Sign in to follow this  
wan qiang

Liu Da Dao

Hi Bumz. I'm fortunate enough to have been introduced to Chinese Medicine at a young age, 20. I'll keep it short, I have taken John Changs principle of just sit down and meditate. However i want to know more about the various schools of nei kung, i stumbled upon The Six Great Paths:

Lei Shan Dao

Jin Dan Dao

Yang Shen Dao

Tong Ling Dao

Miao Tong Dao

Sha Mian Dao

And im curious if anyone can help me out with what they are and what they entail. I've also just been reading Warrior Sages by Kosta and im now confused, whats the difference between Qigong and Neikung?

Hi wan qiang,

There are many castles in the sky. If I remember correctly, John Chang could survive any type of car crash at will and dodge bullets by 'catching them with stomach'.

If you want to learn about "taoist alchemy" there are many books out there. Don't get me wrong: meditating is a great thing and I do it too, but there are better sources of inspiration than the Magus of Java. I just want to warn you that you're currently on a wild goose chase.

Maybe, if you could let people know what you are hoping to achieve you will receive more useful pointers. Just a thought and piece of advice that you might find useful even though it didn't answer your question.

• Like 1

Hi wan qiang,

There are many castles in the sky. If I remember correctly, John Chang could survive any type of car crash at will and dodge bullets by 'catching them with stomach'.

If you want to learn about "taoist alchemy" there are many books out there. Don't get me wrong: meditating is a great thing and I do it too, but there are better sources of inspiration than the Magus of Java. I just want to warn you that you're currently on a wild goose chase.

Maybe, if you could let people know what you are hoping to achieve you will receive more useful pointers. Just a thought and piece of advice that you might find useful even though it didn't answer your question.

Cheers very much for your reply. Yes ive read a few books on chigung and a few common themes have popped up such as a gradual progression from simply meditating to incorporating complicated breathing techniques. My main aim is to incorporate chigung healing in my practice as an acupuncturist, like hardcore qi healing, i just dont even know where to start or who to talk to :(.

Cheers very much for your reply. Yes ive read a few books on chigung and a few common themes have popped up such as a gradual progression from simply meditating to incorporating complicated breathing techniques. My main aim is to incorporate chigung healing in my practice as an acupuncturist, like hardcore qi healing, i just dont even know where to start or who to talk to :(.

what you're looking for is "medical qi gong." There's a few masters of it here, namely Ya Mu (instructor) and Master Sio. In the meantime, there's some stuff on youtube that might familiarize you with it a bit more

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1572962536605659291#

A really good author on the subject is Yang Jwing Ming.

Edited by Harmonious Emptiness

Hi wan qiang,

I think Harmonious Emptiness posted some very good pointers.

Additionally, I would recommend reading the book Qigong Empowerment by Liang, Shou-Yu and Wu, Wen-Cheng. It is really a book of five books covering medical qigong, taoist qigong, tantric buddhist qigong, healing and iron shirt qigong.

Keep in mind that qi is not qi.

Hmmm, so what does that mean? That the meaning of the word qi depends entirely on the context - sometimes it means energy, sometimes it means genetics, sometimes it means breath, sometimes it means healing (thought / intentional) energy - it can have many other meanings as well.

Just remember that no matter how high a level of "qi mastery" that some people may convince you they possess, we are all still bound by the natural laws in this physical realm. Stop reading and start laughing if you read about people defying gravity or moving objects using Star Wars-like mind tricks - as appealing as it may be, those are stories and special effects - and there are many combined charlatans and magicians out there who would love your dollar.

I wish you all the best in your studies. Feel free to pm me with questions along the way.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this