Sign in to follow this  
Stigweard

Moderators Stay Out of The Pit !

Mal ... I demand you revoke your suspension of center immediately!!!!

This is The Pit which is a moderation free area, as such you have absolutely zero mandate here to effect any moderation action at all.

Zero, zilch, nada, zip, none !!!!

I will hail you down with protests all over the board if you don't rescind! In here I will virulently defend center's right to insult, abuse and threaten me however he wishes because this is THE PIT!!!!

Also you have denied me the fun of the response that I have been working on all morning because what's the point if center can't respond to it :lol:

Specifically it says "Off topic ranting and raving. Careful, it can get scary in here. (Unmoderated)" So please Mal take your moderators paddy-whacker back to the main forum where it belongs and leave us to our fun!!!

:D

• Like 1

This was quoted as being used as the standards for moderation within "the pit", since it pertains to the entire forum upon joining:

Forum Terms & Rules

~

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

~

So if a person is harassing another within the pit, they can be suspended?

Posting anything vulgar, or hateful? Etc...

My point is that if you're going to have rules for the pit and moderation happening there, then those rules need to be clarified and pinned there. If the "Forum Terms & Rules" are going to be used in the pit, then we're going to have a lot of posts being reported from there.

I understand but let me say this.

Threats towards other members WILL NOT be tolerated here

It's just that simple.

but I will expand. Given my own history of moderation decisions consider how strongly I must feel about this to go into an "unmoderated" area and find a ToS rule to enforce.

So why are you still posting now?

•  
  • After you were suspended you PM'ed a clarification of your posts, many people may have misunderstood your intention.
  • You also used this account to post an apology to that effect in thread.

So why are you not unsuspended now.

• I want to wait for feedback from the other moderators. As Stig knows that is not immediate and may take some time.
  • I no longer act independently as I did in the past.
  • I am willing to take your word that

I was agreeing that no more threatening was going to take place!

I AGREED TO NOT THREATEN ANYONE

p.s. it's been obvious for a while to us that Scotty = Center. While we don't like multiple accounts it's not like he was trying to post conversations as different people.

Mal,

Threats towards other members WILL NOT be tolerated here

It's just that simple.

but I will expand. Given my own history of moderation decisions consider how strongly I must feel about this to go into an "unmoderated" area and find a ToS rule to enforce.

That's totally fine by me, but what about the other forum rules which you went by in your decision?

"posting any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane."

Are those things fair game in the pit, and only "threatening" not allowed?

What if others feel just as strongly about such things as harassing, or posting hateful and defamatory posts...as I claim strawdog did?

As long as I'm suspended, I say he should be suspended as well...because we BOTH broke the forum rules.

I think we always said that the Pit is moderated in extremis and to me that would include personal threats. If some one posted white supremacist racist material I would moderate that as well - so there are exceptions.

I completely support what Mal has done here.

OK you chaps have the right to moderate as you wish but I will still call "Bullshit!" on this action.

1. It clearly says "Unmoderated" so stop being frigging hypocritical and downright dishonest

2. Precedent has it that the way the receiver of said offense receives it has had a part to play in previous moderation decisions. Case in point, Cat had moderators intercede on her behalf because she felt offended over a comment. Therefore, because I have taken no offense whatsoever over center/scotty threatening me (in fact I kinda was warming up to a brilliant come back before Mal ruined my fun) then I demand that that is taken into account

3. Well ... it is still a bullshit decision because The Pit is "THE PIT"

4. I was clearly, and admittedly intentionally, provoking center into an unbalanced response (which I must take a certain amount of credit for the outstanding success of such a ploy ;)), therefore I am as much to blame as he is, therefore if you intend to stick to this decision I must insist that I receive the same punishment as he has.

I am dead serious, either reinstate center's posting rights or suspend me as well!!

5. Still a bullshit decision!!

>.<

Edited by Stigweard

Oops ... double-post ... so I will just say "Bullshit!!" for emphasis.

24.gif

Edited by Stigweard

Please re-instate Center.

The point has been made and Center has agreed to what was questionable regarding moderation of this sub-forum.

It was not Center's fault that there was a misunderstanding about moderation.

And yes, I am aware of Sean's stance regarding threats of violence. This is his board and his criteria stand. However, I can remember back when I joined this forum when there were no such rules and as far as I know no one was physically harmed in any way by what anyone said.

If we are going to have 'The Pit' subforum I think it should remain unmoderated just as the entire board used to be prior to the establishment of the moderating system. Otherwise completely do away with the sub-forum.

Mal,

That's totally fine by me, but what about the other forum rules which you went by in your decision?

"posting any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane."

Are those things fair game in the pit, and only "threatening" not allowed?

What if others feel just as strongly about such things as harassing, or posting hateful and defamatory posts...as I claim strawdog did?

As long as I'm suspended, I say he should be suspended as well...because we BOTH broke the forum rules.

Strawdog did not threaten you...you were suspended for threatening him. But I guess you arent REALLY suspended since here you are...still posting.

• Like 1

TaoBee,

You could try actually reading what I wrote, and get up to speed on the conversation. That would show a little intelligence. No one thinks strawdog made a threat.

And you could also do away with the personal vendetta against me. That's only making you into a bully. In an ideal world, there'd be no problems between us. Totally your choice.

TaoBee,

You could try actually reading what I wrote, and get up to speed on the conversation. That would show a little intelligence. No one thinks strawdog made a threat.

And you could also do away with the personal vendetta against me. That's only making you into a bully. In an ideal world, there'd be no problems between us. Totally your choice.

I did actually read what you wrote...what I was saying is that SD should not be suspended because he did not threaten anyone..you did. Which is WHY you were suspended...so why should SD be suspended as you are? This is not a personal vendetta...like you or not I wouldnt waste my time responding to you if I didnt think it was warranted. When you say something I disagree with (or anyone who posts on TTB for that matter) I respond. Not liking you is an aside.

what I was saying is that SD should not be suspended because he did not threaten anyone..you did

Threatening is only one of the forum rules which apparently apply even to the pit. Strawdog broke other rules which are just as legitimate, such as "no harassing" and "no hateful posts".

If this still doesn't make sense, that's on you...

Not liking you is an aside.

:wub:

I can also love them despite their unfounded hatred for me. :)

There is a difference between dislike and hate. :ph34r:

OK you chaps have the right to moderate as you wish but I will still call "Bullshit!" on this action.

1. It clearly says "Unmoderated" so stop being frigging hypocritical and downright dishonest

2. Precedent has it that the way the receiver of said offense receives it has had a part to play in previous moderation decisions. Case in point, Cat had moderators intercede on her behalf because she felt offended over a comment. Therefore, because I have taken no offense whatsoever over center/scotty threatening me (in fact I kinda was warming up to a brilliant come back before Mal ruined my fun) then I demand that that is taken into account

3. Well ... it is still a bullshit decision because The Pit is "THE PIT"

4. I was clearly, and admittedly intentionally, provoking center into an unbalanced response (which I must take a certain amount of credit for the outstanding success of such a ploy ;)), therefore I am as much to blame as he is, therefore if you intend to stick to this decision I must insist that I receive the same punishment as he has.

I am dead serious, either reinstate center's posting rights or suspend me as well!!

5. Still a bullshit decision!!

>.<

Stigweard, to add my two cents in to this, it seems to me

that the threat Center made was legally actionable!

So when the forum rules say "anything goes," well....

the laws of the land still apply don't they ?

For example:

If somebody was openly trying to conduct a drug deal

in the pit, and then went "oops" do you think the

moderators should then be lenient about it?

• Like 1

it seems to me

that the threat Center made was legally actionable!

By the way...be careful that you don't THREATEN legal action against me.

Otherwise I'd tell the moderators!

That's a thr.......wait, ummm...that's a promise!

Sign in to follow this