cecjr18

Non medical tao practices?

Hello everyone, I am Cecil from Kansas and I have become interested in Taoism from practicing yoga, tantra and other esoteric arts. The eastern methods are practical, and effective. I have got results from yoga, and tantra that are profound and leave me wanting more. I have been reading things on taoism and internal alchemy but all I can find is things of medical qi gong. Although the healing aspects are great I am not looking to become a healer. I am looking to cultivate chi in a powerful, effective way. Are there any authentic systems that do not concentrate solely on healing others?

Bruce Frantzis has some good stuff such as Opening your energy gates and the Water Method, there was a really good interview with him on here a while back i'll try find it.

Hello everyone, I am Cecil from Kansas and I have become interested in Taoism from practicing yoga, tantra and other esoteric arts. The eastern methods are practical, and effective. I have got results from yoga, and tantra that are profound and leave me wanting more. I have been reading things on taoism and internal alchemy but all I can find is things of medical qi gong. Although the healing aspects are great I am not looking to become a healer. I am looking to cultivate chi in a powerful, effective way. Are there any authentic systems that do not concentrate solely on healing others?

Just because a system has medical qigong in it doesn't mean it is not a powerful system for self-health or a powerful system for awareness. The Stillness-Movement neigong I teach is first for awareness with a side-effect of self-wellness enhancement. The practitioner can choose whether to take it further and learn the medical qigong or just practice it for awareness enhancement.

• Like 3

"leave me wanting more"

More of what?

:ninja:

Oh alright, I should explain that IME there's a point at which we (or maybe just me) 'practice-hop' because the one we have it's actually working It might not be your case and certainly, many things do not work for many people. But I felt I had to point that one out.

Sorry if it's not applicable :-)

"leave me wanting more"

More of what?

:ninja:

Oh alright, I should explain that IME there's a point at which we (or maybe just me) 'practice-hop' because the one we have it's actually working It might not be your case and certainly, many things do not work for many people. But I felt I had to point that one out.

Sorry if it's not applicable :-)

Yes I guess you could say I am planning to practice-hop. Yoga is beneficial and effective but after reading about the chinese methods, I just think I'll work with them better.

Yes I guess you could say I am planning to practice-hop. Yoga is beneficial and effective but after reading about the chinese methods, I just think I'll work with them better.

Or just take longer :lol:

Anyway, turns out I'm lazy as hell, so I gave up yoga and took up qi-gong.

My favourite book on the subject of internal health cultivation is this. (wonder if you could tell ;) )

It's pricey from amazon but if I'm not mistaken there's other places online where you can get it.

A gem.

• Like 1

My favourite book on the subject of internal health cultivation is this. (wonder if you could tell ;) )

It's pricey from amazon but if I'm not mistaken there's other places online where you can get it.

A gem.

plumpub had it again for the original list price a couple of months ago.

most likely it sold out quickly again idk

another one i want is the sun lu tang xingyi book.

edit> i kinda consider xingyi to be of shaolin origin

but it is a great art. deep and profound like the tao

Edited by zerostao