Sign in to follow this  
GrandTrinity

Buying a Tai Chi outfit

Anyone know where to order those big tao pants or shoes or silk shirt and pants? I need to record a video with myself doing some form for college credit, and want to look like a taiji pimp master flash.

Anyone know where to order those big tao pants or shoes or silk shirt and pants? I need to record a video with myself doing some form for college credit, and want to look like a taiji pimp master flash.

LOL!

Sounds like a MySpace thing - "Pimp out your ChiSpace!"

YMAA (Yang Martial Arts Association) has plain but beautiful raw silk uniforms that I always use. They're not flashy, but comfortable as all get-out. Your choice of a rainbow of colors...as long as it's either black or white.

If you want a satin pimp outfit (hat not included), try AWMA - they have some flashy colored uniforms.

Shifu Jianye Jiang has whole silk uniforms for 75. Thats better price than yang's.

Anyone familiar with Master Jiang? Im thinking of checking out his Wu DAng primordial qigong and other Wu Dang QIgongs.

Shifu Jianye Jiang has whole silk uniforms for 75. Thats better price than yang's.

Not when you pay wholesale it isn't. :D

And if, like me, someone likes the raw brushed silk instead of the shiny stuff, there aren't too many other options except for a typical "kung-fu" outfit.

Edited by SifuPhil

How does one get this wholesale hookup?

Well, I was a student of Sifu Yang for a while, so I have a little bit of an "in", but if you can prove you're a school (usually, here in the states, a business license / tax ID #), you get the wholesale prices. I end up paying about $30 for both jacket and pants.

haha

I wouldnt be caught dead in one of those outfits.

Just wear some khaki's, dude. (please! :lol: )

Sign in to follow this