

I realized that in myself today.

Very important insight, although one can also say, ironically, that it's is of no importance whatsoever! Because, if it is important, that implies wanting something or striving for something.

:lol:

Very important insight, although one can also say, ironically, that it's is of no importance whatsoever! Because, if it is important, that implies wanting something or striving for something.

:lol:

Haha, a paradox :lol:

Let's say we take up the basic supposition, which is the thing that one sees and the experience of awakening, or satori, or whatever you want to call it -- that this now moment, in which Im talking and you are listening, is eternity. That although we have somehow conned ourselves into the notion that this moment is rather ordinary, and that we may not feel very well, and that we are vaguely frustrated and worried and so on and that it ought to be changed -- this is it. So you dont need to do anything at all. But the difficulty about explaining that is that you must not try to not do anything, because that is doing something; and how to explain that? Because there is nothing to explain, because that is the way it is now, you see? And if you understand that, it will automatically wake you up.

That's why Zen teachers use shock treatment. Sometimes they hit people or shout at them to create a sudden surprise, because it is that jolt that suddenly brings you here. See there is no road to here, because you are already there.

So you see, when you ask how do I attain the knowledge of god? How do I attain Nirvana -- Liberation? All I can say is its the wrong question. Why do you want to attain it? Because the very fact that youre wanting to attain it is the only thing that prevents you from getting there. You already have it. But of course, its up to you; its your privilege to pretend that you dont. Thats your life game and thats what makes you think youre an ego. And when you want to wake up you will, just like that. If youre not awake it shows that you dont want to be; youre still playing the hide part of the game. Youre still, as it were, the self pretending its not the self. Thats what you want to do. So you see, in that way too, youre already there."

-- Alan Watts, The Road to Here

Edited by Green Tiger
  • Like 1