Sign in to follow this  
Machin Shin

White Tara meditation from retreat

Audio teachings from a great retreat

Each teaching is about an hour and the meditations are very strongly rooted in Buddhism. If you need some reference material on what the galaxy is full of check out the plasma dragon thread.

I have faith that these will help anyone that is working on celestial techniques and talking with the visitors from different world systems.

_/\_

Haven't listened to her yet, but reading the brief biography tells me she's quite a special lady:

Lama Christie McNally

Lama Christie McNally trained in Tibetan monasteries in India and Nepal, and received extensive instruction in all the texts required for a Geshe degree, which is traditionally a 20-year course of study. From there, she immersed herself in the secret teachings of Buddhism. She is one of the first Western women to be recognized as a Lama. Through her efforts, she has begun to change the face of Buddhism that has historically been predominantly male.

She is a translator of ancient Tibetan and Sanskrit, and a professor of religious studies. She has also co-authored The Essential Yoga Sutra, How Yoga Works, and The Eastern Path to Heaven.

Lama Christie is the co-founder of Diamond Mountain University, a revolutionary effort to provide without charge a classical monastic education to westerners of all walks of life, to be used within the modern world. For the Diamond Mountain curriculum she is the author of the Bok Jinpa Series (15 Courses in Advanced Meditation) and Co-author of the Advanced Buddhist Series (18 Courses on the Diamond Way).

From 2000 to 2003, Lama Christie completed a traditional Great Retreat of 3 years, 3 months, and 3 days of silence and meditation, in the wilderness of the southern Arizona desert, and is currently doing a second Great Retreat.

This is why religion is trouble. If you love freedom, stay away from religion. Use the wisdom that's sprinkled throughout the otherwise ignorant religious teachings, if you can find any, and lead your own life away from religion. Then no one is going to care if your behavior is proper or not. But if you want to ride the coat-tails of religion and have your freedom at the same time, you're asking for trouble. Religion is a prison.

Whatever, it's easy to judge someone else's process from outside of it. Michael is definitely not a Siddha Master or anything. Also, he's right about the sexual tantric practices, but he should have disrobed as it's making too much controversy which is not good for the looks. But, I don't think he's an evil person, he most likely means well, but he's also a human that wants to enjoy having a physical body while doing inner spiritual work.

I don't think he deserves to be a Guru though, in my opinion, he has no real lineage. That's just my opinion and it seems to be the Dalai Lama's and Robert Thurmans opinion as well.

"The following year, he met Christie McNally, a young blonde two years out of NYU and 20 years his junior. Geshe Michael recalls their first meeting with a mythic reverence. "A beautiful rainbow came out," he says."

I've seen her do this while we were talking about Lama's taking young consorts, and sexual misconduct. It's encouraging to see a person surrounded by three feet of prismatic light.

The Vajrayogini practice that I did was to help the women of Ciudad Juarez. Most recently working on the karmic correlations due to abortion.

Not much fun.....

In the song she sings about a druid for a line or two because of Hopi prophecy.

If i am not mistaken this guy did commentary on the diamond cutter. witch is a book i like. I dont see anything wrong with what he is doing he is trying to spread the dharma in a way that coinsides with modern times.

Edited by mewtwo

Whatever, it's easy to judge someone else's process from outside of it. Michael is definitely not a Siddha Master or anything. Also, he's right about the sexual tantric practices, but he should have disrobed as it's making too much controversy which is not good for the looks. But, I don't think he's an evil person, he most likely means well, but he's also a human that wants to enjoy having a physical body while doing inner spiritual work.

I don't think he deserves to be a Guru though, in my opinion, he has no real lineage. That's just my opinion and it seems to be the Dalai Lama's and Robert Thurmans opinion as well.

The guy in question is not an evil person. His mistake was trying to cash in on religious appeal. Disrobing was a good option, but a better option is to avoid the whole mess to begin with. If you associate with any religion you just invite trouble upon yourself because people will judge you based on your associated religion and they'll judge your associated religion based on you, both. That's one big messy hairball. :)

Edited by goldisheavy

In the song she sings about a druid for a line or two because of Hopi prophecy.

Druid tradition is dead and it was based in Europe. Hopis are Native Americans. How are the two related?

If i am not mistaken this guy did commentary on the diamond cutter. witch is a book i like. I dont see anything wrong with what he is doing he is trying to spread the dharma in a way that coinsides with modern times.

Maybe, I've met some people who were positively influenced by him. I just don't think he deserves the title per say, but that just might be due to my lack of direct contact with the person. Maybe he glows with unabashed wisdom? I don't know, but his x-good friend Robert Thurman, whom I have met, certainly does glow unabashedly so I'm more inclined to go with his opinion as he knows GMR better than I ever will.

Maybe, I've met some people who were positively influenced by him. I just don't think he deserves the title per say, but that just might be due to my lack of direct contact with the person. Maybe he glows with unabashed wisdom? I don't know, but his x-good friend Robert Thurman, whom I have met, certainly does glow unabashedly so I'm more inclined to go with his opinion as he knows GMR better than I ever will.

Any two glowy people will always agree about everything, am I right? Or am I right?

Any two glowy people will always agree about everything, am I right? Or am I right?

:lol: You are wrong!

None the less, I just go with Robert Thurman because he impressed me and GMR does not. This would be more of a subjective opinion than objective though.

:lol: You are wrong!

None the less, I just go with Robert Thurman because he impressed me and GMR does not. This would be more of a subjective opinion than objective though.

That's fine. I was just joshing ya. :D

Sign in to follow this