Sign in to follow this  
Marblehead

[TTC Study] Chapter 50 of the Tao Teh Ching

How I understand the thirteen companions, 9 orifices: eyes, ears, nostrils, mouth, anus and urethra ?

Exactly! Plus the four limbs these are the visible important parts of our body. If use properly our life may be extended to fulfill our natural capacity and capability. Used recklessly we will die an early death.

• Like 1

I've been browsing topics. I'm going to chapter #1 Tao Te Ching. Unless you may have a stronger starting point.

Hehehe. Yeah, the beginning is always a good place to start.

• Like 1

Oh yes, in the haste of my discovery, I neglected to list the four limbs. AAAHHH! ~Thank you for your Kindness~

Hehehe. We sure wouldn't be able to go anywhere very fast without those four limbs.

(But then, sometimes it is best to stay home.)

• Like 1

Marblehead, what exactly is the Book or Writings of Tao Te Ching? The Path or Way of Te Ching? If so who was Te Ching?

Fair question. I will do my best in response even though I do not read Chinese.

Ching = Book

Tao = everything that is, has been, and will be. It includes all "things" of the universe as well as all future potential.

Te = Virtue Not the virtue of man but the Virtue of of Tao. And really, Virtue isn't even a fair translation because "Te" is more about the way the universe and all things and non-things interact with each other.

So we could translate "Tao Te Ching" as "The book of how the universe works"

However, the Tao Te Ching speaks mostly to the human animal's interactions within the universe.

• Like 3

道: Tao is the principles of Nature and reasons.
德: Te is the merits that is pertaining for someone who was dedicated to carry out the principles of Tao.
經: Jing is a classic which was written with principles by the ancient scholars or philosophers.

Edited by ChiDragon
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this