Desert Eagle

Cure for masturbation addiction

6 members have voted

1. 1. Have you experienced some or all of the symptoms?

2. 2. Did you overindulge and regret it? Did it seriously affect your outlook and life style choices?

3. 3. Did you previously try other measures of stopping but were not fully successful? What do you think of the clove oil method?

• Yes successful
    • Yes not successful
    • No
    • Clove method great
    • good
    • ok
    • not so good
    • bad
    • unnecessary

Updates:

1- I found that small amounts of lidocaine in a cream is a less painful and more effective solution. example: tecnu gel (2.5% lidocaine) the tea tree and thyme oils also help cleanliness. however lidocaine might have adverse long term affects, I am searching for a lesser concentration.

2- i read around severeal places that exercising the inner thigh would divert ebergy from the genitals.

Introduction:

Did any one count how many posts and new male members that talked about feeling tired and drained from semen loss and want solutions? I did not count but came across many and I would not be surprised if they were in the several hundreds just for this site. Some members suggested to pin the subject.

Motivated by one of the latest threads, I wanted to share a simple method to stop masturbation addiction.

If you have a wish to stop but cannot resist then the clove oil is to amplify that wish and overcome the desire. Pure clove oil is widely available in supermarkets and pharmacies internationally as a tooth ache remedy. If it doesn't come with a dropper you can use a different bottle, eye dropper, or cotton swab.

The method:

When aroused and wanting or doing masturbation put 1 or 2 drops (up to 4) on the glans of the penis (the head or tip of the penis). After a few seconds you will experience varying amounts of great pain which will last a few minutes.

If you put too much, the pain is too great, or the oil touched the testicles then smother the area with olive oil for quick relief. During the pain walk around and kick backwards to shake the inner thighs to move that energy around. The erection will shrink and the desire has been associated with pain. Therefore the number of masturbations will reduce overtime.

After long periods of not using this method or an alternative then the desire will come back and the association will dissipate. The only side effect I experienced was increased heat and redding of the eyes, these went away after eating cold foods such as cucumber, purple cabbage and black cohosh herbal supplement.

I tried this method and it was very effective. Now it is enough to keep the bottle nearby and imagine the pain instead of actually using the oil. I keep a small bottle of clove oil with a dropper nearby or get a smaller bottle and tie it to make a necklace to hang nearby to remind yourself and to be ready (if I'm not practicing then at least I'm not masturbating). It might be possible to use an eye dropper but I haven't tried.

Notes:

The clove oil method is a stopgap pain-based solution with limited functionality until a better solution is achieved. It is intended for cases of extreme masturbation addiction where health is drastically affected. No philosophy, qigong, yoga, meditation, training, or practice. Only pain the body understands immediately. In effect it is like hitting and scolding a child because it badly misbehaved. The end result is saving the vital jing until it is better managed. (I saw animal parents hitting and shouting at their offspring when they did something wrong, so aversion therapy works regardless of the consequences.)

My understanding of cultivation is to stop leakages and reduce stress and cultivate and use the accumulated energy or meditate and it will expand naturally.

Stopping leakages includes diet quality and quantity control, avoiding emotional extremes, regulating the senses, and regulating sexual engagements.

Theory:

The oil forces the area out of stagnation due to it's pungent and dispersing nature similar to nutmeg and orange peel oil in TCM. In ayurveda it transforms stagnant kapha to vata.

History:

From psychiatry there is aversion therapy where you associate a painful stimulus with the unwanted activity thereby subconsciously avoiding the unwanted behavior. In 19th century Europe they used caustic soda and other abrasive chemicals on the pubic area to prevent masturbation while causing permanent damage. In Europe and north America, boxing was encouraged to lift the energy upwards and create an activity that is not conducive to masturbation. In India, wrestling in the temples of Hanuman where the source of a lot of literature against masturbation as how it depletes vital energies. In Chinese energy theory, semen is composed of two parts, one from you which can be replenished by food, and one from your parents which is considered impossible to replenish (see the "latest thread" above). Dr. Lin said that the male fly dies soon after ejaculation and Chinese unwise royalty wasted away rapidly and died young because of over indulgence in sex.

For more history see this article.

I would like to see others feedback and improvements over this method.

Quotes:

1. If one does it too often, like three to five times a day.

2. The symptoms are showing fatigue, breathing problem, lack of concentration, loss of memory, pain on the left side of the abdomen, loss of all interests with no egos, loss of self esteem and hallucinating.

#1 - Tonify the kidneys through herbs and acupuncture

#2 - Cultivate the post-natal essence which supports the pre-natal. What you eat, drink, and breathe. . .

#3 - Cultivation practices - qigong, tai ji, etc.

Look everybody, semen rettention = foundation of will power

no will power = no will to practice

no will to practice = no immortality

no immortality = your existance will be like a fart in the wind

source

As Vivekananda stated spirituality is just sublimated sex energy

source

Yes, because as the energy is transformed through prolonged practice into empowered Chi, then Shen, when your Jing arises, it ends up focusing upward, dimensionally speaking, it stops being clogged by the necessity to go outward.

When you do this practice long enough, and you end up having sex, sometimes you can't even ejaculate because the energy is just so trained for going inward and upward and if you relax into this, even while having sex, there is no sense of outward desire anymore, the energy is fulfilled through the spiritual realm instead of the physical.

Before this can happen, one has to have trained in celibacy for a while doing particular tantric practices or chi gong practices, while studying the appropriate texts concerning these practices of transforming jing into shen.

This will take time though, a retraining of the mind/body complex has to be undertaken with focus and sincere desire for results.

source

Edits: poll typo "unecessary", added poll answer "None".

Edited by Desert Eagle
  • Like 1

Hmmm....

"Your focus determines your reality" - Qui-Gon Jinn, Star Wars Episode I

I've been masturbating my whole life. Like.... since I was four. It never caused me to have any problems. Ever. I'd usually ejaculate about 3 times per session, with about two or three sessions a day (right before I went to sleep, and when I work up, or else walk around with a huge erection for fifteen minutes every morning). Some days I'd do more, some days I'd do less, depending on what my body needed. It was very natural. If I was really tired before I went to sleep, I wouldn't do it. If I was having sex with a partner, I'd usually do it less (as I had an outlet). If I was super worked up, and couldn't got to sleep, I'd do a bit more.

At the age of 18 I started to get into methods which were big on this "protecting the essence" and whatever associated with masturbation. Decided that, for the betterment of my cultivation, I'd have to stop. Didn't ever try to burn my penis off, but I did do that rubber band trick that you recommended in another thread.

Well this went on for almost a year, me trying to stop. Got to a point where I'd about almost tore my hand off with the rubber band :lol: I started to exhibit obsessive compulsive behavior, not only with my mind, my sex thoughts, and my rubber band, but also with other things in general, such as opening and closing doors, counting repetitive actions, and things like that. I knew I was REALLY messed up when I started to become obsessive about hand washing (because that is a well known OCD type thing- I knew counting was too, but I considered hand washing the next level).

So then I figured that since I was obsessed and determined for masturbation and sex, I'd try semen retention and whatever. Well had a couple of scares with that, so decided to stop (and I don't suggest anyone do it either).

The point is, I NEVER had a problem with masturbation or energy or anything before in my life. It was a natural part of my day. I had discovered it naturally, did it when I needed to, and if I didn't need to, I wouldn't do it.

Problems started when I was TOLD "masturbation wastes energy", "you are losing your essence", "you are stimulating lust". Before, I'd do it when I needed to. After, the focus of my entire day for most of a year was about whatever was going down in my genitals! It was crazy!

So then I said screw it. If I want to have sex, I'm going to have sex. If I want to masturbate, I am going to masturbate.

I am much healthier now.

I am much happier now.

I am much more energetic now.

Maybe I'm just a super stud. Maybe I will burn out when I hit 25.

But as of now, my suggestion is DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT. The more you bother about it, the more it will bother you.

You will go through a lot less pain, a lot less anguish, and you will lose a lot LESS energy if you stop thinking about it, and listen to what your body actually needs.

Also, intrusive thoughts are nothing new, or unnatural. We have thoughts about everything at all parts of the day. Our minds are powerful, and can think about more than we can consciously keep up with. If you get a hang up every time you think about sex, if you smack your wrist or burn your dick, every time you think about sex, you are GOING to be doing it CONSTANTLY. Because instead of dropping it and moving on, as you would normally do, you focus it and give it an inordinate amount of power. More than it'd normally have (that is to say, none).

At least, that was my experience. If you're the type of person like me, who gets pretty obsessive in general, who goes balls to the wall, who is really determined to cut out all sexual thoughts, and is really vigilant about every time something remotely sexual happens, you are going to inadvertently CAUSE more connections with sex in your mind than you are stopping (because instead of thinking "think spiritual" you are saying "don't think about sex", and your focus will still be on sex!)

So, yeah, that's just my experience. It bothers me that there is a fixation upon sexuality (or rather, not being sexual) when it comes to sexuality. Because, in my opinion, it tells people they have a problem when, most of the time, they really don't. It gives them a problem that they have to fix before moving on. And it makes it so that they can NEVER move on. Especially if they are a teenager with raging hormones going on anyway- then you are guaranteed to fail. Especially if you live in modern, media driven society, dominated by pictures of attractive, mostly naked women in advertisements.

Anyway, I think that's long enough.

The strict stopping methods might work for you. For me, they caused more problems than they fixed. And to be honest, there was never even a problem with me to begin with.

I just felt compelled to write this. To let anyone willing to read all of that know.

So have at it (whatever you decide to do).

• Like 2

Hmmm....

"Where the mind goes the chi follows", I forgot about this point thanks for reminding me. It is true but I did not intend to be focused on the genitals or sexual thoughts and thereby indeed losing more energy. How to stop a natural force? I wasn't recommending to stop the thoughts necessarily but to redirect and transform them. The stoppage is only a part of the action not the entire action. The pain creates neural connections to be able to control the energy flow just by feeling it. This would otherwise be trained in for long hours.

This method is a blip in memory, a temporary stage where I needed it. Sign posts along the way written on them a message my objective self feeling the damages wanted to communicate to the raging energies saying "hay what is this doing to me?" and "better do something else more constructive". The modern media culture as you said has cultivated unhealthy imbalances and coupled with it no knowledge on what to do with this energy except to masturbate as if this was its intended purpose. And you do that a lot while young and not feel the consequences because you are young. And with that not realizing it's potential, which is the whole point.

I've been masturbating my whole life. Like.... since I was four. It never caused me to have any problems. Ever. I'd usually ejaculate about 3 times per session, with about two or three sessions a day (right before I went to sleep, and when I work up, or else walk around with a huge erection for fifteen minutes every morning). Some days I'd do more, some days I'd do less, depending on what my body needed. It was very natural. If I was really tired before I went to sleep, I wouldn't do it. If I was having sex with a partner, I'd usually do it less (as I had an outlet). If I was super worked up, and couldn't got to sleep, I'd do a bit more.

I was like that except I probably did it more but I was sensitive to changes.

At the age of 18 I started to get into methods which were big on this "protecting the essence" and whatever associated with masturbation. Decided that, for the betterment of my cultivation, I'd have to stop. Didn't ever try to burn my penis off, but I did do that rubber band trick that you recommended in another thread.

Yeah it shouldn't just be protecting but redirecting as well. The rubber band is nothing compared to clove oil, it's generalized and not focused enough to stop the urge so it would probably cause OCD and annoyances. I jokingly asked a friend if they buy a cut penis.

Well had a couple of scares with that, so decided to stop (and I don't suggest anyone do it either).

The point is, I NEVER had a problem with masturbation or energy or anything before in my life. It was a natural part of my day. I had discovered it naturally, did it when I needed to, and if I didn't need to, I wouldn't do it.

Too much energy without direction would cause problems too but you said you are also not familiar with the damages that this method addresses. So I feel that you have not realized the motivation for this method.

Problems started when I was TOLD "masturbation wastes energy", "you are losing your essence", "you are stimulating lust". Before, I'd do it when I needed to. After, the focus of my entire day for most of a year was about whatever was going down in my genitals! It was crazy!

Telling of "there is a problem" but giving no real solution.

That is a subjective variable, just because you don't feel it doesn't mean there is no better potential.

But as of now, my suggestion is DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT. The more you bother about it, the more it will bother you.

Also, intrusive thoughts are nothing new, or unnatural. We have thoughts about everything at all parts of the day. Our minds are powerful, and can think about more than we can consciously keep up with. If you get a hang up every time you think about sex, if you smack your wrist or burn your dick, every time you think about sex, you are GOING to be doing it CONSTANTLY. Because instead of dropping it and moving on, as you would normally do, you focus it and give it an inordinate amount of power. More than it'd normally have (that is to say, none).

At least, that was my experience. If you're the type of person like me, who gets pretty obsessive in general, who goes balls to the wall, who is really determined to cut out all sexual thoughts, and is really vigilant about every time something remotely sexual happens, you are going to inadvertently CAUSE more connections with sex in your mind than you are stopping (because instead of thinking "think spiritual" you are saying "don't think about sex", and your focus will still be on sex!)

Not really thinking so or trying to stop the thoughts. Letting the thoughts take their course but when the energy is directing to physical lust, I reign it in and tell it to calm down and not be attached. Again, redirection not stopping. Smile, think of something else, when too close remember the damages.

Furthermore, this method is a tool to direct the energy and move it around, not just thinking or conceptualizing. You can forget about thinking and just remember to use the oil and remember the pain. However, the dilemma here for me is how to convey the issue to someone who hasn't experienced the damages and the benefits? not just advice for the contrary but actually feeling where the advice comes from?

From the aforementioned thread we see that masturbation can lead to vital prenatal jing loss and the person suffers long term as if he poisoned himself and life will be an uphill struggle. The temporary enjoyment was merely the sensation of energy moving out. And since most males masturbate and sometimes too frequently, I felt that the hazard wasn't emphasized enough.

If you were born a "super stud" or had a supportive environment where the urge was transformed and you caught on early on to sport, healthy social life, healthy diet, qigong/yoga/martial arts then congratulations you probably don't need this method and you probably haven't experienced the extreme negative results of over-indulgence and aren't aware of or do not see the urgency of this matter. It's the same when a healthy person does not feel his fortune until he loses his health. If however you have over-indulged and hit rock bottom and experienced some or all of the symptoms then you need to seriously consider remedial measures as a matter of survival.

I am much healthier now.

I am much happier now.

You will go through a lot less pain, a lot less anguish, and you will lose a lot LESS energy if you stop thinking about it, and listen to what your body actually needs.

So, yeah, that's just my experience. It bothers me that there is a fixation upon sexuality (or rather, not being sexual) when it comes to sexuality. Because, in my opinion, it tells people they have a problem when, most of the time, they really don't. It gives them a problem that they have to fix before moving on. And it makes it so that they can NEVER move on. Especially if they are a teenager with raging hormones going on anyway- then you are guaranteed to fail. Especially if you live in modern, media driven society, dominated by pictures of attractive, mostly naked women in advertisements.

I agree with you that thoughts have a great power in this matter and that retention gives them even more power. But I thought I was clear that this a temporary tool that was not much about thinking as it is about redirecting, and I'm sorry if I was not clear. Stopping, thinking and conceptualizing too much without redirecting the natural energy is like a dam that will overflow.

The strict stopping methods might work for you. For me, they caused more problems than they fixed. And to be honest, there was never even a problem with me to begin with.

I just felt compelled to write this. To let anyone willing to read all of that know.

Thanks for the input and sorry for the misunderstandings.

• Like 1

So then I figured that since I was obsessed and determined for masturbation and sex, I'd try semen retention and whatever. Well had a couple of scares with that, so decided to stop (and I don't suggest anyone do it either).

I would like to know what are those scares and which end of the spectrum is more damaging?

Ps. I would like to invite any disapproving views as well so I can learn. I have presentation problems and have a knack for misunderstandings.

Edited by Desert Eagle

Hmmm....

Yeah i did that too but wait until you start getting close to 30 and try masturbating and ejaculating 3 times a day and see how you feel. :)

Masturbating is not so bad as long as you do it in moderation and don't combine it with porn this trains your subconscious to give your power away to women and view them as sex objects.

No masturbation = One hell of a drive to accomplish things in life and go after real women.

For those struggling with masturbation and porn addiction and feel like they're not getting anywhere in life this "cure" might be a good idea.

Edited by Gjeken

related thread: Practices to reduce or eliminate the influence of lust

Yeah i did that too but wait until you start getting close to 30 and try masturbating and ejaculating 3 times a day and see how you feel. :)

Isn't it an issue of mismanagement? The old axiom says that if you are not planning to succeed then you are planning to fail. GIH said that we are the directors of our lives. If you are not managing that energy then other instincts will release it away from you because you couldn't handle it. Any practice is more beneficial than wasting that energy on masturbation. So "ejaculating 3 times" when you're 30 is a symptom of lack of awareness still having the mindset of a child in a theme park or candy store.

Edited by Desert Eagle

Hmmm....

Well this went on for almost a year, me trying to stop. Got to a point where I'd about almost tore my hand off with the rubber band :lol: I started to exhibit obsessive compulsive behavior, not only with my mind, my sex thoughts, and my rubber band, but also with other things in general, such as opening and closing doors, counting repetitive actions, and things like that. I knew I was REALLY messed up when I started to become obsessive about hand washing (because that is a well known OCD type thing- I knew counting was too, but I considered hand washing the next level).

So then I said screw it. If I want to have sex, I'm going to have sex. If I want to masturbate, I am going to masturbate.

I am much healthier now.

I am much happier now.

I agree with you, Zhang. It's all about what going on in your mind, not what you do on the outside. If you can do it innocently, and naturally, as you feel like it then it's no problem at all. However, sometimes when an impure mind attempts masturbation it can effect the mind, it can be obsessive and lustful, or if you learned its bad from childhood you can always feel a sense of guilt afterwards. I am like you, I do it innocently, but there are other things I cannot do in that way! Like romantic love, if I let myself then it will completely consume me, like a black cloud is hovering over my head, so to let myself think clearly and continue being spontaneous and free, I have to restrain myself or it will be a weight on my mind. Maybe for some it is the same for masturbation? It's better to just know yourself and know how things effect you and what poisons your mind, rather than just do what everyone else does. Those are my random, unorganized thoughts on the topic =)

I agree with you, Zhang. It's all about what going on in your mind, not what you do on the outside. If you can do it innocently, and naturally, as you feel like it then it's no problem at all. However, sometimes when an impure mind attempts masturbation it can effect the mind, it can be obsessive and lustful, or if you learned its bad from childhood you can always feel a sense of guilt afterwards. I am like you, I do it innocently, but there are other things I cannot do in that way! Like romantic love, if I let myself then it will completely consume me, like a black cloud is hovering over my head, so to let myself think clearly and continue being spontaneous and free, I have to restrain myself or it will be a weight on my mind. Maybe for some it is the same for masturbation? It's better to just know yourself and know how things effect you and what poisons your mind, rather than just do what everyone else does. Those are my random, unorganized thoughts on the topic =)

Yes but the hidden factor here is the amount of energy you have. If too much masturbation then less energy to go to the mind to control your self. And with less energy available the harder it is to break or change a habit. So it's a vicious cycle and a catch 22 and the most effective thing that can be done is to stop and then think, reevaluate, and redirect.

As a similar but more extreme example, diabetics can appreciate this hidden energy factor. Without this energy everything shuts down. In masturbation, when you reach that similar stage and be forced to seek a solution then the damage has already been done.

Edited by Desert Eagle

No masturbation = One hell of a drive to accomplish things in life and go after real women.

Masturbation and real women are not mutually exclusive :lol:

Real women can make masturbation that much better ;)

Also, masturbation and a drive to accomplish things are not mutually exclusive either :lol:

Masturbation is just one subsection of human sexuality, which is just one subsection of a human being. It ain't an all or nothing thing. Masturbating, enjoying porn, and the like does not mean you have no drive to accomplish things in life and that you aren't around real women/don't go after them.

• Like 1

Yes but the hidden factor here is the amount of energy you have. If too much masturbation then less energy to go to the mind to control your self. And with less energy available the harder it is to break or change a habit. So it's a vicious cycle and a catch 22 and the most effective thing that can be done is to stop and then think, reevaluate, and redirect.

As a related but more extreme example, diabetics can appreciate this hidden energy factor. Without this energy everything shuts down. In masturbation, when you reach that similar stage and be forced to seek a solution then the damage has already been done.

I have heard this being said before by people involved in yoga. I am hoping you will not mind that I am very skeptical of it. What you are saying should be based in science. All that we do requires energy, but it is human nature to use energy, and in doing that we build up our reserves for more energy. If you do a cardiovascular exercise every day you will eventually have more energy to expel, for example. Really, to have more energy the focus should be in eating healthy, exercise, good sleep, and also reducing anxiety. I have not seen any evidence to show that masturbation is anything special in this regard, that it deprives us of energy. I would like to see evidence if you have any. Also, using just my speculation, I think masturbation would really give you more energy if it was done in a simple, natural way, because otherwise a person will be making a big effort to fight off the urges, which could cause anxiety, when it's really a simple fix and just some thrusts of the hand; not a big deal at all. If you don't do it you will just ejaculate in your sleep sometimes anyway, and it won't be as restful. Every study I have seen, in fact I just read one, say that it's good for the brain and it doesn't have any proven negative side effects, unless it's done excessively, or it's just a product of a mental disorder that already exists. Sorry for the disorganized thoughts. =)

-Mendelssohn

Masturbation is just one subsection of human sexuality, which is just one subsection of a human being. It ain't an all or nothing thing.

I'm not talking about the concept of masturbation. I am talking about chronic addiction or a disadvantageous amount of masturbation that causes symptoms. Most or all males masturbated.

does not mean you have no drive

It might in the case of too much masturbation which is what I am referring to.

Clove oil? You have got to be kidding me! This is just abject physical abuse based in fear and a misunderstanding of the way things are!

Clove oil? You have got to be kidding me!

No I am not kidding you or making a joke thread.

This is just abject physical abuse

No it is not abuse. It does not cause injury or permanent damage in the method I described. And it is not intended for pleasure or self abuse, only stopping masturbation as the more harmful alternative.

Therefore it is a stressor, similar to heavy exercise or hard martial arts hitting themselves and striking objects.

It is one of the tools available for anyone who seeks a solution.

based in fear

No not based in fear, but logic, experience and traditional wisdom. Unless someone would choose to enjoy having those symptoms of over masturbation all the time?

and a misunderstanding of the way things are!

Elaborate?

Edited by Desert Eagle

A few brief notes and thoughts...

Read some posts in the discussion forum at no-porn.com. You'll see that addiction is a horrendous wreck for many guys. Wrecks lives, families, health, etc. I can understand where the motivation for stop! remedies comes from.

re: more kind alchemy solutions, that might help some - but of course won't turn any of us into eunichs... A couple of recent discoveries to feel the rush of vitality in a cool unaroused way (key).

1. Testicle Pearl Breathing

2. Kneeling Exercise + Kwan Ying Magnetic Qigong (heart chakra)

Then there's the issue of repairing damage, which is usually involved w/stagnant heat. Opening channels, ventilating, blood circulation.

And living a satisfying lifestyle...

Plenty of aspects of work in becoming better human beings.

- Trunk

Hmmm....

I am much healthier now.

I am much happier now.

You already know what I am gonna say.

Btw, I chanted a few thousand times of Vajrakilaya using deity meditation on the image of Vajrakilaya.

Went into a trance and those intruding on my thoughts?

They ran away.

Furthermore, I have been alternating between taking a raw veg diet and fasting.

Also started daily vispassana meditation.

That reduced my sexual desires by a ton.

So it is not that reducing sexual desires is impossible.

It is just impossible for you cos you are too weak-willed.

At the rate you are going, you will never succeed in achieving spiritual progress because one does need to retain semen in order to increase consciousness.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if your health gets completely destroyed and premature aging steps in.

Balding, loss of height, eyesight, loss of muscular and bone strength are just some of the symptoms.

Edited by tulku

"Where the mind goes the chi follows", I forgot about this point thanks for reminding me. It is true but I did not intend to be focused on the genitals or sexual thoughts and thereby indeed losing more energy. How to stop a natural force? I wasn't recommending to stop the thoughts necessarily but to redirect and transform them. The stoppage is only a part of the action not the entire action. The pain creates neural connections to be able to control the energy flow just by feeling it. This would otherwise be trained in for long hours.

This method is a blip in memory, a temporary stage where I needed it. Sign posts along the way written on them a message my objective self feeling the damages wanted to communicate to the raging energies saying "hay what is this doing to me?" and "better do something else more constructive". The modern media culture as you said has cultivated unhealthy imbalances and coupled with it no knowledge on what to do with this energy except to masturbate as if this was its intended purpose. And you do that a lot while young and not feel the consequences because you are young. And with that not realizing it's potential, which is the whole point.

I was like that except I probably did it more but I was sensitive to changes.

Yeah it shouldn't just be protecting but redirecting as well. The rubber band is nothing compared to clove oil, it's generalized and not focused enough to stop the urge so it would probably cause OCD and annoyances. I jokingly asked a friend if they buy a cut penis.

Too much energy without direction would cause problems too but you said you are also not familiar with the damages that this method addresses. So I feel that you have not realized the motivation for this method.

Telling of "there is a problem" but giving no real solution.

That is a subjective variable, just because you don't feel it doesn't mean there is no better potential.

Not really thinking so or trying to stop the thoughts. Letting the thoughts take their course but when the energy is directing to physical lust, I reign it in and tell it to calm down and not be attached. Again, redirection not stopping. Smile, think of something else, when too close remember the damages.

Furthermore, this method is a tool to direct the energy and move it around, not just thinking or conceptualizing. You can forget about thinking and just remember to use the oil and remember the pain. However, the dilemma here for me is how to convey the issue to someone who hasn't experienced the damages and the benefits? not just advice for the contrary but actually feeling where the advice comes from?

From the aforementioned thread we see that masturbation can lead to vital prenatal jing loss and the person suffers long term as if he poisoned himself and life will be an uphill struggle. The temporary enjoyment was merely the sensation of energy moving out. And since most males masturbate and sometimes too frequently, I felt that the hazard wasn't emphasized enough.

If you were born a "super stud" or had a supportive environment where the urge was transformed and you caught on early on to sport, healthy social life, healthy diet, qigong/yoga/martial arts then congratulations you probably don't need this method and you probably haven't experienced the extreme negative results of over-indulgence and aren't aware of or do not see the urgency of this matter. It's the same when a healthy person does not feel his fortune until he loses his health. If however you have over-indulged and hit rock bottom and experienced some or all of the symptoms then you need to seriously consider remedial measures as a matter of survival.

I agree with you that thoughts have a great power in this matter and that retention gives them even more power. But I thought I was clear that this a temporary tool that was not much about thinking as it is about redirecting, and I'm sorry if I was not clear. Stopping, thinking and conceptualizing too much without redirecting the natural energy is like a dam that will overflow.

Thanks for the input and sorry for the misunderstandings.

Look masturbation isn't the only problem. The whole act of sex itself is THE problem.

Whether one loses his sperm via masturbation or via sex, he is still causing damage to his entire system!

Plus opening himself up to more intrusions!

I have raged upon the need for asceticism recently and sexual desires/addictions are one of the biggest factors for asceticism if not the biggest factor itself!

Masturbating is not so bad as long as you do it in moderation and don't combine it with porn this trains your subconscious to give your power away to women and view them as sex objects.

For those struggling with masturbation and porn addiction and feel like they're not getting anywhere in life this "cure" might be a good idea.

i don't think one should even focus on thoughts of sex itself.

as soon as thoughts of a woman enter your mind, you should automatically imagine that woman as a skeleton defecating in the toilet bowl

that really helps

Edited by tulku

As a similar but more extreme example, diabetics can appreciate this hidden energy factor. Without this energy everything shuts down. In masturbation, when you reach that similar stage and be forced to seek a solution then the damage has already been done.

Once you stop semen ejaculation via masturbation or sex, the body will repair itself.

as soon as thoughts of a woman enter your mind, you should automatically imagine that woman as a skeleton defecating in the toilet bowl

I tried that once.... then I started getting off to skeletons defecating in the toilet bowl. :blink:

• Like 1

I tried that once.... then I started getting off to skeletons defecating in the toilet bowl. :blink:

This is a prime example of "too much good stuff" when the good stuff is derrived from something so terrible :lol:

K so now i am kind of grossed out, bye.

This is a prime example of "too much good stuff" when the good stuff is derrived from something so terrible :lol:

K so now i am kind of grossed out, bye.

It's not derived from anything terrible :lol: It's simple classical conditioning.

If seeing a hot girl leads to arousal, and you begin to associate hot girls with shitting skeletons, then eventually shitting skeletons will lead to arousal :lol:

I blame asceticism for my perversions :lol: If I didn't try so hard to not be aroused, then I would be so hard all the freakin' time :P

Edited by Sloppy Zhang