Sign in to follow this  
AЯAB

Realizing on our own

Hello everyone (: ,

I wanted to see what you all think about realizing things internally without external sources. Has it ever happened to you? A sudden realization of something than finding out about the same thing you realized first through an external source(book, TTB forum XD). A couple months ago I had been practicing the inner smile technique but had known nothing about it or what I was doing. I've been reading a Mantak Chia book recently and I stumbled upon teachings on how to use the inner smile which describes everything I had been doing before. The same happened when I realized that you don't need an external source to feel love, love is everywhere it was so amazing to "remember" such a thing. Anyways, If we can come to these sorts of realizations on our own do we really need books and other sources to teach us?

Much love,

Arab

I think they help to ground experience (i.e. you're not the only crazy human who has ever done x to get y :-))

Hi Arab,

No, we don't need external teachings.

Yet, if we shun them, we will be forced to reinvent the wheel on our own.

My personal preference is to learn and receive inspiration, but a hermit seeks the solitude to reach his own conclusions.

At the end of the day, the choice is yours. And, in any case, remember that you are your own master.

I wish you all the best.

Hello everyone (: ,

I wanted to see what you all think about realizing things internally without external sources. Has it ever happened to you? A sudden realization of something than finding out about the same thing you realized first through an external source(book, TTB forum XD). A couple months ago I had been practicing the inner smile technique but had known nothing about it or what I was doing. I've been reading a Mantak Chia book recently and I stumbled upon teachings on how to use the inner smile which describes everything I had been doing before. The same happened when I realized that you don't need an external source to feel love, love is everywhere it was so amazing to "remember" such a thing. Anyways, If we can come to these sorts of realizations on our own do we really need books and other sources to teach us?

Much love,

Arab

I believe that we constantly need to be put up against something in order to learn.

That something(whatever it is like an idea ,problem,weather,flat tyre,external teacher..) is a teacher.Teacher points the way,but source of knowledge is not the teacher.

Sign in to follow this