LittlePie

Master Clyman's PPT Workshop

I attended Master Gary Clyman's PPT workshop this weekend. The workshop went from 9 a.m. to about 7:30 pm on Saturday, and from 10 a.m. to about 4 p.m. on Sunday. (On Sunday we had Dim Sum at his girlfriend's restaurant in China Town, and it was effin' awesome.) Anyway, I'm writing this review for people who are serious about internal skill training, people who desire mastery, people who are confused by all the b.s. and misinformation out there. Saturday was the big day. We did a lot. By this I mean, I learned more in about 3.5 hours than I would have learned in 3.5 lifetimes at the two previous tai chi places I was going to before. We started with condensing breathing. Imagine that. This supposedly super-advanced skill that was off limits to "beginners" like me at the aforementioned tai chi centers was the first thing we learned. Gary flipped on the TV, pressed play on the VCR, and said something to the effect of, "DON'T TOUCH THE TAPE! Just listen and follow along." I sat/stood in the front because my intuition told me what I was about to see would be what I've been searching for for a long time. I was right. The tape worked like this: Every practice introduced was introduced in steps. Each subsequent step flew logically off the preceding step; every step built on the previous step. This was no b.s., just everything you need to know and nothing else as concisely as humanly possible. Each exercise was repeated for a couple of minutes, and all the details of all the instructions were repeated over and over and over and over so that no matter how your focused betrayed you, the tape always brought you right back to where you needed your mind to be. The exercises we so effing cool--really: as someone with decent control of chi, it was just so exciting and fun to: 1) FINALLY BE SHOWN HOW TO CIRCULATE THIS STUFF! 2) FEEL IT! There were standing exercises that were derived from tai chi, but different than tai chi as form was not important, only your focus. There were sitting meditations where we were breathing in and out through parts of the body I would have never thought applied to internal skill cultivation. Gary kept walking in the room, looking at me with a confident smile, asking, "Cool, huh?" All I said was, "Yes," with a smile. But in my head, what I meant was: HELL EFFIN' YES!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!! THANK YOU FOR SHOWING ME THE REAL $H1T!!!!! Yes, 3.5 hours straight of this material was quite exhausting. By the end, I couldn't muster the strength to even begin to focus no my dan tien. But that's exactly what I was looking for. I had been brainwashed into believing that this stuff needs to be learned slooooowly, sleepily, .... blah blah blah, and so yes: I consider myself very lucky to have taken the PPT workshop. After lunch, Gary jinged me into a fence. (My first jinging. I'm a jing virgin no longer! Better than my first time getting laid. YOU HEAR THAT ELIZABETH? No, you don't; you're too busy listening to Dave Matthews Band and eating week-old cake from Jewel.) Anyways, the afternoon continued with more introductions of meditation, along with the integration of personal desires (such as being a tai chi master) into a particular meditation as means of training the mind to focus on what each individual wanted out of his/her life. The day ended with "emotional liposuction" where Gary had us lay down, one by one, wash cloth in our mouths, and he touched various areas of our body with his jing in order to seek out the accumulation of various forms of emotional distress, e.g., anger, rage, bitterness, etc. I went first. Holy eff. He pressed firmly, sometimes slapped lightly/moderately (about the intensity you use for waking up a sleeping limb with pins and needles), and this treatment hurt like a mother. I was screaming. (And this German kid, Thomas, who was holding down my left arm, wouldn't stop talking about God knows what... "SHUT UP, THOMAS!!!!" came out in a SCREAM through the wash cloth.) Afterward, I felt lighter in the chest, dazed, and simply happy I survived. And as I'm typing this, my chest still hurts. Not injured, but very very very sore. So that was fun. On Sunday, today, we learned a new microcosmic orbit meditation, different from what was shown on Saturday. Gary led us through various exercises, and then we had dim sum.

I want to make something very clear: There was not a single moment there that I felt bored, nor that I felt I was wasting my time. These feelings have happened repeatedly everywhere else I went, but at Gary's place: Every minute was everything I wanted. Before attending the workshop, I thought the price was pretty steep; I thought I might be making a big mistake. After the workshop, I am beyond comfortable knowing this is the best money I have ever spent. I was given a copy of the daily practice routine of DVD, a DVD copy of the 3.5 hour Saturday session, and the "Chi Kung Bible," which is 350+ pages of everything I need to know--including specific answers about how sex and masturbation fit into this practice. So that's my review, I hope I did justice to how strongly I feel about what I experienced. I'll be back tomorrow evening to answer questions, but I suggest you contact Gary himself if you are interested: he's extremely quick to respond. See ya, bums.

• Like 3

Is it possible to do too much condensing breathing?

No. Condensing breathing can be done as much as you want. Though I'm still not clear on whether I can do it soon after having sex and/or masturbating (which is why I've sworn off both for the time being). The chi kung bible talks about it, and I'll eventually get to that material, but I'd rather not worry about it at all, safer to just stay away, as women are a huge distraction for me when I allow them into my life.

• Like 3

Another one, some confusion I have from Master Clyman's youtube videos.

When he's teaching condensing breathing, he's saying that we breathe into the stickman but then he'll say keep your attention on the dantien. Where should my attention really be at?

I can't seem be aware of both the stickman and dantien.

Another one, some confusion I have from Master Clyman's youtube videos.

When he's teaching condensing breathing, he's saying that we breathe into the stickman but then he'll say keep your attention on the dantien. Where should my attention really be at?

I can't seem be aware of both the stickman and dantien.

Practice it for a while. When one or both become more of a physical sensation not relying on "visualization" it will be no problem to keep both in mind. In fact it will be hard to lose the focus.

Oh and little pie thanks for the review.

Edited by tumoessence
  • Like 2

This reads like a commercial lol, LittlePie are you Gary ? :D

No, I'm not Gary, but I think we are somewhat similar in our desire--at least I hope so. You can check my earlier posts about Mo Pai and some other shit; you'll see from what I asked a couple months ago that I'm clearly who I claim to be: Just someone who is really really into this stuff.

• Like 2

question....

You said "After lunch, Gary jinged me into a fence."

Could you elaborate on that pls. What exactly did he do? What did you do? How big are you compared to him? What's your martial art background? etc....

Thank you.

This reads like a commercial lol, LittlePie are you Gary ? :D

I had exactly the same thought. Cause if you look at Gary's webiste - it's exactly the same style of selling that system. Very hype with prepared prelearned answers to all possible questions and flooding you with a never ending chat. I recognize that type of energy The Gypsies in Europe act like that when they are trying to get your money - all they need to do is get your attention, after that you get sucked into their trip and you will give them everything you have and even thank them at the end. They do have a certain skill but it's not what you think ....

I had exactly the same thought. Cause if you look at Gary's webiste - it's exactly the same style of selling that system. Very hype with prepared prelearned answers to all possible questions and flooding you with a never ending chat. I recognize that type of energy The Gypsies in Europe act like that when they are trying to get your money - all they need to do is get your attention, after that you get sucked into their trip and you will give them everything you have and even thank them at the end. They do have a certain skill but it's not what you think ....

Gary's site is very 'hype-y'. I'm sure the man has talents, but .. to charge big money (which I have no problem with) and show the students videos!? That I have a problem with. He does a lot of advertisement and seems to stress himself, his abilities, sudden cures. IMO thats not what the path is about.

Course I've never taken a class or seminar. They are undoubtedly moving for many but I prefer teachers who have long term paths laid out and are a little more mellow.

2 1/2 cents.

Michael

• Like 2

Gary's site is very 'hype-y'. I'm sure the man has talents, but .. to charge big money (which I have no problem with) and show the students videos!? That I have a problem with. He does a lot of advertisement and seems to stress himself, his abilities, sudden cures. IMO thats not what the path is about.

Course I've never taken a class or seminar. They are undoubtedly moving for many but I prefer teachers who have long term paths laid out and are a little more mellow.

2 1/2 cents.

Michael

The videos are of him performing all the meditation exercises. IT'S EXACTLY THE SAME AS HIM CONDUCTING THE GUIDED EXERCISES HIMSELF, EXCEPT IT SAVES HIM A LOT OF TIME AND STRESS. When he shows a video, people can't constantly raise their hands and ask unneccessary questions. Gary is ABSOLUTELY GREAT at answering all questions, but he is insistent on not asking questions during the 3.5 hour video because: 1) it's a ton of material 2) he presents the information in a stacking method, so that we start simply and build gradually 3) he repeats all of the important instructions over and over and over. He walked in constantly during the video, and I was able to ask small questions. At lunch, I was able to ask whatever I wanted. Same as after lunch. And on Sunday, he went through the exercises himself, in person, and I asked everything I wanted to ask. Once again, I am not Gary. Like I said before, check my earlier posts if you don't believe me. Gary's style of speech and his website are indicative of his intensity. DO YOU WANT A TEACHER WHO IS INTENSELY PASSIONATE ABOUT THIS STUFF? Or do you want a "mellow" person who really doesn't care whether you get good or not? Gary is as talented as he is because of that intensity; it is a sign of strength: an implacable will. And yes, I AM ABSOLUTELY TRYING TO SELL YOU PEOPLE ON GARY. Why? Because I've been dicked around by posers and phonies before, and I don't want people to have to waste their time like I did. I want to see a spiritual revolution; I want to see a renaissance; I want everyone in this stupid country to drop their cell phones and starbucks and addictions to reality tv and embrace chi kung, nei kung, and tai chi. I want people to discover their internal strength and stop being manipulated by the media, the government, all those liars who don't give a crap about any of us. I want you people to find a great master. It doesn't have to be Gary, but he is the only man I've found so far that actually cares, that actually has something to teach--a lot to teach. Long term path? You think Gary's path isn't long term? Why don't you ask his students of 20+ years about the length of the term. Why don't you email Gary and ask for the Nei Kung Bible Chapter 1? (It's free.) You'll see how long term that is: So many forms and practices it's dizzying. You people have this preconceived notion of the quiet Buddhist monk sitting and speaking like Yoda, and you think that any variation from that is incorrect, cannot possibly be the real deal, must be some sort of scam. Stop being so narrow-minded. Once again, Gary is a great guy, and anyone who says otherwise is a liar.

• Like 4

It'd be easier to read your comments if you broke them up into paragraphs with space between them.

I think most of the people here understand the best teachers aren't stereotypes, and those that are might well be frauds. Some of the top teachers here like Ya Mu and Santiago certainly don't 'look' the part, but they're jewels.

I understand it saves him time and stress to put on a video and sit or leave the room, but it strikes me as poor teaching. There is a quality to live teaching thats goes beyond whats said. There's a constant feedback. The greatest teachers are sensitive and read there audience and go into depth or back track by the signals they get back. Plainly students do better with a live teacher, I'm glad he taught live for most of it and only 3 1/2 hours was video.

Maybe we're being too hard on Clyman, he's not my choice of teacher but maybe perfect for someone else. Here on the bums we get starry eyed stories of new wonder teachers about every other month. Portrayed in almost messianic terms. Each new student exclaims if only everyone studied w/ this man the world would be wonderland. I get the feeling some teachers encourage it more then others. I find the Greats point less at themselves and more at their system, their teachers (lineage) and commitment to practice.

I'm more interested in long time practitioners viewpoints and experiences then new students. Thats how you really learn about the worth of a system. I'd love to hear from them and get there insights.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 2

It'd be easier to read your comments if you broke them up into paragraphs with space between them.

I think most of the people here understand the best teachers aren't stereotypes, and those that are might well be frauds. Some of the top teachers here like Ya Mu and Santiago certainly don't 'look' the part, but they're jewels.

I understand it saves him time and stress to put on a video and sit or leave the room, but it strikes me as poor teaching. There is a quality to live teaching thats goes beyond whats said. There's a constant feedback. The greatest teachers are sensitive and read there audience and go into depth or back track by the signals they get back. Plainly students do better with a live teacher, I'm glad he taught live for most of it and only 3 1/2 hours was video.

Maybe we're being too hard on Clyman, he's not my choice of teacher but maybe perfect for someone else. Here on the bums we get starry eyed stories of new wonder teachers about every other month. Portrayed in almost messianic terms. Each new student exclaims if only everyone studied w/ this man the world would be wonderland. I get the feeling some teachers encourage it more then others. I find the Greats point less at themselves and more at their system, their teachers (lineage) and commitment to practice.

I'm more interested in long time practitioners viewpoints and experiences then new students. Thats how you really learn about the worth of a system. I'd love to hear from them and get there insights.

I majored in philosophy at Northwestern University, and I have a genius I.Q. You think you understand what quality teaching is more than I do? You simply don't want to listen. Fine. You're not my responsibility. Perfectly ironic name, btw.

• Like 1

I majored in philosophy at Northwestern University, and I have a genius I.Q. You think you understand what quality teaching is more than I do? You simply don't want to listen. Fine. You're not my responsibility. Perfectly ironic name, btw.

WOW

"genius I.Q" LMFAO

I think u r so totally on the wrong forum Mr PHD "my Sh#T don't stink" LittlePie!

You are way beyond anybody's level of comprehension around here.'

You should join David Verdessi's site 'cause that dude has a GENIUS I.Q X 10... and can sell u more crap...

Let me guess I bet u already signed up for Gary's amazing Gas Savings Card Scam that he advertises on his Chi Kung website didn't you :D ??????????????

GTFO!!!

I love Thetaobums!!!!!!!!!!!! it's just like the famous box of chocolates ... Where else would you encounter specimen like these............ FUN FUN FUN

• Like 2

WOW

"genius I.Q" LMFAO

I think u r so totally on the wrong forum Mr PHD "my Sh#T don't stink" LittlePie!

You are way beyond anybody's level of comprehension around here.'

You should join David Verdessi's site 'cause that dude has a GENIUS I.Q X 10... and can sell u more crap...

Let me guess I bet u already signed up for Gary's amazing Gas Savings Card Scam that he advertises on his Chi Kung website didn't you :D ??????????????

GTFO!!!

I love Thetaobums!!!!!!!!!!!! it's just like the famous box of chocolates ... Where else would you encounter specimen like these............ FUN FUN FUN

Yup, just attack me, like a child. In 5-10 years, I'll be a master, and you: You will still be exactly where you are. And you know what, that actually makes me sad.

• Like 3

Yup, just attack me, like a child. In 5-10 years, I'll be a master, and you: You will still be exactly where you are. And you know what, that actually makes me sad.

LittlePie!!!!!!!!!!!

You are full of surprises man!

Look how short and nice your post was! I knew you can do it.

Congrats. See! That was easy!

Oh and don't be sad for me please. I can't be a master even if I wanted to, I have very low IQ (and I am a junior high dropout :( )

Oh and don't be sad for me please. I can't be a master even if I wanted to, I have very low IQ (and I am a junior high dropout :( )

Lol, no problem! You just have to be a dedicated worker and you got to have the ability to follow directions that Gary gives you in his DVD's! ;)

What do you think Gary means by power at the speed of light and why do you think that is crucial to cultivating your internal power?

Your jing is an electric vibration that is created inside the body that projected outside the confines of the human body. Internally circulating your vibration at that speed heats it up and cultivates it even more. It activates your left and right channels while the mco activates your central channel.

I just read on here sometimes and i just think I wonder what they think jing actually is?

Gary mentions it on his website

"To create this JOLT, it comes back to VACUUM ENERGY, that is, you need to create your INTERNAL VACUUM. It all starts with Condensing Breathing. Without the suction, there can be no explosion."

On this mp3 from Gary's website he talks about creating electricity inside your body and being struck by lightning.

And Master Waysun Liao is much much much higher than that.

If you looked past the Temple style school please look again.

Edited by templetao
  • Like 2

...and this treatment hurt like a mother. I was screaming. (And this German kid, Thomas, who was holding down my left arm, wouldn't stop talking about God knows what... "SHUT UP, THOMAS!!!!" came out in a SCREAM through the wash cloth.)

Very interesting, perception-wise. Because actually it was Gary saying that. You seemed too busy screaming "Jesus Christ!" to bother what was going on around you. He was probably 'leading' you. Gary might be able to help many people, but some people he cannot help, and towards them, he has a "Fuck them! They're idiots!" attitude. And he is good at using the group to isolate those people. (He's also recycling the same word-pieces for different people -> habitual defensive reaction.) As much as he advertises an image of utter self-confidence, when he is confronted with something that pinches a needle through this self-image, he becomes strikingly insecure and defensive. This is not only from the experience from the workshop, but also from later correspondence. Thus, I have to assume that he puts the whole self-confidence thing so much on the forefront because he tries to hide his weakness.

Through my own experience and comparing it to some other data (e.g. my treatment with others from videos on his website, and his comments about those people), it seems to me that Gary is kinda stuck where he is now. Life throws opportunities at him to grow out of that state, and the more often he shies away, the more painful it can become. That is why while you can often see a very gentle and warm character in his eyes, sometimes he goes into judgmental-asshole-mode, almost schizo-like. I think it happens when he is confronted with something he can't handle. Like the two dogs with their emotional issues, and he just shouting at them and rejecting any mentioning of sending them to a pet psychiatrist. As if those troubled, aggressive dogs confined in the same space is the most natural thing in the world and has to be accepted. There is a classical term for this kind of personality: unbalanced. (At that weekend it felt like I was talking to two different Garys. The extremes to both ends in which he behaved towards me and others was odd.)

A very good teacher of mine said that healing should be about the patient, not about the healer (and thus selfless). If Gary realizes he can help MOST people and the few he can't, he badmouths, that speaks for itself. (But he usually only badmouths them in their absence, which again shows insecurity.)

During my treatment, there was so much noteworthy, curious stuff going on, and Gary apparently totally missed it, because he was just on autopilot, doing his thing. ... 'Doing your thing' is low level healing, and after some time can become tricky, spiritual-growth-wise.

My teacher made clear that a good healer does his job when the patient is ready to receive, otherwise it's not about the patient. And this explains why Gary is kinda rude towards the people he cannot help: Because it's about him. It's them making him look bad, as if his EmoLipo is not perfect.

This is, interestingly, very much the same stuff that happened to a psychotherapist I visited. First attempt (a certain technique) was successful, second attempt I mentioned reservations based on respect for my teacher, and he focused on that all the time and inflated it into a blame-game so that he didn't have to feel like he failed. It's so classical and common due to the way our society is shaped: fear of failure. But seeing a psychotherapist coming up with issues like that and then me trying to encourage him with positive thinking is almost comical.

And while I have a tendency to dig up crap like that in people, some don't have those issues and thus are much more capable of helping me with my issues.

I wish Gary the best. That he might grow, or at least conquer the things that still trouble him. (I think he's already aware of them on some level, otherwise he wouldn't react the way he does.) Because from looking at the whole picture, I see the pain at the root of the whole thing.

I might dare a slight comparison here: The issue might be somewhat comparable to the one of Max Christensen, in so far as the things you manifest in your life are telling you about yourself, and the troubles you manifest are telling you what you need to work on. Some teachers manifest drama, others simply don't.

Here's a mindteaser (credit goes to my very good teacher): Gary says and shows again and again in his treatments that there are four certain 'pain-points' that almost everybody has, while others are very rare. But how do you know that they really are and that Gary isn't simply attracting people who have those points? That he's not manifesting this based on his own inner state?

Edited by Hardyg
  • Like 1