Sign in to follow this  

a heart-warming video.. and wtf?

a nice news program documenting a local qi-gong expert.

you know, this annoys me... because I have some serious, serious, hay-fever/seasonal allergies.. and I never could find any relief from meditation/qigongwhatever.

I guess it is totally possible that I just didn't do it enough...

...but I prefer to think that allergies are a unique illness.. instead of a cancer or virus or bacteria in my body.. it is my body itself over-reacting to things it regards as dangerous to my system...

does anyone have any qigong advice for allergies?? any anecdotes?? friends or neighbors, *anyone* ever hear of qigong curing allergies??

--and please, no 5 elemental or herbal advice. =p

I had fairly severe seasonal allergies that went away after I started standing. I wasn't in the midst of symptoms when I started, but by the time allergy season rolled around I had no problems. It also made it very easy for me to stop smoking.

However, I know of people who stand who still smoke or who still have allergies, so go figure. I still have back pain, though standing makes it much easier to tolerate.

generaly the problem is with your tripple warmer overreacting to a minor threat. The way to permanently remove this reaction is to retrain the tripple warmer... this involves setting off the alergy, then sedating the tripple warmer - setting off then sedating again several times... if you've got a good sense of communication with your meridians, you can then tell your tripple warmer that whatever is setting you off poses no real danger. Or you can use self hypnosis - such as the the allergy CD from Jack Elias... it will work better if you do the tripple warmer technique too.

I've heard that drinking raw milk can help as well as living with farm animals like pigs and cows. I've always wanted to care for a pig (at least a small pot bellied one). They are supposed to be very smart, clean and affectionate animals. They'll dig up your back yard of course but that's a small price to pay for companionship and allergy free life don't you think? :)

Bylaws in residential areas against keeping farm animals are of course a problem. And I'm not even sure that a pig could be comfortable if you live in an appartment. Hmmm.

does anyone have any qigong advice for allergies?? any anecdotes?? friends or neighbors, *anyone* ever hear of qigong curing allergies??

I would think it all depends on what form of qigong you practice, how you practice, how you learned it, etc.

Not saying this is your case at all, but I encounter many people that expect qigong to be a panacea from all the PR they hear / see about it.

It's just another tool...

Hopefully, this doesn't fall into the 5 Element or herbal category :D, but have you ever heard of / tried the "Water Cure"? It seems to help many allergy sufferers...

oh... I forgot to include the video.. lol.

unfortunately, barn-yard animals and a raw-diet are somewhat out of the question for the moment. ;) thanks, though...

--freeform, I am about as spiritually advanced as any other zombie you meet on the street-- thus, no real connection to the meridians. Very interesting about the triple-warmer-- never heard that one before. I will have to remember that. when it comes to TCM, I tried working with the more manifest of the elementals... foods, hot baths, that sort of thing. There was never any improvement =(

phil, what is the water cure? (surely not nasal irrigation? that doesn't work, either.)

phil, what is the water cure? (surely not nasal irrigation? that doesn't work, either.)

..., the Water Cure was developed by a Dr. Batmanghelidj (author of "Your Body's Many Cries for Water"). To my limited understanding of it, it simply involves the consumption of certain large amounts of water (touched up with a little sea salt) and the elimination of caffeine-based drinks.

Not sure what else is involved, but the Watercure website should help answer any questions you might have. Going purely by results, several of my students and patients have claimed (and seem to evidence) a complete turn-around in their symptoms and afflictions.

thats because I'm fucking lazy! hahahaha.....

I don't want to go into youtube to find it again.

go to youtube.com and search qigong local news, it shouldn't be too difficult to find. :)

Sign in to follow this