Sign in to follow this  
Franklin

What Type of Physical Training Do You Do?

36 members have voted

1. 1. What Type of Physical Training Do You Do?

2. 2. How Often?

• Everyday
    • 4-5 X a week
    • 2-3 X a week
    • 1 X a week

Just wanted to find out what type of physical training everyone does.

Cause we all know that physical training can help to clear out blockages, improve health, and keep the qi running smoothly.

Franklin

I go walking at least half an hour a day.

Sometimes running. It makes me feel great...but not so much for my legs. Shin splints. Should be stretching the legs and hips more!

Thinking about adding in a FlowFit session to get lean.

Haven't found any qigong forms that I really like (don't even like zhan zhuang)...my "qigong" is internal, intent based, and far superior to any form. Lately have been doing a quick self massage afterwards, which kinda counts as a physical activity.

Good topic. I'll be interesting to see how people combine stuff.

Random list of what i do:

-t-handle swings twice a week.

- sprinting/ original tabata protocol every 10 days.

- 3- 5 hours of hard physical work or trekking per week

- Target Focus Training Leg Dynamics

- IntoFlow

- Trauma Release Protocol

- WuJi-gong (when ever i feel like it)

- I dabble in circle walking and other bagua related stuff...

- Kunlun Dragon.

- And most importantly my main nei kung practice aka "The good stuff" :D

Xing Yi Nei Gong - daily

Zhan Zhuang - 10-20 minutes daily

Horse Stance training - daily

Walking - 1/2 hour fast paced daily

Tabata protocol on my rowing machine once every week ( it's not recommended to do tabata more than this )

Bodyweight exercises (push ups, dips, calf raises/dips, plank, hindu squats) - daily

Physical fitness is important and I have seen spiritual seekers/cultivators often neglect this very common sensical aspect for well being.

Cycling every day(rain or shine or snow),streching/yoga/sit ups etc.,taiji,surya namaskars(I swear by them,such a brilliant set of excersise),running,swimming(in the summer),dancing(at home).

We have a gym in the park with outdoors machines nearby.It is so good,I have just discovered it recently.

Edited by suninmyeyes

What? No option for "dancing"? :o

It's included under "other". I dance a lot and sing too. play around, bounce, balance and sit on exercise ball.

Edited by Desert Eagle

:lol:

dancing is good.....

it obviously was not a "complete" list of all physical practices

I think sometimes people can forget the fundamentals in search of the "best" or "high level"

the fundamental is that we are corporeal and that energy includes jing, qi, and shen

from the gross to the most refined

:D

Franklin

I just wanted to throw in a good word for tree climbing, which I've just gotten back into lately. :wub:

It's a fun, exciting, interesting, challenging practice, which exercises balance, ease, least effort, improvisation, and staying calm in fearful situations. It is a 360-degree exercise, challenging the entire body, and asking the mind to seek out pathways in all dimensions.

And it changes so radically, with just a bit of experience. So much more becomes available, as my nerves and awareness adjust to the new environment. To me, it feels like something that is in my DNA, and is only kept at bay by my habits of safety and comfort.

Oh yes, and I'm doing it barefoot, most of the time, so it's sweet to keep the feet involved and aware, as well!

Sign in to follow this