Hi,

First of all, sorry if this question sounds silly or out of context. I´m a beginner in Taoism and related knowledge. I hope you all understand that.

Some days ago I (finally) decided to get an account at The Tao Bums forum. I´ve been trying to learn Tai Chi (Yang Long Form) and knew through my master some information about the spontaneous adjustment qigong (with a different name) and practicing some related exercises he taught me. A little bit later, I discovered Kunlun and finally Jenny Lamb´s system. I´ve decided to get her DVD, but before doing so, I discovered the 8 Brocades by Dr. Yang Jwing-Ming and started to practice them.

Now that I have both methods (8 Brocades and Jenny Lamb´s) and want to maximize the benefits (at this time, my kidney energy is a bit low), I was thinking in combining them to practice, let´s say, 8 Brocades in the morning (both standing and sitting forms) and in the afternoon (5-7 PM) the Qigong for Self-Healing.

For what I´ve read so far, it seems that they don´t interfere with each other, but I want to hear your opinions / experiences regarding this.

Thanks in advance for all your wisdom.

Edited by matrod

Never mind. I´ll answer my own question, from Sifu Jenny Lamb´s website:

Question: I already practice 8 pieces of brocade sitting and standing sets, is it okay for me to also practice your spontaneous qigong along with my other exercises? The qigong i use now is very basic, just stretching really, but i just want to make sure it is compatible with your yigong system.

Answer by Sifu Jenny: In general, I don’t know all other practices, cannot make individual comparisons and don’t want to waste time on that. Life is short. Why waste time on every possible choice. Instead, choose one practice that works for you and stick with it, in order to use your limited life span to obtain the most benefit and achievement.

Of course, it is your own decision to choose whatever you want to practice. Please read my comment on combining energetic practices from Q & A. Fundamentally speaking, there is no problem to combine eight pieces of Brocade Qigong or any other basic practice with Yi Gong. Remember the general principle, which is to drop what is harmful and keep what is beneficial.

I hope this helps anyone in the same situation.

Cheers.

Edited by matrod

Damn!!! Jenny posted that question i asked her on the Q&A page :blush:

Edited by bamboo

I don't know Jenny Lamb's variant, but I would be surprised if it is not as great as the next one.

As you quote her saying: What's important is to stick to one and do it until you can to it while sleepwalking. After you have learned one to this extent, try the next variant or new system. Also, you should seek criticism on how your doing a form compares to how it should be done. Make sure that you get every detail right - chances are that you think you do, but you overlooked a couple of things...

NB Being good at qigong or tai chi does not necessarily make you a better taoist.

Happy training.

I don't know Jenny Lamb's variant, but I would be surprised if it is not as great as the next one.

As you quote her saying: What's important is to stick to one and do it until you can to it while sleepwalking. After you have learned one to this extent, try the next variant or new system. Also, you should seek criticism on how your doing a form compares to how it should be done. Make sure that you get every detail right - chances are that you think you do, but you overlooked a couple of things...

NB Being good at qigong or tai chi does not necessarily make you a better taoist.

Happy training.

I completely agree with your opinion. Stick to one practice and enjoy practicing it. Change what is necessary and no more. I shall remind me of this more often ;)

Thanks!