bamboo

EMF Pollution Protection II

Hi People,

i checked previous posts on EMF [Electromagnetic Field] radiation, but they were focused on products you can buy to help protect you from the effects of this electro-pollution.

I wanted to ask all you energy cultivators out there whether our qigong practice helps protect us from the effects of all the electro fields and junk being fired around us all the time? Do practices like pore breathing and expanding our energy field actually help protect us from EMF and the like, or make us more susceptible to it?

I've been driving an electric forklift truck at work for about 5 years. The thing has three motors, so it's packing a pretty big EMF :o . I'm kinda hoping my qigong is somehow protecting me a little from all this radiation. Seriously considering a change of career though.

Would love to know what you guys think about this.

P.S. It was this video Dr Mercola sent me that alerted me to this threat. Got a lot of useful information for clearing your sleeping area of potentially harmful electro radiation.

Best.

Edited by bamboo

As far as qigong and EMF goes I noticed that I am extremely sensitive to TVs, speakers, monitors and so forth. Also I sometimes don't need to wave my badge at work... the doors seem to activate on their own when I walk up.

• Like 2

Hi Bamboo

EMF (I'm talking AC ELF EMFs here) can have many effects on the body but some of the important ones are.

1st EMF can inhibit the production of some key neural transmitters "serotonin and dopamine" also melatonin it can take time after the exposure to EMF for the levels to return to normal. This can effect mood and sleep

2nd EMF does not cause cancer but can be a cancer promoter. So it can give cancer an unfair advantage in the body

3rd it can cause potassium and sodium ions to migrate off cell membranes affecting cell function

So I would say that doing qigong would help since it helps the immune system, promotes rest, and helps the mind focus.

Also please check your forklift to see if it is creating a DC field or an AC field you will need an AC gauss meter. even strong AC ELF drop off quickly with distance usually 3 feet.

More importantly there are many sources of ELF in the home like having your bed (where you lay for up to 8 hours not moving) directly backed up to a wall with a refrigerator (internal) or electric service drop (outside) or the copper ground wire that runs from the service drop to the water main (inside usually in the basement). If you take measurements try to take them while appliances are on to get the correct location of hot spots

If you want to block ELF EMFs then you will need a high permeability nickel alloy shield made of multiple layers with air spaces between the layers. This material is expensive. (Please know that you can not eliminate ELFs you can only reshape them)

If you want detailed info you can order a copy of the New York State Power Lines Study.

Kids are most susceptible to the effects since cellar division is very high during growth.

Hope this is helps

Shawn

Earthing neutralizes AC fields induced by AC wiring. Not all wiring systems induce these fields. Two friends' houses tested very low fields, while mine tested quite high in a number of places. You can test your house with an inexpensive voltmeter from Radio Shack, and you can verify that touching an earthing mat or other ground, drops the field induced on your body to near zero.

However, voltmeters and gauss meters can't measure radio frequency fields, and RF meters are very expensive. The electric company just installed a smart meter outside my bedroom and Broadband Powerline on the stub line 25 feet from my bed! It's really screwing up my sleep.

Anybody know how to protect against RF radiation?

Earthing neutralizes AC fields induced by AC wiring. Not all wiring systems induce these fields. Two friends' houses tested very low fields, while mine tested quite high in a number of places. You can test your house with an inexpensive voltmeter from Radio Shack, and you can verify that touching an earthing mat or other ground, drops the field induced on your body to near zero.

However, voltmeters and gauss meters can't measure radio frequency fields, and RF meters are very expensive. The electric company just installed a smart meter outside my bedroom and Broadband Powerline on the stub line 25 feet from my bed! It's really screwing up my sleep.

Anybody know how to protect against RF radiation?

I read that you can try to request the electric company to have the smart meter take readings only once a day, or at least not constantly. Please contact them and inquire. I just read about smart meters on Mercola.com and that really sucks having one put right there.

I've heard great things about earthing. A friend sleeps with an earthing mat plugged in, and apparently it's helped his insomnia quite a bit.

thanx for all the good information. So EMF's [classifyed by the EPA as a class 3 carcinogen] disrupt cell to cell comunications, nueron firing processes, and brain wave patterns altering behavioural patterns, but would the size and strength of our own energy field be able to mitigate the effects that an EMF has on us?

Here's an interesting video about earthing with Dr Mercola, looks like they've only just realized that we are almost totally isolated from contact with the real ground :lol:

Can you use an earthing mat or device without having to put a rod into the ground. I rent a room on the second floor and cant just stick a rod out my window and into the back yard.

Hi billb

Yes, you can ground the mat via the building's electrical system, which is grounded.

You have to check that the plug's grounding is correct (very easy) and then plug your grounding system into the ground on the plug (the third hole).

I prefer the actual pole-in-the-ground method, mostly because the electrical in my house was installed by a mad scientist, and the meters test really high next to the plugs. But I do use both methods for two beds and the computer.

A while ago I bought one of the expensive grounding bed sheets so you sleep grounded, but when I used it I had weird intense dreams and would often wake up in the night disturbed so somehow it seemed to make things worse. Then I read somewhere that such things could even amplify emf interference in the body, so I stopped using it. I don't know if I was somehow using it incorrectly or my plugs were wired up strangely but such grounding devices seemed to have to opposite effect they were meant to with me. Now I just go bare foot on the ground when I can.

• Like 1

If the sheet is not connected properly, it will increase the charge on you, as it will act as an antenna if it's not grounding.

But the instructions tell you how to test the sheet, how to test yourself with and without the sheet to see if it lowers the charge on you. It lowered the charge on me to almost normal (wierd house wiring), so I use it all the time.

I have one of the original tri-field meters - haven't used it in years but it was very informative, and very reasonably priced. Make sure whatever meter you look at has the frequency response and type of field measurement you are interested in.

"...you can ground the mat via the building's electrical system..."

I know many do, but I personally would NEVER do that. I run a separate solid ground with copper rod driven in ground a minimum of 4 - 8 feet depending on soil type for any project where I want ground unless it is specific for the building's electrical system.

When I experimented with body grounding methods many years ago I also made sure I had a solid disconnect for when storms were approaching.

• Like 2

i walk barefoot around on natural ground a few minutes.

Me too. Or just bend down occasionally and touch Earth with flat of palms.

This will discharge any static buildup.

• Like 3

I like to go on walks around my neighborhood. If I do this after an intense meditation session, whenever there are power lines above my head they make me feel really weird, even giving me a headache sometimes. What can I do about this?

Edited by Creation

As far as qigong and EMF goes I noticed that I am extremely sensitive to TVs, speakers, monitors and so forth. Also I sometimes don't need to wave my badge at work... the doors seem to activate on their own when I walk up.

Been having the same problems. When my dad leaves the tv on even if its on the black screen it drives me crazy. Also I can have my IPad to close to my body otherwise it starts to bother me , especially in my crotch.

My 2 cents, Peacr

I work around electricity all the time, (turbine/ generators) so I'm sure I've gotten major doses of emf over the years. I also remember the early computer monitors that were really bad about emf along with them causing lots of eye strain! (via poor refresh rates) So what does anyone know about the effects of getting an MRI exposure? (or x-rays and cat-scans if you want to get into that?)

p.s. it doesn't seem like d.c. equipment would generate much of an electromagnetic field in comparison to all the a.c. equipment in the world...

Edited by 3bob