Sign in to follow this  
RiverSnake

Magus of Strovolos

Just finished reading this book and thoroughly enjoyed it. The book is basically a series of conversations that the author has with a Christian Mystic over the course of two years.

The book is written in an older style so at times the language can be quite thick...but not empty.

It was refreshing to actually read a book in which a spiritual teacher is straight forward with his words rather than speaking in metaphor and koans. Also it was interesting to here about mystical phenomenon from a Christian perspective given that Christianity does have its own Mystical Tradition and yet we never of it.

Overall it was a very good book and i found my knowledge of Karma, elementals, siddhis and the astral plane was greatly expanded from reading it.

Some of the things written in the book can seem quite crazy and i am a very open minded person. I thought it was interesting how much of what is written also coincides with what i have read in IIH.

-I highly recommend this book

Edited by OldGreen
  • Like 2

The teaching of Daskalos goes much deeper than this book now, since his death there have emerged many other books with practical details and exercises from his teaching, it really goes to an impressive depth and is a real system practised by many groups now, and his daughter has continued to release more of his teachings. It isn't fiction it is the real deal of deep level esoteric Christianity.

"Swimming with the Whale" is good book furthering his teaching http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/1477139699

Edited by Jetsun
  • Like 2

since his death there have emerged many other books with practical details and exercises from his teaching, it really goes to an impressive depth

Jetsun,

Can you share more titles that you are aware of? I'm very intrigued.

Swimming with the whale has gone in the shopping basket :)

Jetsun,

Can you share more titles that you are aware of? I'm very intrigued.

Swimming with the whale has gone in the shopping basket :)

You can see most of the English books here http://www.stoaseries.com/products/6/ they recommend on the Website to read

• Joshua Immanuel The Christ - His Life on Earth and His Teachings by Daskalos
  • Words of Truth - Extracts From Daskalos' Lectures Selected by Panayiota

Although I haven't read these myself, the other one I have read is "The Esoteric Teachings" which is more of a book of exercises. I have been told that "The symbol of life" is his most important book, which is probably reflected in the price being very expensive ($110!!!), although I haven't read it myself so I don't know how good it is.

Thank you that is fanatastic. Very interesting that more of his lectures and teachings have been made more public.

Great stuff :D

He's even on youtube!

Edited by snowmonki

Sign in to follow this