Sign in to follow this  
Pero

Did you hear?

Pluto is no longer a planet... :)

Now we have only 8 planets.

Edited by Pero

So what is it, then ?? *laughs*

Guess I don't tune into the news nearly enough.

Not sure, translating from Slovene it comes out a "midget planet", but I don`t think it`s called that in English, maybe a planetoid? The thing is, they`ve found objects as big as Pluto or bigger, that are not classified as planets. Can`t find anything up to date on the net, just finding stuff from 1999. One term I`ve found (but from 1999) is a "trans-neptunian object"...

So, I did some checking on this since yesterday.

Not much either, except that it is possibly a moon, and another source said that it was actually one of four floating objects that actually orbit the planet Neptune - and Pluto's formerly known "moons" or "Satellites" Charon, Nix and Hydra actually being the other counterparts.

Kinda weird ... I gave my niece a test only TWO days ago, about the planets, and the importance of WATER - (trying to get her back into the swing of back to school and reading/quizzing on it)

Her answer for how many planets are there in our solar system?

I bet you can guess.

She said "8".

:lol: 's at the irony.

And to think, I had given her a small helpful hint on remembering them all. (in order from the Sun, even)

I was talking about this today with a buddy from OSU, and during the course of the conversation he mentioned the theory on the nationally broadcasted "First Man on the Moon" event being a very well orchastrated hoax.

I'm not sure how I feel about that ... except ...

although I have some feelings on the matter, ultimately it doesn't matter that much.

We may not have had the technology to go through such a mission in the 60's but we are certainly more than capable of it today. I know I wouldn't want to be famous for something if I had faked it's meaning completely.

Nature teaches us that we are both specks and giants at the same time ...

and in while we are here seems we always think we know everything that goes on.

I'm just glad that we can be fully certain of the things that truly matter most.

Such as?

Everyone is different. I can only speak for myself, so I should have known better in that last sentence putting "We". I suspected someone would say that very thing, myth. LOL

Everyone is different. I can only speak for myself, so I should have known better in that last sentence putting "We". I suspected someone would say that very thing, myth. LOL

I meant for you to speak for yourself.

The "We" wasn't even under consideration.

Am still interested in your anwser.

And yes, I dare answer.

After reading your signature, I know now why you've asked such question and persist.

I'm not sure if my answers will satisfy this question, but a down-pour of thought came from its origination.

I've heard, been told, and realize that the more a person talks the less they actually say, with words getting farther blurred in meaning when used in too much context. Yet my inner-writer resists ... lol

Silence cannot be misquoted or misconstrued, yet I feel thinking and its expression is a great amusement.

But I do try to think seriously long and clearly before responding to provocation ...

Watching, listening, and understanding are important. (And according to Voltaire) - It's good to think for yourself, and let others enjoy the right to do the same. I love what my first spiritual teacher illustrated so tactfully -

heart = gardens

thought = roots

word = flowers

deed = fruits

The value of life, naturalness of death, ties in with impermanence and the reassurance that you can always improve on the details while in existence. Acceptance of the necessity of death of the body form is ultimate proof that everything changes and you've the chance to grow from it in some way. Let alone what your eyes may witness day to day ...

Stengths, Fears & Weaknesses - these show you how wide & deep personal, emotional responses to life are, how constricted or narrow you've allowed the self to be.

A person who fears too much has most likely cheated oneself during their life and have not put much thought to preparing oneself with a true, strong spirit for death/ascension.

IMHO Humility & open mindedness makes us easily teachable.

Philosophy sprang early in the time continuum I suspect because the main message from it is hope.

Masses of text over the ages fill endless shelves on every aspect and angle you can imagine.

Bathing in the source of your own existence & experience, you can close your eyes, feeling yourself sink into its depths.

Inner Reflection - a chance to challenge your thinking. People were built to adjust. A life examined & explored is definetly good measure. Makes living more sensible. Though I really find that distance allows you to see things more clearly ... observation strengthens understanding in a way unlike nothing else.

What feels like home to you ? Sour, sweet, bitter, pungent - all must be tasted. Life's great mysteries are mirrored in yourself.

Persistence of Memory - Can you tell whether the passion/fire of your life is dying away, or blazing forth ? Dedication to your character saves you from the failures in front of yourself.

Balance of gain & loss - using the breath form to heal & strengthen, welcome opportunity, new capability to act & live in the world. Having intelligence is not enough. It's important to use it wisely. That's why I think curcumstances are excellent instruments for the lessons that gain and loss give.

Possibility of Infallible Infinite Love - compassion without prejudice or preference, allowing yourself to feel both the joy & heartache of living. The fragments of reality are spiked with desires & dissapointments. One pure human heart is enough to forgive, accept, & love the whole of humanity & the moments of your life & the world around are rich with possibilities.

Honest & Sincere Appreciation - A person who is not connecting somewhat inside, indolent, or coward, usually move on comfortably in life but the soul remains stricken, frustrated, restless. Important things cannot be done half-heartedly. The nature of our body generally only tolerates sincerety. If you offend against it with deprivation or excess of any kind it will bear neither of the two and will answer fatally for both.

Also as a side note I feel it is not smart to criticize someone (if ever) until you've at least walked a mile in their shoes.

Once you taste losing & survive, trying in the future becomes a little more comfortable. I'm hoping to become at least half of what I mean to be.

When I finish my silent-but-worked-out tasks I've personally contracted (with my nature) according to my abilities I'll peacefully go with the hope that maybe it was useful to humankind.

here's to using the mind well ...

and perhaps finding & serving passions ...

-Michelle

Edited by TwoTrees

And yes, I dare answer.

After reading your signature, I know now why you've asked such question and persist.

I'm not sure if my answers will satisfy this question, but a down-pour of thought came from its origination.

I've heard, been told, and realize that the more a person talks the less they actually say, with words getting farther blurred in meaning when used in too much context. Yet my inner-writer resists ... lol

Silence cannot be misquoted or misconstrued, yet I feel thinking and its expression is a great amusement.

But I do try to think seriously long and clearly before responding to provocation ...

Watching, listening, and understanding are important. It's good to think for yourself, and let others enjoy the right to do the same. I love what my first spiritual teacher illustrated so tactfully -

heart = gardens

thought = roots

word = flowers

deed = fruits

The value of life, naturalness of death, ties in with impermanence and the reassurance that you can always improve on the details while in existence. Acceptance of the necessity of death of the body form is ultimate proof that everything changes and you've the chance to grow from it in some way. Let alone what your eyes may witness day to day ...

Stengths, Fears & Weaknesses - these show you how wide & deep personal, emotional responses to life are, how constricted or narrow you've allowed the self to be.

A person who fears too much has most likely cheated oneself during their life and have not put much thought to preparing oneself with a true, strong spirit for death/ascension.

IMHO Humility & open mindedness makes us easily teachable.

Philosophy sprang early in the time continuum I suspect because the main message from it is hope.

Masses of text over the ages fill endless shelves on every aspect and angle you can imagine.

Bathing in the source of your own existence & experience, you can close your eyes, feeling yourself sink into its depths.

Inner Reflection - a chance to challenge your thinking. People were built to adjust. A life examined & explored is definetly good measure. Makes living more sensible. Though I really find that distance allows you to see things more clearly ... observation strengthens understanding in a way unlike nothing else.

What feels like home to you ? Sour, sweet, bitter, pungent - all must be tasted. Life's great mysteries are mirrored in yourself.

Persistence of Memory - Can you tell whether the passion/fire of your life is dying away, or blazing forth ? Dedication to your character saves you from the failures in front of yourself.

Balance of gain & loss - using the breath form to heal & strengthen, welcome opportunity, new capability to act & live in the world. Having intelligence is not enough. It's important to use it wisely. That's why I think curcumstances are excellent instruments for the lessons that gain and loss give.

Possibility of Infallible Infinite Love - compassion without prejudice or preference, allowing yourself to feel both the joy & heartache of living. The fragments of reality are spiked with desires & dissapointments. One pure human heart is enough to forgive, accept, & love the whole of humanity & the moments of your life & the world around are rich with possibilities.

Honest & Sincere Appreciation - A person who is not connecting somewhat inside, indolent, or coward, usually move on comfortably in life but the soul remains stricken, frustrated, restless. Important things cannot be done half-heartedly. The nature of our body generally only tolerates sincerety. If you offend against it with deprivation or excess of any kind it will bear neither of the two and will answer fatally for both.

Also as a side note I feel it is not smart to criticize someone (if ever) until you've at least walked a mile in their shoes.

Once you taste losing & survive, trying in the future becomes a little more comfortable. I'm hoping to become at least half of what I mean to be.

When I finish my silent-but-worked-out tasks I've personally contracted (with my nature) according to my abilities I'll peacefully go with the hope that maybe it was useful to humankind.

here's to using the mind well ...

and perhaps finding & serving passions ...

-Michelle

Nice post.

Somehow I got to thinking about "what do I really know for sure."

So far:

Everything that is born will die.

Everything is in constant state of change - nothing is certain.

Mythmaker Wrote:

Somehow I got to thinking about "what do I really know for sure."

So far:

Everything that is born will die.

Everything is in constant state of change - nothing is certain

but I was taught

the opposite of a great truth, is another great truth.

I think it works for these.

Michael

Sign in to follow this