Sign in to follow this  
AstralProjectee

Can the taosit faith heal you?

Can the taosit or meditation faiths heal you? Like faith healing with some meditation. I'm not talking about healing as in herbs and medicine. I'm talking about faith healing. Asking Wu Chi, Jesus or who ever is in the higher power to heal me. As I understand you have to believe in your heart. People are actually doing this in Matrix Energetics.

I know Jesus can heal BTW.

Do the Taoist recognize this kind of healing.

Thanks.

Hehehe. I don't know about healing qualities but the philosophy will help one deal with the reality of reality.

(If you have a broken leg it will remain broken until it is healed. And then what you will have is a healed broken leg.)

I am not reffering to Qigong. I know Qigong can heal you.

Any strong faith can heal you. You can call it Taoism, Jesus, Steve or Joe Pesci. It's about strengthening your mind and spirit. If you concentrate on one thing for a long time (I mean years) your mind will become stronger - that doesn't mean that you will know how to use it in the right way though...you still have to learn qigong. For example a champion weightlifter is superstrong, yet he can still hurt his back while carrying a piano

• Like 1

IMO Taoism is a matter of philosophy rather than one of faith.

Sure, by practicing it one gains experience and insights, and this in turn helps shape ones opinions.

Yet, this has very little to do with faith as in organized religion.

(unless, of course, for those who treat Taoism as a religion rather than as a methoed of observing, questioning and drawing conclusions on the Way).

Maybe its the faith itself that heals not what you have faith in. Like in the the scientific trials where they give people sugar pills in a blind study and find people responding and they discount it saying its "just" placebo. But the whole placebo effect points to the power of mind and feeling working together and should be big news in itself. But it just gets marginalized.

"do you mean healing the physical body or healing the mind? "

Well, I think that's the point where "faith" crosses over both body and mind. If you have further experience of it 'working' then I guess that might clear things up for you (or maybe confound you further, depending;-))

Weird that lack of experiences doesn't seem to have the same effect...Anyway, I digress

And counter to that, mind can scr*w up body...

Beware, amateur practitioner speaking :-) IME/IMO the whole "energy cycle" of 'jing to qi to shen' in a human microcosm implies you can also return 'shen to qi to jing' - as the "way of Tao is return" - I read that here :) Except I've never had it return to a previous state (not exactly the same one!) It's an open system IME/IMO. I'm kind of rambling and not an authority on Taoism so I apologise for giving you just my experience.

So, anyway, whether you consider each of body/mind/spirit to be a 'form' of the other (I have a neat condensed milk analogy about that that no-one here listens to ;-)) or that you allow (through experience) that each can and does influence the other in very subtle ways (BTW if you try qi-gong or just breath exercises you will figure that stuff out very fast :-)) I reckon it's fair enough to have them (jing, qi, shen) all influence each other enough to give out some broad rules of thumb. Add to that that, some of them (jing,qi, shen) are super tweaked, very fine, look at acupuncture and what Ya Mu and co do :-)) And don't forget placebo :-) I think westerners tend to dismiss that one, but it's very interesting :-) IME/IMO

Of course, if you prefer, then you can just opt to get zapped and not get into the complexity :-)

well, Stigweard gave me a very good invocation called the Golden Light invocation of the QUanzhen school, and it's very good. Seems like a prayer now that I actually have recently come to realize it's depth of meaning.

Also, I think you have to do the Taoist practices with some bit of faith otherwise it wouldn't work as well.

But yea there are different schools which focus on different goals. Some focus on ceremony, others on breathing methods, others on alchemy, etc.

Edited by Non

well, Stigweard gave me a very good invocation called the Golden Light invocation of the QUanzhen school, and it's very good. Seems like a prayer now that I actually have recently come to realize it's depth of meaning.

Also, I think you have to do the Taoist practices with some bit of faith otherwise it wouldn't work as well.

But yea there are different schools which focus on different goals. Some focus on ceremony, others on breathing methods, others on alchemy, etc.

"Also, I think you have to do the Taoist practices with some bit of faith otherwise it wouldn't work as well."

I did/do most of the ones I learned "faithless" - only because my "faith" had been sorely tested by religious BS for such a long time. Being experimental (as in 'try and fail and try') about practices and perspectives gave/gives me a different idea/understanding of some of them (and some serious doubts about others, but anyway). Those ideas don't always line up with the explanations given by the masters but they do sometimes and do seem to "empirically" 'work' - which IMO/IME is far out :-)

jing to qi to shen and from shen to qi to jing, i left out shu , as i am not much of an expert either. but i am sure can go from shen back to jing

http://www.chemguide.co.uk/physical/equilibria/introduction.html#top

long ago i started experimenting by leaving "faith" out of the equation to try and come up with systems or process' that are "function" based.

whether i have faith or not, the function of the system works or not on its own accord.

there is the idea that faith alone can make something happen and much evidence to this.

it does not matter in what you have your faith in, it is having a faith that makes the thing work.

i also remind everyone we are now in 2011. in the 1990's scientists have already discovered ,

that by using the mind alone, one can heal oneself or one can make oneself ill.

one can lose weight by using the mind alone

one can build muscle by using mind alone etc etc (old news)

-K- i like the idea of try, fail, try again. i am big promoter of trial and error

rather than scientific method. and to clarify a bit. i do see usefulness in scientific method.

i am thinking about condensed milk and maybe will acquire some for further insight.

quantum philosophy like it or not , is the big deal real science of today, and has been the last century.

just for fun and a bit off topic , as i always like to plug my friend

http://creation.com/quantum-leap-of-faith

and to get back on topic (almost)(on or about 30 months ago) when i was about to grasp for my last dying breath,

it was not any faith, or any desire to keep living,

i had no thoughts about tao or taoists or buddha, jesus or anything , i was accepting death

but a taoist spirit did come visit and heal me and put me on this path i am currently on.

i usually try to stay silent about this but it was/is a very real event.

post-52446-131014462204_thumb.jpeg

edit>>

Edited by zerostao
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this