Sign in to follow this  
Informer

Qi and telekinesis

I have never actually seen energy through a video as the pixels are generally too small/distorted.

Do you have one where you can see it?

Edited by Informer

FAKE!

Yeah, I saw someone reference this video and say it was fake before. Some trick with the tables. And I believed them since it was on the internet and I had never met them before.

So, yeah, sorry bro. Find some other inspiration.

FAKE!

Yeah, I saw someone reference this video and say it was fake before. Some trick with the tables. And I believed them since it was on the internet and I had never met them before.

So, yeah, sorry bro. Find some other inspiration.

Generally sarcasm translates poorly over the internet, although you have succeeded :)

I think if you pause at about 57 and play it in slow-mo, keep clicking play/pause, you can see a hint of it, but vid quality is so bad hard to say for sure.

Behold, the power of Qi!

Yay!!! I looove magic shows!!!

:D

When, when, when is someone going to show this stuff under proper scientific conditions???

>.<

:)

It's much easier without the glass around it, try it sometime!

Edited by Informer

:)

It's much easier without the glass around it, try it sometime!

This site has plenty to say about such demonstrations-

Never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever EVER use your hands! Too easy to get false positive result. Heat from your hand can cause movement! THAT'S why it's easier without the glass around it!

The design of those psi wheels make them as easy to move with the least possible force, that way your measly beginner level chi blast will be easy to detect. The problem is it gives you a false positive!

No wonder it gets harder under a glass!

No wonder you don't see people moving anything bigger than a psi wheel!

Yay!!! I looove magic shows!!!

:D

When, when, when is someone going to show this stuff under proper scientific conditions???

>.<

An age old question!

I've asked that question a few times around here, and caught a lot of flak for it! It's much easier to say you can do something, post some videos that are pleasing to the eye for an uncritical, quick to believe young mind, to sucker in some believers!

Watch this video, and more importantly, read the description-

Basically his idea was to create the most convincing video evidence. Of course, a reasonably skeptical mind would ask questions such as "why do it on a table, there could be anything under a table".

The believers would believe unquestioningly. The skeptics, rather than presenting points of reasonable doubt, would staunchly DECLARE what they KNEW to be the "trick". Both of them were equally closed minded and incorrect in their assertions!

Videos are good. With the proper input and the right amount of dedication, they can go a long way into ruling out common stage tactics- for instance, a longer video could show the set up, take place in a more neutral area, involve material that was produced spontaneously by other witnesses. Of course, street magicians make their living on fakery involving those some premises!

So really, the only way is to get it done under controlled conditions, with the right observers, proper procedures, and the ability to replicate (which means those undergoing the tests have to be willing to actually perform multiple times in front of people who think they are phonies, and they must have the skill and experience to reliably perform under such strains- time and time again, a would be Randi Challenge winner got nervous on the test day, failed, and blamed it on the nerves).

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

If you try to trick people or claim to be able to do things you can't do, you risk being exposed

Edited by Immortal4life
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this