Sign in to follow this  
sean

Taoist temple murders

Via BBC News

A farmer has been arrested in China's Shaanxi province accused of the gruesome killing of 10 people at a Taoist temple, state media said.

Qiu Xinghua, 47, was held on Saturday when he returned to his home in Fobing.

His alleged victims were aged between 12 and 62 and included the abbot of the Tiewadian temple in Ankang, whose organs were found "sliced and fried". Read the rest of the story

....whose organs were found "sliced and fried". Read the rest of the story

WHAT THE FUCK !!!!!!!! :blink::blink::blink::blink:

Is this some kind of weird folk-belief about what to do with dead abbots ? Kind of like staking vamps,or absorbing your victims power etc.?Are all high profile daoists potential farmer-chow??Thank fuck that everyone whose ever met me face to face thinks of me as a completely inconsequential non-entity!The survival value of being a Useless Tree is clear(except this guy seemed to be looking for snacks,not lumber)!!

state media said

Well I think this is the part that should at least raise an eyebrow of skepticism. Not sure what the motive for making up a story like this would be, but you never know with that wacky Chinese "state media". :rolleyes:

When I was doing some web research on Falun Gong a few years back, trying to get an idea of what the whole thing was about, I probably chewed through about 50 or 60 websites. I found that there were basically three distinct categories of thought about Falun Gong. Something like:

1) Falun gong is wonderful. It is not a cult. It's peaceful and a spiritual practice, etc.

2) Falun gong is just another form of qigong. Not special. In a lot of ways it's just average.

3) Falun gong is a DEADLY cult whose followers are known to BUTCHER their entire family and neighbors, remove their skin and make a grotesque clown costume out of it. They then wear this skin costume into town where they begin using automatic weapons to spray bullets into school playgrounds.

The leap from #2 to #3 was always so completely outrageous like this, and the #3 sources were always from something like "state media". Hmmmm...

Sean

I asked Peter Falk about falun gong once, and he told me they were trying to overthrow the government. Not sure where he got his info from, but he seems pretty skeptical and media savvy.

well, it seems falun gong members just want to practice falun gong.

And, the chinese government still seems pretty corrupt.

So are they really bad guys for wanting to overthrow their government?

I wonder what fried eyeballs taste like :huh:

I really wish I knew what the motive was!!

well, it seems falun gong members just want to practice falun gong.

And, the chinese government still seems pretty corrupt.

So are they really bad guys for wanting to overthrow their government?

I wonder what fried eyeballs taste like :huh:

I really wish I knew what the motive was!!

The interesting aspect is: why overthrow the government if the teacher says not to be involved with questions of politics!?! (one of the "tasks "of a practitioner... according to his books)

Via BBC News

A farmer has been arrested in China's Shaanxi province accused of the gruesome killing of 10 people at a Taoist temple, state media said.

Qiu Xinghua, 47, was held on Saturday when he returned to his home in Fobing.

His alleged victims were aged between 12 and 62 and included the abbot of the Tiewadian temple in Ankang, whose organs were found "sliced and fried". Read the rest of the story

Does anyone think there may be some supernatural motive here? Maybe some "demon" was after Mr. Abbot? B)

Well I think this is the part that should at least raise an eyebrow of skepticism. Not sure what the motive for making up a story like this would be, but you never know with that wacky Chinese "state media". :rolleyes:

Good point,perhaps Im being a bit naive :)

Anyhow,on the Falun Gong thang,my understanding is that FG spent a bit of time quietly building a low profile but widespread membership,which came to include many members of government.So suddenly,somehow,senior oficials in the Chinese govt discovered FG once they were allready well established & numerous.The govt was quite shocked to discovera large religious group in their midst who had gone undetected for so long.So although at this point FG hadnt actually done anything or made any trouble,the sudden revelation of their existence scared the crap out of the Govt,who responded with their typical brutality.

As far as I can tell,the FG leader claims to be a superpowered Daoist immortal eagerly anticipating a Christian style apocalypse,is also VERY concerned with matters of racial purity.But my understanding was that they favoured passive martyrdom at the hands of the state rather than attempting active revolution.

Or not.

I dont actually know :P Ive never made it to China!

Regards,Cloud.

Good point,perhaps Im being a bit naive :)

Anyhow,on the Falun Gong thang,my understanding is that FG spent a bit of time quietly building a low profile but widespread membership,which came to include many members of government.So suddenly,somehow,senior oficials in the Chinese govt discovered FG once they were allready well established & numerous.The govt was quite shocked to discovera large religious group in their midst who had gone undetected for so long.So although at this point FG hadnt actually done anything or made any trouble,the sudden revelation of their existence scared the crap out of the Govt,who responded with their typical brutality.

As far as I can tell,the FG leader claims to be a superpowered Daoist immortal eagerly anticipating a Christian style apocalypse,is also VERY concerned with matters of racial purity.But my understanding was that they favoured passive martyrdom at the hands of the state rather than attempting active revolution.

Or not.

I dont actually know :P Ive never made it to China!

Regards,Cloud.

Li Hngzhr is a king pimp who ripped off the writings of Nan Huai Chin and utilized a Scientlogy-like bait-and-switch to grow a monster cult. I respect his pimp hand.

However, he foolishly reached too high: Fn Gng had infiltrated many aspects of government and was attempting to leverage their position. That was stupid!

The best way to deal with such a situation is to use fear of torture, because fear of death is not enough for zealots. The Chinese government is actually quite wise in that regard...

Edited by SheepishLord

... he foolishly reached too high: Fn Gng had infiltrated many aspects of government and was attempting to leverage their position..

So,they werent content simply to exist then.What was it they were actually up to?Was there some particular activity that made their presence known? I do think that they psychology of the cult leader is never really content without a certain amount of drama,& often becomes obsessed with apocalyptic themes in order to cope with internal mental anguish.

Any more data on this Sheepish Lord?

Regards,Cloud :)

So,they werent content simply to exist then.What was it they were actually up to?Was there some particular activity that made their presence known?

I posted an excerpt from a paper I wrote with a couple've other people for a class that covers the modern history of qigong in China in a fairly cursory way. I was trying to fit within space limtiations and to cover required topics, so there are some awkward moments, but it ends with a brief description of the rise and fall of Falun Gong.

Todd

How did Falun Gong enter the picture? The motive stated in the article was as an angry coup-de-grace to an argument some few days before...The thread seems to have become a sort of post-office game... where the message gets changed from lips to ears to new ears etc...If the Chinese Govt. hopes to use the tragedy to further its anti-Fulan Gong propaganda why should we participate...I have heard no follow up on the story as yet. But it is troubling that a temple should foster such carnage- maybe the farmer was just bonkers?!

Sign in to follow this