Guest sykkelpump

white skeleton meditation

Guest sykkelpump

Anybody have any good results from practicing white skeleton meditation?

I was just practicing it today, but it's not often that I do it. At the moment, I'm messing with WSM while in the toe touch asana. It's a great practice, physically vitalizing. Don't forget to do some stillness meditation, corpse pose afterwards, etc to let the energy assimilate if you try it. It's great for MAs, but I haven't done the practice long enough to speak with any authority on it.

Hey Yoda, do you use a skeleton model to practice with? I just ordered the 'Tiny Tim' skeleton from the anatomical.com site and look forward to practicing.

I do have a skeleton in my closet. I should break it out for Halloween, come to think of it. I bought a half scale and then painted it white to help with the visualization. I've been modifying my spinal breathing/mco practice to incorporate WSM for the past month or so. Sending the energy down, I visualize the bones of the pelvis lit up and sending the energy up I'll end up with my forehead plate (name?) shining bright. Or while standing going from foot bones to forehead bone, etc. Playing around along those lines. And then chase that sort of practice with meditation. At some point, I want to score a full sized skeleton.

Well you can't have mine. I'm still using it :P

I like artist Alex Greys work for the skeletal stuff I do. You get bones,guts and energy cycles. The cheapest way to get good quality prints was to buy his calendar.

The Chei Nei Tsang - Giles Marins group has a 30 minute bone breathing guided meditation that is very good. It slowly lights up the whole skeletong with special attention on the movement of the skull bones.

Michael

Won't tell. I'm onto to you. If I give you measurements you'll build a display rack in my size. :angry:

Michael

Well there are real skeletons on the market but they are so durn short! I guess I'll just have to put them in stilettos or something. I'll figure it out. I always do. :)

Well there are real skeletons on the market but they are so durn short! I guess I'll just have to put them in stilettos or something. I'll figure it out. I always do. :)

Skeleton Sale

Link fixed!

Edited by forestofsouls

I've had some good experiences with white skeleton. Seen some pretty strange things too... faces, felt like I was being sucked through the floor, etc.

man, the stuff that pops up on this website is amazing. I never knew this was a recognized meditation style but it developed itself in me spontaineously once while I was running. My vision turned inward and I really saw my hip joints, my whole pelvis and then my leg bones running down the road. I looked at my rib cage, my arms, neck and skull. It was just fun, really, but it's something I turn on once in a while when running because it relaxes me and fixes flaws in my form.

It never occured to me to include it my Qigong practice but, well, there ya go. Got some more stuff to experiment with now. Thank you Neijia for digging this out of the Taobums closet :)

Edited by soaring crane

Does this meditation have a full history? LOL I would also like to know more about this due to the fact that its a skeleton!

Is it a Daoist med if so what sect is it from?

WYG

Interesting. But can someone give a basic rundown of it so I can satisfy my curiosity without having to buy the e-book?

You basically visualize bones within your body one after another and then dissolve them until nothing of you remains and you go into stillness meditation. Don't rememeber the origin of this practice.

Max

You basically visualize bones within your body one after another and then dissolve them until nothing of you remains and you go into stillness meditation. Don't rememeber the origin of this practice.

Max

Cool, thanks Max! :D

I was just curious because this meditation seemed to be all the rage a few years ago here before my time...

Interesting to see how different techniques come and go like fads here.

So far reading all the different threads it seems like everyone is trying to get to stillness or void state using different visualizations, mantras, etc!

Vortex,

Your right there is many fads but Stillness/emptiness seems to have stuck around since the beginning huh?:)

I would like to see how The white skelo gets to give supernatural abilities?

Has anyone attained anything supernatural from this or heard of anyone??

WYG

Guest sykkelpump

Max

Sorry,but that is completly wrong.You visualize the whole skeleton until the picture are steady for one point concentration.That is the practice.you do this meditation.When and if you you reach samadhi,then you let your bones turn to dust and blow away,and stay in that emptyness remaining. This is the correct way,I emailed bodri about it.

I would like to see how The white skelo gets to give supernatural abilities?

Has anyone attained anything supernatural from this or heard of anyone??

WYG

I think Michael Jackson may be a secret practitioner.

mj_nose.jpgjacko2_npg_full.jpg

He does appear to be turning white, skeletal and dissolving...

Sorry,but that is completly wrong.You visualize the whole skeleton until the picture are steady for one point concentration.That is the practice.you do this meditation.When and if you you reach samadhi,then you let your bones turn to dust and blow away,and stay in that emptyness remaining. This is the correct way,I emailed bodri about it.

Yes, you are correct. I forgot to mention after you go over your every bone, you keep the picture of your whole skeleton as the point of concentration. The main point of this practice is not this visualization but the ending where you get dissolved. :lol:

Thanks for correcting me.