Sign in to follow this  
DalTheJigsaw123

Lets put together a basic Buddhism FAQ for beginners seeking advice

I don't think this is a good idea. It will turn into another debate as to why Buddhism is superior in every way.

I don't think this is a good idea. It will turn into another debate as to why Buddhism is superior in every way.

I think you're mistaking them for different debates, really it's just a few "Buddhists" who take every chance they can get to espouse the superiority of their beliefs. The debate never dies, it just sort of reaches out with its dark wispy tendrils and infests every place it can find.

Aaron

Edited by Twinner
  • Like 1

I think you're mistaking them for different debates, really it's just a few "Buddhists" who take every chance they can get to espouse the superiority of their beliefs. The debate never dies, it just sort of reaches out with its dark wispy tendrils and infests every place it can find.

Aaron

Good point! I was making a generalization where one is unnecessary. Thanks!

• Like 1

Good point! I was making a generalization where one is unnecessary. Thanks!

I think its a great idea to look on buddhist websites to look for buddhist ideas! Thats why I come to a Taoist website to explore and discuss Taoist ideas.

• Like 4

I think its a great idea to look on buddhist websites to look for buddhist ideas! Thats why I come to a Taoist website to explore and discuss Taoist ideas.

You do have a point there. Lots of Taoists like to practice Buddhist philosophy with their Taoist body and energy work though.

So... what to do? I do find that Taoism and Buddhism combine very well and it seems that lots of Taoist and Buddhist lineages of antiquity agree with this. Even if Western students of Taoism cannot see or understand why this can be so.

Maybe Sufism or Jainism are superior after all. :)

Transcending the ego and karma are the two most important battles the spiritual practitioner must face in their ever flowing stream of consciousness. The path you follow is irrelevant as long as they provide an answer to this primordial issue. Each to their own.

If the Tao that can be named is not the eternal Tao.. why do we as practitioners seem to be so intent on neatly boxing our practice into seperate catagories? When I was just starting out, I used to compartmentalize my work; "I will start off with Hua To qi gung, then I'm gonna do some Fa Chang, then some static postures, then I'm gonna circle walk for one hour, then some tai chi, then some zazen..." now, I just shut my head up and go play/practice. I used to get so hung up on the names I forgot to see what I was doing.

I can tell just by shaking it that this can is full of worms, and it makes me sad because worms aren't real food.. so I'm just gonna shut my stupid mouth and wish everyone a fullfilling and full practice that takes them to the light!!

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this