Sign in to follow this  
 ZenStatic

[NEEDED] QiGong or TaiChi Beginner DVD

Amituofo. So, my soon to be wifes 14 yr old daughters have autism. We were told that tai chi would be a good thing for them as it can teach some focus on their bodies movements and could be calming. So, I come here because I don't want to shell out $145 on tai chi classes for them with no idea if they will stick with it or not. So, if anyone has any beginning qigong or tai chi dvd's that they think are simple enough for these children, I would much appreciate it. Please feel free to PM me about this if you have copies or such.

Amituofo. So, my soon to be wifes 14 yr old daughters have autism. We were told that tai chi would be a good thing for them as it can teach some focus on their bodies movements and could be calming. So, I come here because I don't want to shell out $145 on tai chi classes for them with no idea if they will stick with it or not. So, if anyone has any beginning qigong or tai chi dvd's that they think are simple enough for these children, I would much appreciate it. Please feel free to PM me about this if you have copies or such.

Hello, for autism is better to have somebody stay close to her as often as possible. Even though someone told you that Tai Chi might be good for her. FYI Tai Chi is a practice for self discipline. It may not be adequate for a 14 yr old teenage girl because she might not have the patience for it.

So, I come here because I don't want to shell out $145 on tai chi classes for them with no idea if they will stick with it or not.

I'm sure you could find a lot of videos online for free in the meantime.

Here is a great video for 5 Treasures Qi Gong. The directions and visualizations given are excellent.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1572962536605659291#

There are many videos on youtube that demonstrate qi gong. People may have others to suggest more for your situation. It's generally better not to do lots of different styles but stick to one and work with it rather than change directions too much with others. Tai Chi is more complicated than Qi Gong and is more requiring of personal instruction, though being more complicated it could develop other kinds of focus a bit more. Qi Gong is very calming and synchronizes the body movements with deep gentle breathing :)

Sign in to follow this