Marblehead

Taoist Philosophy - Series End

Well, that last thread, Conversations VII, was the last of this series.

The way I organized my chapters helped me a lot in better understanding the philosophy and I hope that what I have presented has helped others as well.

I have no problem with continuing to discuss any of the chapters I have presented. In fact, I welcome continued discussion.

Y'all take care and be well!

Edited by Marblehead

Nice series, Marbles! The discussions were wonderful.

I'm just finishing up with the Nei-Yeh too, the last chapter tomorrow.

I think I'll start inputting some of Lin Yutang's witticisms again in "The Importance of Living". He has a nice humorous way of saying really vital stuff.

I think I'll start inputting some of Lin Yutang's witticisms again in "The Importance of Living". He has a nice humorous way of saying really vital stuff.

Sounds great. Yes, I think it would be nice if we can keep series going relating to the philosophy of Taoism.

Hi Marblehead and Manitou!

You are both very much appreciated.

I enjoy pretty much all you've contributed

in both threads. It is members such as

yourselves that help to keep the rest of

us on a track that keeps us coming back to

where the Tao really is.

Inside all of us.

Okay - you plucked a metaphysical string, you rascal.

Inside all of us.

As in....we're a many armed creature of golden essence. Those in awareness realize we are all the same ball at the middle, the same essence within our bodies with only the appearance of separation. I ask you, Straw Dog and Marbles - whaddya think the chances are that the 90% of the brain that we "don't" use is actually our communal heritage, and our communal 90%'s are projecting out what we think we see?

I'm reading Alistair Conwell's Audible Life Stream right now. He indicates in one of his charts that a baby in utero spends its time dreaming. (How they figured that out is beyond me, but it actually makes sense). That would explain why a baby born today has the combined consciousness that he needs to meet today's needs, as opposed to a baby born 1000 years ago.

As Marbles would say....

Questions? Comments?

Edited by manitou

Oh, you enjoy getting all metaphysicaled out. Hehehe.

Not sure about how much of our brain we don't use. There are different opinions about that and I just don't know who to believe.

However, any 'unconscious' connectedness I will relate to the little I understand from Jung. But in what he suggests I assume that the connectedness is through the mother.