relaxer

My Grandma just passed on

Brothers and sisters,

I hope you are healthy and well.

About an hour ago, I found out that my Grandma passed away. I don't ask for pity or even for you to have me in your thoughts. The death of a loved one is something we all must face.

I want to honor her life and her spirit. I will burn sage and sacred wood and sit in silence watching my breath in devotion to her life, filled with my love for her and the life she gave me. This is all I know to do. It feels right.

Are there any practices or rituals that I may practice to ease her passage, to honor her spirit and energy in these hours and days following her death? I am curious and eager to learn. Thank you.

ben

ben,

others may have specific traditional practices and ritual ideas for you; my take is that what you have done is of genuine heart and your continuing to stay open to what feels right will reflect the natural ritual and practice that flows from tao. well met and warm regards.

rene

Brothers and sisters,

I hope you are healthy and well.

About an hour ago, I found out that my Grandma passed away. I don't ask for pity or even for you to have me in your thoughts. The death of a loved one is something we all must face.

I want to honor her life and her spirit. I will burn sage and sacred wood and sit in silence watching my breath in devotion to her life, filled with my love for her and the life she gave me. This is all I know to do. It feels right.

Are there any practices or rituals that I may practice to ease her passage, to honor her spirit and energy in these hours and days following her death? I am curious and eager to learn. Thank you.

ben

Hello Ben,

I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother's passing. As far as helping her in her journey, well in all honesty there's nothing you can do for her now, so worry about yourself (which maybe is what your grandmother would've wanted you to do in the first place.) Don't be afraid to grieve, nor express your grief.

Again, I'm really sorry to hear about your grandmother. I will still think about you, but my thoughts wont help you at all, so no need to thank me, just do what you need to and let things happen as they will.

Aaron

ben

Blessings Ben,

There are many practices one can do, or mantras one can repeat dependent upon your tradition. I don't know what your tradition is, but you might want to google search. The best is of course to experience love vibes and send them her way with blessings of deep compassion. :wub:

Blessings as well to you both.

I also say send her a steady stream of love. Its a stabilizing force through the transition.

I have always been a fan of shrines as well. To light a candle for her, put meaningful things on it, and tend it with love, it becomes a beacon of loving Intent towards her, that continues to work while you sometimes have to do other things...

• Like 1

Heartfelt condolences, Ben. Sorry to hear of your loss.

Your granny is very fortunate to have a grandson who cherish her, even after passing on. Its a sign that she had accumulated some positive merits in her life. Such merits are what she will be carrying with her into the next phase. Not in the physical sense, naturally, but in the sense of spirit/subtle consciousness.

Even though physically her 'self' is gone, her merits gained while alive still has enough energy to compel and move you to feel for her and hold her with love.

And i thank you, and your granny too, for by sharing this news tainted with bittersweet energy, you have compelled me not to ignore that our actions and thoughts have far-reaching consequences. So in this sense, more merit will go to both you and your granny.

You have dignified the life of your grandmother - very noble indeed.

My prayers are with you and your family.

Hi Ben,

I think you are doing fine - paying respect - what more could be asked of you?

May your grandmother be remembered for the good things she did while here.