Makyea

Bad Ovary?

Hello again everyone!

I seem to always come here with more and more 'uncurable' health problems, haha. Well here goes:

I was getting some bad pain in my right hip area. I went to the hospital as they progress thinking it was an appendix. They did tests because I am a woman and as my doctor said "Ladies just have so many dang parts." So after doing that they discovered about 2 cups of fluid flowing around my right ovary. They said there was nothing they could do but let my body reabsorb the liquid. So they prescribed a antibiotic to prevent infect and Vicodin. After doing ultrasounds and ct scans they said it went away. But lately again when I run, sit in a car, go to PT or a USMC Poolee Function I am in extreme pain. I went in a again and they said my right ovary has another cyst and that most women would go along with surgery to take the ovary out. My doctor seriously said "You just got a bad seed, best thing to do is remove it so you don't overwork the soil" I refuse to get rid of it for a very silly reason(they think so anyway) I just feel like I am less of a women and am losing a strong and important piece of myself. I was wondering what all of you(because you guys know loads more than I about this kind of thing) think. Is there some way to treat such a reoccurring issue? Could there be an imbalance? Is finding some way to deal with the pain instead of removing it? Any of your opinions about any of it.

Hello again everyone!

I seem to always come here with more and more 'uncurable' health problems, haha. Well here goes:

I was getting some bad pain in my right hip area. I went to the hospital as they progress thinking it was an appendix. They did tests because I am a woman and as my doctor said "Ladies just have so many dang parts." So after doing that they discovered about 2 cups of fluid flowing around my right ovary. They said there was nothing they could do but let my body reabsorb the liquid. So they prescribed a antibiotic to prevent infect and Vicodin. After doing ultrasounds and ct scans they said it went away. But lately again when I run, sit in a car, go to PT or a USMC Poolee Function I am in extreme pain. I went in a again and they said my right ovary has another cyst and that most women would go along with surgery to take the ovary out. My doctor seriously said "You just got a bad seed, best thing to do is remove it so you don't overwork the soil" I refuse to get rid of it for a very silly reason(they think so anyway) I just feel like I am less of a women and am losing a strong and important piece of myself. I was wondering what all of you(because you guys know loads more than I about this kind of thing) think. Is there some way to treat such a reoccurring issue? Could there be an imbalance? Is finding some way to deal with the pain instead of removing it? Any of your opinions about any of it.

This kind of thing is very difficult to answer in the most appropriate way possible. There is a way toward health, but whether the way is easy or not depends on a lot of factors. It depends on what you believe the world is like, which will affect what you believe is reasonably possible. And it depends on your perseverance. People often think some ailment is not worth curing if it involves more than X amount of effort. I speak from observation of others and myself. I've had conditions which I've ignored because they didn't bother me enough to make it worth my time to cure them.

I suggest the following approach.

First, make sure your basics are strong. This means good nutrition, good sleep, good exercise, low stress, good sunshine and air. These are the basics. If your basics are missing or distorted, you can be curing yourself every hour of every day and still just get sicker and sicker.

Good nutrition -- Avoid extremes. Avoid fad diets. Eat everything in moderation. Make sure things you buy are reasonably high quality if possible. If you have access to a farmer's market, use it. If you have access to trustworthy organic vegetables, take advantage of it. But if you don't, don't go crazy. Just do the best you can with what you have, and let your mind rest. Eat some of everything. Some fat, some vegetables, some meat if you're not a vegetarian, etc... Avoid fads. Don't overeat. Don't generally starve, etc.

Good sleep -- 7-9 or even 10 hours, depending on your individual personal needs. Good sleep should be solid and uninterrupted. The most important key to sleep is your mind prior to sleep. If your mind is relaxed and peaceful, you'll sleep well, whether you're sleeping on a hard rock in a forest or in a soft bed. If you're anxious then your sleep will be shit even in the best bedroom on the planet.

Good exercise -- Use reason and avoid extremes. Exercise should work you out but it should not be so painful and unpleasant that you'll want to avoid it the next day thanks to a negative association of exercise with pain. So exercise should not be lazy, but not so fanatical that you're in pain. Exercise whatever you can for however long you can within reason. If you can only do 5 minutes, start there. Your body will tell you what is enough, just listen to it attentively. Don't be too easy or too hard on yourself.

Low stress -- This is your mind. It's all about your beliefs. This whole forum is dedicated to that topic so I'm not going to say anything about it. You should eventually be able to rise above any and all concerns. This doesn't mean you'll become numb. It just means where some concern used to take your breath away, it won't happen anymore. You being the master of your concerns is good. Your concerns being the master of you is bad. Meditate. During meditation let everything be and relax your mind. Give yourself some space.

Good sunshine and air -- This means don't spend all your time in a room with windows shut. Air out your room and take walks outside when the sun is out, preferably avoiding the blistering high noon sun. As with everything, just use reason and moderation.

These are the basics. It's like a foundation from which healing manifests.

Now assuming your foundation is strong, use visualization as follows. See a healing soft light penetrate your body. The color and direction of entry is not important as long as it is pleasant. You pick. See the light go toward the affected area and melt there. Spend some time like this, however you think is appropriate. Then move to a higher order vision. The higher order vision is more holistic. So instead of focusing on the affected area, observe your whole being and see your hole being as healthy. Feel health surging, flowing, brimming, shining in your being all over, from inside and out. Include the whole universe into this, from the innermost depths to the outermost limits of imagination and conventional knowledge. Spend some time feeling health in your general being. Then comes the third stage of visualization. The third stage is forgetting. Forget you ever had a problem. Forget yourself. Forget the exercise you just did. Let it all go. Let go of the expectations. During the first two stages you expect to be healed. During the third stage you place yourself in a space beyond expectations. In this stage whether you heal or not is not important because you are beyond whatever is happening, good or bad.

When you are healing yourself via visualization I describe above, it's important to avoid two things:

1. Don't feel pity for yourself. This puts you into a victim role.

2. Don't feel indifferent and callous to yourself. This puts you into a pretentious bully role.

The ideal state is one of firm equanimity where you are soft, kind and compassionate toward yourself without feeling pity or sorry for yourself.

How well visualization works, or whether it even works at all, will depend on how you believe the world works. If you believe the world is made of physical substance and the mind is an illusion, then visualization will not help you because it will not be something coherent (believable) within that frame of mind. If you believe the mind is a fundamental reality and matter is an illusion, then visualization I described above will help you a lot.

Happy healing!

Edited by goldisheavy

I relate to you in more ways than you can imagine, Makyea. There may be a reason you are manifesting a bad ovary at this time, and it may have more to do with your female / male identity than anything else.

I was a cute little girl, but I was brought up to be the first son. I did son-ly things in my life, including join a major police department and be a U.S. Coast Guard reservist. I rode dirt bikes - anything masculine. My inner sexual identity has always been a bit of an issue for me because of my conditioning. I am still manifesting being the 'breadwinner' in the household, as I always have. It's just the template I was brought up with.

Were you brought up with a similar template? Were you extremely tomboyish, as I was? There may be events going on in your life today which are rubbing up against this very issue within you, if there's any truth to what I'm saying, and it may be why you're manifesting fluid and a cyst on your ovary.

If this resonates at all and you'd like to try and triangulate this, I'd be happy to help in any way I can. I can help with the triangulation, it's what I do. If you're interested, PM me...

Best wishes to you,

Barbara

Edited by manitou
  • Like 1

Everything Goldisheavy said especially sunlight (vitamin D), and:

It sounds like you've got PCOS.

PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) can be complicated, and there are many different reasons for it...

Are you overwheight? Losing hair? Do you have trouble having a period? Acne? Excess facial hair? Easy muscle gain?

Usually though it comes down to some kind of combination of insulin resistance, hormonal imbalance, and maybe hypoglycemia. There are thousands of others.

Insulin resistance can be combated with cinnamon (1-2 grams daily), and then getting your hormones in balance with something like dong quai, Chasteberry, Peony, VITAMIN C (can surprisingly cure a lot with more vitamin c as it increases iron uptake, which is part of the problem of hypoglycemia).

http://www.soulcysters.net/forum.php

John

To add to what other people have been posting...

Here's one site that deals talks of the symptoms and how to treat it: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2008/01/02/pcos.aspx

He recommends progesterone cream in the article about PCOS, so this article explains more on how it could help: http://www.mercola.com/article/progesterone/cream.htm

There might be more articles on that site dealing with ovarian cysts. You might want to look through that site.

Probably not going to be a cure-all, but two herbs you could pick up to make tea with would be Plantain leaves and Marigold/Calendula.

Plantain relieves infection, inflammation, and congestion in all parts of the body. It detoxifies tissues, dries, cools, and cleans passages, which is why it is also used to relieve prostate enlargement. It's also antiseptic and astringent, and diuretic. Native Americans used it for rattlesnake bites. It's also helpful as a wash on poison ivy blisters to dry and cool them.

Marigold/Calendula (don't use if you take blood pressure pharamas, as it also helps circulation) is very good for the ovaries, especially if you are coming up to menopause as it has estrogenic properties that ease the transition of estrogen production moving from the ovaries to the adrenal glands. It is also anti-inflammatory. It's used for fighting pelvic, stomach lining, and bowel infections.

You could sweeten the tea with fresh raw ginger.

Best would be to find a herbal store that sells these in bulk organic.

I'm sorry it took me so long to get back to you all. I actually am at target Body comp. I am eating 6 times a day as much high quality well balanced foods. I have 3 marine workouts a week and try and go for a walk or run every day. My hair is growing faster than ever. I have a perfect menstrual cycle. They couldn't find a deficiency anywhere with my nutrition(I try to record the foods I eat daily because I have to make weight to qualify for the USMC.)

I feel uncomfortable a lot and frustrated like my body is rejecting me. I can't sleep at night and have now been having to sleep about 30 minutes after the sun comes up. I feel like my body despises me and wants me gone, if that makes sense.

I'm sorry it took me so long to get back to you all. I actually am at target Body comp. I am eating 6 times a day as much high quality well balanced foods. I have 3 marine workouts a week and try and go for a walk or run every day. My hair is growing faster than ever. I have a perfect menstrual cycle. They couldn't find a deficiency anywhere with my nutrition(I try to record the foods I eat daily because I have to make weight to qualify for the USMC.)

I feel uncomfortable a lot and frustrated like my body is rejecting me. I can't sleep at night and have now been having to sleep about 30 minutes after the sun comes up. I feel like my body despises me and wants me gone, if that makes sense.

What is more important is that you don't reject your body. When you say "my body despises me" it tells me there is a good chance it's you who despises yourself at some level of your being. Our bodies don't have independent will from us. Our bodies represent our own subconscious mind. Still, I can't really say this kind of thing for sure without knowing you as a friend for many years, which would be required for me to try to inspect your deeper being.

Try to avoid thinking of your body as something foreign to you and try to do the visualization I suggested. When you do it, more feelings might come up (or might not). It might become more obvious to you what the issue is between you and yourself, or you and your body.

Did this problem start after you decided to join USMC? Do you have any doubts or second thoughts about USMC? I might be barking up the wrong alley here, so please don't read too much into any of these questions.

It is my firm belief that ultimately no one knows you better than yourself. I believe at some level of your being you know exactly what's going on with you. I suggest that while or if you use all these methods here you still keep the regular Western doctors in the loop, but do get more opinions. Try to do the following: research your condition/symptoms online. Visit more than one doctor if you can. Even visit 5 different doctors and get 5 different opinions. I had a very severe problem with my left eye called "recurrent corneal degeneration" and I visited many docs before I got any useful advice. In my experience Western doctors tend to be assholes who only care about money. The best advice I got was from a Western-trained Chinese doctor working with the Chinatown poor in a very simple/humble kind of clinic, and not from the fancy doctors in expensive clinics.

I healed myself using combination of all the advice I gathered from all the sources plus my own intuitive knowledge and visualizations and before the healing took place I was in hell for 2 years straight. I never visited any alternative doctors because I do my own alternative healing, so I don't need another doctor to cover the alternative side of the equation. You may want to visit an alternative medicine doctor, like an acupuncturist, or even a hypnotherapist. As far as acupuncture or traditional Chinese medicine goes (TCM), I am by far not the best person to talk to.

A hypnotherapist may be willing to do a hypnotic diagnosis for you. It's when the therapist puts you in a state of hypnosis and have you yourself tell the therapist what your problem is. Surprisingly, this way you can get some pretty accurate diagnosis at least sometimes because like a I said before, you know yourself best, and that's why this method works. But not all hypnotherapists may be willing to do this with you. Some therapists might think this is too unscientific and weird. Others may think this is natural and normal. You'll get the best results from a therapist with beliefs similar to your own, who cares about your well-being and wants to see you heal.

Try to get some good sleep. Clean up your bedroom if necessary and air it out. (in other words, make it inviting and pleasant) Play some soft music that has a sooting and calming effect. Read a good book in bed before you go to sleep. You can also get a generic hypnosis MP3 (I purchased two hypnosis CDs myself, ripped them, copied the MP3 onto my iPod and had fantastic results) aimed at wellness and relaxation and play that while you are in bed. From personal experience this method worked for me even when strong pain pills like Percocet had little or no effect on my pain level. Hypnosis by contrast took all the pain away and let me sleep. Get some good sleep because that's important.

Also you can try drinking one or two shots of vodka before sleep. The amount should be just enough to relax your body, but not enough to feel buzzed. Don't drink more than that if you use this method. And it may be best to combine it with other methods above. If you take pain pills, you shouldn't drink... so you have to make a choice. In my experience a drink surprisingly is often more effective than a name-brand pain pill for pain management because not only does it dull the pain, it relaxes the body too. It's like taking two pills in one: a muscle relaxant and a pain pill. But don't overdo it and don't get drunk no matter what.

Edited by goldisheavy

Interesting posts, goldisheavy. Glad to hear you healed your eye. :)

One technique you don't mention is medical qigong healing. Have you ever tried this method? Has worked incredibly well for the clients that I've seen "worked on."

I believe you and I respect such methods a good deal. I like what I've heard from Chunyi Lin's Springforest Qigong. However, I don't consider myself qualified to talk about qigong. I do similar things as what Chunyi Lin talks about, but if I coat what I do in Chinese terminology and jargon, I will simply deceive people, which is not my intention. I think my methods are every bit as powerful and effective as any qigong you'll find anywhere, even on Wudang mountains. But I will not call it qigong just to gain more attention or more perceived validity.

So, I hope people who feel qualified and competent to talk about qigong will step forward and say something. Looks like you're doing some of that Rainbow, and thank you for that. :) You are better positioned to talk about qigong than I am. There are many others here who know a thing or two about qigong. Those folks can jump in at any time.

Here's an example of what Chunyi Lin talks about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_1sPDntOTs

I've also seen other good videos of Chunyi Lin showing how to heal various blockages. Maybe I can find them. The video above is a general practice video which I think will have a healing effect in its own right, even though it's not aimed at healing one specific ailment.

Edited by goldisheavy

Thanks gold,

Witnessing these healings in person has been truly astounding. Keep an eye out for Michael's senior level student kempomaster's posts. :)

Maybe you can share a story or two when you feel like it. As for keeping my eyes out, they are always out, like a frog. :)

Tibetan sound healing from the Bon tradition:

Introduction:

Syllable A:

Syllable OM:

Syllable HUNG:

Syllable RAM:

Syllable DZA:

My own note: all these healing techniques rely on the power of mind to heal. These specific videos rely on the chakra mental fabrication to heal the mental fabrication of the body and the mental fabrication of life circumstances. Because all phenomena are mental fabrications, this represents just one way out of a million and one ways to deal with the problem. I'm just putting these videos here to give people a taste of what is possible and not to offer it as some kind of authoritative or exclusive solution. :)

I don't use chakra conceptions for anything at all. I don't use them for spiritual practice and I don't use them for healing either. Nonetheless these techniques are valuable because they show one good example of how you can go about using the power of the mind to heal.

Here's another example of how to use the power of the mind:

This is a Chinese version of sound healing (or one of many Chinese versions):

1) Is joining the "uber-macho" USMC your way of rejecting (psychologically/emotionally removing) the feminine aspect of yourself (similar to what manitou said)?

2) Do you feel that femininity = weakness and is something that should literally be removed from your body now? That an ovary (the very anatomical symbol of womanhood - is "bad?" - as your thread title states).

3) Do you feel that strength and femininity are incompatible (oxymoronic)?

4) What does it truly mean to be an "optimized"* female?

5) And what do you want most in life - power or love?

6) And which are you actually currently working towards with all your actions???

* Note that I did not say "strong" or "empowered" here, because those very terms are leading towards the acquisition of power. Which may or may not be your actual endgame. Whereas "optimized" is more open-ended.

Edited by vortex

False dilemma. Power has nothing to do with imposition or overcoming resistance (male view of power). Power is the ability to orchestrate change and power can be equally powerful in both male and female aspects. Orchestrating change does not necessitate a male approach to power. Women can be more powerful than men while still being healthy and happy women.

Think of it this way. Vacuum is powerful. And so is a pressurized container. Pressurized container bursting outward is male power. Vacuum sucking violently inward is female power. Both kinds of power are equally powerful and equally violent if need be, and/or equally compassionate if need be.

A vacuum bomb is an example of yin power at work. A black hole is yin power, female aspect. A star is yang, male aspect. Stars and black holes are equally powerful. It would be stupid to say otherwise.

What's more, yang goes into yin and yin goes into yang. There is no clear boundary. Women are partly men and men are partly women. You are part woman vortex. How do you like that?

Edited by goldisheavy

^ I didn't say they were necessarily mutually-exclusive.

I asked her which one she's aiming for as her goal in life.

You could aim for one but get the other in the process too. However, getting something incidentally doesn't mean you were actually aiming for it.

Whereas, it would be more difficult to actually serve 2 masters equally at the same time that often come into conflict with each other. For those conflicts will more clearly reveal which one you actually serve over the other.

Edited by vortex

^ I didn't say they were necessarily mutually-exclusive.

I asked her which one she's aiming for as her goal in life.

You could aim for one but get the other in the process too. However, it would be more difficult to serve 2 masters at the same time that often come into conflict with each other. For those conflicts will more clearly reveal which one you actually serve over the other.

There is no conflict. I would even say that love without power is lukewarm, anemic and helpless. Love is best when inseparable from power. Power is the ability to orchestrate change. It can be violent and males often think of power as violence, but it doesn't have to be violent at all. Most power play (male or female) is subtle and barely noticeable. In fact the best power is subtle power because you cannot resist or block that which you don't see. :)

There is no conflict. I would even say that love without power is lukewarm, anemic and helpless. Love is best when inseparable from power. Power is the ability to orchestrate change. It can be violent and males often think of power as violence, but it doesn't have to be violent at all. Most power play (male or female) is subtle and barely noticeable. In fact the best power is subtle power because you cannot resist or block that which you don't see. :)
Your example is essentially choosing love first though, power second. I.e. love with power.

However, what about the opposite - power without love? Where power is chosen first and love may or may not factor in?

Like I said, I'm not saying they can't coexist - but asking which one is given higher priority?

Edited by vortex

Your example is essentially choosing love first though, power second. I.e. love with power.

However, what about the opposite - power without love? Where power is chosen first and love may or may not factor in?

Like I said, I'm not saying they can't coexist - but asking which one is given higher priority?

I hear ya. I can't imagine what would the point of power be if power was the top priority. It seems to me power is always acting in service of something else, be it noble or ignoble. Although power for the sake of power can be seen as power working for creativity as the higher purpose. So even power as number one priority can be positive, at least in my mind. So I lied. I can imagine it.

Edited by goldisheavy
  • Like 1

Hi Makyea, Manitou,

Manitou, I would like to commend you on an excellent post.

Makyea, if what Manitou said speaks to you, I can recommend a book I read lately: Anatomy of the Spirit: The Seven Stages of Power and Healing by Caroline Myss.

In the book the author speaks of similar and other conditions where she managed to "inspire people out of it". Through examples and by relating certain issues and feelings to each other she inspires the reader to search their own self and intuition for what they need for their own healing.

I wish you lots of happiness and all the best in your journey of getting to the bottom of your issues.

I have been to multiple doctors they all tried to prescribe stronger and stronger pain meds. I am going to try and try some of the technique you mentioned tonight after I get back from PT. I figure with doing both I may just be more relaxed and open and able to sleep better.

1) Is joining the "uber-macho" USMC your way of rejecting (psychologically/emotionally removing) the feminine aspect of yourself (similar to what manitou said)?

2) Do you feel that femininity = weakness and is something that should literally be removed from your body now? That an ovary (the very anatomical symbol of womanhood - is "bad?" - as your thread title states).

3) Do you feel that strength and femininity are incompatible (oxymoronic)?

4) What does it truly mean to be an "optimized"* female?

6) And which are you actually currently working towards with all your actions???

* Note that I did not say "strong" or "empowered" here, because those very terms are leading towards the acquisition of power. Which may or may not be your actual endgame. Whereas "optimized" is more open-ended.

I think I have always been hidden the girly parts of me. It isn't that I reject them. I love being female. I just think that I have a problem with outwardly sharing my femininity because it's like a cop out. All the women in my life who act "girly" are on the looser, less successful, no ambition side of life. In the USMC you aren't a girl, you are just a Marine and you are expected to be a Marine not a girl. I think I am joining because it's the ultimate way to separate my femininity from my outward life. Writing this down kind of sounds silly, haha.

Its not that I see femininity as weak or incompatible with strength but that it is attached with personal emotional things for me. Things I would rather keep to myself. I don't want to be expected to be a "girl" all of the time because it isn't me.

I think I am more on the love side of that.

I have had a lot of stress when it comes to my body. I have been adjusting and pushing my body hard to get to the place I want to be. Poolee functions are competitive. Recruiters want their recruits to be the best. Us recruits push hard to exceed our goals. But I don't think it is unhealthy or stressful. I used to hate my body but I think I am more or less over that.

• Like 1

Hi Makyea, Manitou,

Manitou, I would like to commend you on an excellent post.

Makyea, if what Manitou said speaks to you, I can recommend a book I read lately: Anatomy of the Spirit: The Seven Stages of Power and Healing by Caroline Myss.

In the book the author speaks of similar and other conditions where she managed to "inspire people out of it". Through examples and by relating certain issues and feelings to each other she inspires the reader to search their own self and intuition for what they need for their own healing.

I wish you lots of happiness and all the best in your journey of getting to the bottom of your issues.

Thank you for the recommendation. It sounds like it would be helpful.

I just think that I have a problem with outwardly sharing my femininity because it's like a cop out. All the women in my life who act "girly" are on the looser, less successful, no ambition side of life. In the USMC you aren't a girl, you are just a Marine and you are expected to be a Marine not a girl. I think I am joining because it's the ultimate way to separate my femininity from my outward life. Writing this down kind of sounds silly, haha.

Its not that I see femininity as weak or incompatible with strength but that it is attached with personal emotional things for me. Things I would rather keep to myself. I don't want to be expected to be a "girl" all of the time because it isn't me.

So, here it sounds like you want to segregate/compartmentalize/separate from your femininity & personal emotions. And you want to neuter yourself and become androgynous, more or less.

So, isn't that precisely what you're getting faced with now? Getting neutered? Spayed like a cat?

Careful what you wish for... :D

I also have a good parable for this I will post later..

And another line that caught my attention was:

"You just got a bad seed, best thing to do is remove it so you don't overwork the soil"
Do you ever feel like you were a bad seed? And "overworking the soil" also sounds like "overworking the soul" to me, here...so perhaps a "bad soul?"

Rainbow_Vein & goldisheavy - Excellent philosophical questions on power & love! I didn't intend to go deep on it here...but it is certainly worth a deep delve. I shall post more on it later... :)

Edited by vortex

I seem to have a different opinion than many of the posters here. It also seems this thread is tied in with the "manifesting" thread.

Sure, emotions can cause illness. How we perceive ourselves, how we empower negative aspects or fight against a natural aspect of ourselves. But it appears most of you that are posting seem to feel that this person's illness is all her own fault and is definitely a manifestation she caused due to her emotions.

In general, I disagree.

Many times these type of conditions are strictly hereditary. And if there is an actual physician on this board, as compared to armchair psychologists, I am sure he/she would agree.

I don't know what is causing her problem. But it seems to me the lady is being picked on unnecessarily.

• Like 4

Hi Ya Mu,

I think you have a very valid point: I fully agree with you that blaming people or suggesting that people blame themselves for their ill luck is a vice.

Yet, at the end of the day, critical self evaluation is not necessarily the same as self-pity and blaming oneself.

The poster suggested pretty clearly that she was not ready to accept the doctor's medicine and wanted to try something else - I read the responses to this thread as suggestions for some tools for self evaluation, but I can also see how they can be misunderstood as manuals in self-blame. This is an important distinction.

• Like 2