Sign in to follow this  
yangluchan

TCM Herbal Medicine in China - Where?

Hi!

As I've posted about before, I have weak kidneys, which manifest in achy back and knees and sore throat and malaise after ejaculation. Also unwanted ejaculations at night.

Now, I've tried to moderate myself down to one ejaculation per week (and with a younger girlfriend I have to have some sex without ejaculating too, but I don't do any forced retention work, I just stop and start well before any ejaculation is on the way).

I've also started doing some stretching and myofascial release as I believe the tightness in my prostate and pelvic area and down the inside of my thighs is also contributing and blocking everything.

I went to a TCM practitioner (acupuncture) who has now turned to the PH diet, and she said both my liver and my kidney yin and yang were weak. Bloodwork there also found out a lot of candida in my blood and she said it's no wonder I was weak and my kidneys and liver were fatigued. Moving to become more alkaline has helped quite a bit, but it's hard to stay with only salads, vegetables and green drinks all the time, especially in the summer... I was fanatical for a while, but I don't think I can go on like this for a year, and I also believe that I need to adress this from a TCM perspective.

Well, I digress. The thing is, I'm going to China for a vacation with my girlfriend in a few weeks (first time ever to Asia! :D ) and then we are going to stay two weeks in Hoi An in Vietnam afterwards.

I was thinking I would really like to squeeze in a visit with a skilled TCM herbal practitioner in China to get a proper diagnosis according to TCM, and have him/her prescribe me exactly what herbs are good for me! I believe TCM herbal medicine might be the answer for my kidneys, and I've taken some Goji and He Shou Wu, but I'm afraid it might actually do more bad than good since I'm not prescribed exactly what to take my a skilled practitioner.

We will be in Beijing, X'ian (will visit Huashan, wooo!!), Guilin, Yangshuo and Hong Kong. Anyone know of a skilled TCM herbal practitioner I can go see in any of those cities? Also I don't speak any (only a few Pimsleur phrases) Mandarine, so he/she would have to speak some english.

When in Vietnam I was thinking of going for some traditional foot massage which should also help my kidneys, found one lady that might be good, but if you have any recommendations here too I'm all for it! :)

Thanks you guys! :)

Edited by yangluchan

We will be in Beijing, X'ian (will visit Huashan, wooo!!), Guilin, Yangshuo and Hong Kong. Anyone know of a skilled TCM herbal practitioner I can go see in any of those cities? Also I don't speak any (only a few Pimsleur phrases) Mandarine, so he/she would have to speak some english.

Normally, the local tour guide in Beijing will take you to a TCM herbal visit. If not, you can ask the guide to lead you to one. Just be aware not to over bought the herbs which they may be recommended.

I'm sorry to tell you that the type of problem you describe sounds like one that could require quite a long period of treatment, replete with regular visits to the doctor for adjustments to your prescription, etc. Finding a herbal doc who can fix this in one visit would be a huge stroke of luck.

Beware of any doc you are taken to by a tour guide. Not that all such doctors are necessarily bad, but there are a looooooot of half-baked doctors and full-blown charlatans here, and they all want your $$$.

Nevertheless, with all that in mind, may as well see if you can find a good doc while you're here! You'll encounter plenty of English speakering locals as a tourist; ask one who seems trustworthy if he/she can send you in the direction of a good doctor. There are some great healers in China hiding in broad daylight, you never know who knows one.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this