InfinityTruth

What if every second we lived was fantastic?

"ticking away of the moments that make up a dull day" hit me really hard. What if every single second we enjoyed our life? My god. Would that not be cool? :lol:

A tough goal, but surely a noble goal. One that would make life the coolest thing in the world! I shall shee what comes of it. :ninja::D

EDIT: I've never consciously tried to be excited/happy about anything...! WTF have I been??!?! :huh:

I did not edit that. This thread is a fuckin liar! :D

I always feel weird editing my posts lol.

EDIT: My feeble attempt at being funny... :wacko:

Edited by InfinityTruth

There are rare times, in which I think we get to get a glimpse of that. Falling in love, going on vacation, hanging out with old friends, creating art, playing with kids... These moments are inspiring, to work towards making life more and more that kind of continual opening to joy. :wub:

I just so happen to be re-reading this at the moment:

http://www.amazon.com/Thief-Time-Terry-Pratchett/dp/0061031321/ref=sr_1_32?ie=UTF8&qid=1310194250&sr=8-32

Amazon.com Review

If you were helpless with laughter over Shanghai Noon, enjoy satirical British humor and terrible puns, or just need your Pratchett fix, grab this book. Unfamiliar with Terry Pratchett and his Discworld series? It's time to discover one of the funniest, most literate, and most thought-provoking authors writing today.

The Monks of History live in a Tibetan sort of area known as "enlightenment country." Their job: "to see that tomorrow happens at all." A mysterious Lady wants time-obsessed Jeremy Clockson to build a totally accurate glass clock. It will trap time and stop it, eliminating humanity's irritating unpredictability. This would make the Auditors, who observe the universe and enforce the rules governing it, very happy. It would also put Death out of a job, which the Grim Reaper isn't happy about.

Fortunately, the History Monks have encountered this situation before; in fact, Lu Tze, the Sweeper, has personally dealt with it before. Even better, he has a new, gifted apprentice, Lobsang Ludd, the "thief of time." This time, they'll stop trouble before it can start! To add chaos to the mix, there's the Fifth Horseman of the Apocalypse--the one who quit before they became famous.

Although there are 25 other Discworld novels and many of the characters appeared first in previous books, you don't need to have read even one to enjoy The Thief of Time. (If you're the sort of reader who hates to miss any references, you might want to track down a copy of The Discworld Companion.) As a bonus, this book is a painless introduction to what quantum physics says about the nature of time.

From Publishers Weekly

Here we go again! In the newest appealing installment of the Discworld series, Pratchett (The Truth) takes on religion, time and... kung-fu movies? The cast includes Death; Miss Susan, Death's granddaughter; Jeremy Clockson, a clockmaker; Lobsang, a novice monk; and Lu-Tze, a sweeper at the temple of the History Monks. When a mysterious lady asks Jeremy to make a clock that is perfectly timed (even to the last tick), trouble begins it seems that such a clock would have the power to stop time completely. There would be no yesterday, no tomorrow, no next minute; in fact, everything and everyone would stop in its tracks. It's up to Miss Susan, Lobsang and Lu-Tze to figure out who in the end has decided to build the dangerous clock and how to stop him before the world crashes to a halt. Along the way we learn Rule One: "Do not act incautiously when confronting a little bald wrinkly smiling man," which is a very good lesson to learn. We also find out that Lobsang has more in store for his future than to be an apprentice monk.

The story includes a quick nod to James Bond flicks with Qu, the monk who supplies gadgets to Lu-Tze and Lobsang, and at the end of Time the four (no, make that five) horsemen of the Apocalypse get to ride out for a jaunt. You don't need to catch all the in-jokes to enjoy the fun.

Then I'd say: Son you are ready to graduate! biggrin.gif

But until then lot of swaying ladders . wub.gif

"ticking away of the moments that make up a dull day" hit me really hard. What if every single second we enjoyed our life? My god. Would that not be cool? :lol:

A tough goal, but surely a noble goal. One that would make life the coolest thing in the world! I shall shee what comes of it. :ninja::D

I think we enjoy virtually every second of our lives.

We just take that for granted, we screen out the absolute wonder and beauty of existence and focus on the fears and disappointments. We are wired to focus on threats and opportunities, not the simple and subtle and nourishing fabric of life.

That's a given, it's always there. One day it won't be, and that's fine too, because everyone else will still be.

So it is truly as simply as pausing, in any moment, and simply marveling at life and existence for a moment and realizing that this experience is going on for everyone, all of the time.

Smell the roses, every chance you get!

:wub:

• Like 4

I think we enjoy virtually every second of our lives.

We just take that for granted, we screen out the absolute wonder and beauty of existence and focus on the fears and disappointments. We are wired to focus on threats and opportunities, not the simple and subtle and nourishing fabric of life.

That's a given, it's always there. One day it won't be, and that's fine too, because everyone else will still be.

So it is truly as simply as pausing, in any moment, and simply marveling at life and existence for a moment and realizing that this experience is going on for everyone, all of the time.

Smell the roses, every chance you get!

Very nice Steve,

A nightingale falls

in love with the Rose.

The whole affair begins

with just one look

from God.

Yunus Emre

Very nice Steve,

A nightingale falls

in love with the Rose.

The whole affair begins

with just one look

from God.

Yunus Emre

Beautiful!

God does not die on the day when we cease to believe in a personal deity, but we die on the day when our lives cease to be illumined by the steady radiance, renewed daily, of a wonder, the source of which is beyond all reason.

Dag Hammarskjold

Beautiful!

God does not die on the day when we cease to believe in a personal deity, but we die on the day when our lives cease to be illumined by the steady radiance, renewed daily, of a wonder, the source of which is beyond all reason.

Dag Hammarskjold