Sign in to follow this  
DalTheJigsaw123

Tocharians: Bringers of Buddhism (Video)

Ancient Greek and Chinese historians had long referenced a unique cultural and ethnic group with red or blonde hair and blue eyes since the 3rd century BCE, that settled Afghanistan and forged a vibrant Buddhist empire that spread Buddhism to much of the the world through China and India.

Mysterious 4,000-year-old mummies in the deserts of China with "white Europoid" features and clothing, Aryan Proto-Indo-European/Iranian

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXHTE7qcKyg&feature=player_embedded

I didn't see much evidence there. Those mummies could have been as East Asian as they could have been white from what I can see. Where does it say the original civilizers were blonde with blue eyes? I've never heard of this.

I don't really see more evidence of them being white than of being black

I didn't see much evidence there. Those mummies could have been as East Asian as they could have been white from what I can see. Where does it say the original civilizers were blonde with blue eyes? I've never heard of this.

I've heard of it.

I'm not racist though, and I don't really care where a great tradition comes from. Sure, Europeans probably did come to China, I mean come on. Just as your videos show that Africans came to China, and I'm sure they went to India as well. Vice Versa too.

We're all mixed up since pre-historic times.

Edited by Vajrahridaya

I don't really see more evidence of them being white than of being black

Well, based on appearances and modern DNA analysis, people of that region appear to have a shared ancestry from the Turkey/Iran region and the local Tarim Basin. The modern-day Uyghur inhabitants there also tend to look Eurasian:

Young_Uyghur_boy.jpg2842452790_e08e4e5358.jpg_uyghur_xinjiang_1.jpg_xinjiang_blueeyes_uyghur.jpg

I don't know how much influence they would have had on mainstream Chinese culture though - as this region is far removed in the farrrr NW corner... And the Uyghurs are also Muslim, not Buddhist, too.

Meanwhile, there is growing evidence that there were Chinese in the pre-Columbian Americas...

So, I think people are going to find that our global history is a lot more complex than currently thought...lol! :lol:

Sign in to follow this