Seth Ananda

'No self' my experience so far...

That's reassuring. :lol:

Thank you! I guess all I need is more seeing for it to sink in.

More seeing? truth isn't something you need to convince yourself of. What is it called when people try to convince themself of something, without actually knowing its validity?

No-self is another attachement. As you can blatantly see that by visiting RT.

Look how attached they become to a concept or idea . . .

So attached that it becomes thier life, the end all. The only thing that matters to them . .

Look at all the other attachements that stem from that belief. It's really not hard to see.

Emptiness is without attachement, not substituting one for another.

Edited by Informer

No-self is another attachement. As you can blatantly see that by visiting RT.

Look how attached they become to a concept or idea . . .

So attached that it becomes thier life, the end all. The only thing that matters to them . .

Look at all the other attachements that stem from that belief. It's really not hard to see.

Emptiness is without attachement, not substituting one for another.

See it for yourself, then only decide on whether you still want to shit on it.

See it for yourself, then only decide on whether you still want to shit on it.

I have, as have other's. The conclusion is that it is fallacy ;)

Seeing it as a fallacy after you have accepted the belief is much trickier than accepting the belief in the 1st place. Although it is possible. As I am proof of that.

Tell me, what is your realization like?

My realization is that self as ego is false, yet that doesn't prove self is false. Only what was once thought of as self. Therefore that is not-self.

Pretty simple really.

Seeing it as a fallacy after you have accepted the belief is much trickier than accepting the belief in the 1st place. Although it is possible. As I am proof of that.

Did you have a post somewhere describing what it was like when you first will yourself into believing the no self fallacy?

I might just drop the entire thing if it matches mine.

My realization is that self as ego is false, yet that doesn't prove self is false. Only what was once thought of as self. Therefore that is not-self.

Pretty simple really.

Can you expand on your realization a little bit more? What brings you to the conclusion that the self as ego is false?

Did you have a post somewhere describing what it was like when you first will yourself into believing the no self fallacy?

I might just drop the entire thing if it matches mine.

It got deleted.

They aren't interested in how or why they are wrong. Those posts would be poison to them and thier cult.

Can you expand on your realization a little bit more? What brings you to the conclusion that the self as ego is false?

Because self isn't a single aspect as the ego would have it. Self as ego is fire made manifested personality, self as I see True-self is all aspects and eventually non as well.

But not only either or, unless you choose it to be. If you do . . .

Then an absolute perspective reigns in fallacy, true, yet not completely or only true.

Just consider something. Why is it that the majority of the people on the enlightened list don't even visit the forums anymore.

Edited by Informer

Because self isn't a single aspect as the ego would have it. Self as ego is fire made manifested personality, self as I see True-self is all aspects and eventually non as well.

But not only either or, unless you choose it to be. If you do . . .

Then an absolute perspective reigns in fallacy, true, yet not completely or only true.

I can't make sense of this at all.

What is meant by self isn't a single aspect as the ego would have it?

Yeah, it is supposed to give you a headache. Go over it slowly if you have to.

Yeah, it is supposed to give you a headache. Go over it slowly if you have to.

I guess I'll just leave other people to make sense of it later.

Just consider something. Why is it that the majority of the people on the enlightened list don't even visit the forums anymore.

Yea, why wouldn't Seth Ananda visit the forums anymore?

Ego likes to own things, it is where the idea of owning comes from.

False self.

For instance, say this is mine. Then try to feel where it is comming from / pointing to.

It blocks the heart chakra from true love which is without ownership and attachements.

Like everyone has an Idea of what love is and what it means generally.

When people say if you love me (you will do this or that). . . . That isn't love, only an idea or attachement to what it really is.

It could only help for you to understand the chakra system. For me self is all of them combined at this point.

As this perspective is individual in nature. :)

Ego likes to own things, it is where the idea of owning comes from.

False self.

For instance, say this is mine. Then try to feel where it is comming from / pointing to.

It blocks the heart chakra from true love which is without ownership and attachements.

Like everyone has an Idea of what love is and what it means generally.

When people say if you love me (you will do this or that). . . . That isn't love, only an idea or attachement to what it really is.

I don't follow. Why false self?

It could only help for you to understand the chakra system. For me self is all of them combined at this point.

As this perspective is individual in nature. :)

Does this mean your false no self realization requires the knowledge of the chakra system that without it the realization can't take place?

I don't follow. Why false self?

Well, at puberty your solar plexus begins to develope and begins to think what it is. What am I, who am I, What do I want to be. Do people like me? Am I popular? so on and so forth.

So you fall into whatever predetermined category that exist that is most befitting. Now we have clear lines of division where there once existed none.

Are you ugly? Are you pretty? Are you better than some, worse than some? These charactaristics are not what you are. They are simply idea's and concepts.

Basically what you are is the same as everyone else, yet in a unique way, with a unique perspective.

All those labels prop up the false self, to carry on in an individualistic fashion, rather it the outcast or the popular guy, they have a place divided from the rest. If this realization doesn't occur to one, they will be passed on, as has been continuing for millenia.

If someone calls you stupid, how do you react / feel? Where do you feel it?

Does this mean your false no self realization requires the knowledge of the chakra system that without it the realization can't take place?

Nope, there are different explanations for it, as it is subjective. The chakra system just seems more adaptable to english. I don't know why, but probably due to language barriers.

Well, at puberty your solar plexus begins to develope and begins to think what it is. What am I, who am I, What do I want to be. Do people like me? Am I popular? so on and so forth.

So you fall into whatever predetermined category that exist that is most befitting. Now we have clear lines of division where there once existed none.

Are you ugly? Are you pretty? Are you better than some, worse than some? These charactaristics are not what you are. They are simply idea's and concepts.

Basically what you are is the same as everyone else, yet in a unique way, with a unique perspective.

All those labels prop up the false self, to carry on in an individualistic fashion, rather it the outcast or the popular guy, they have a place divided from the rest. If this realization doesn't occur to one, they will be passed on, as has been continuing for millenia.

If someone calls you stupid, how do you react / feel? Where do you feel it?

You hurt my feelings. I think I'll stop now. :(