manitou

Nei Yeh chapter 21 - "As for the life of all human beings"

CHAPTER 21

As for the life of all human beings:

The heavens brings forth their vital essence,

The earth brings forth their bodies.

These two combine to make a person.

When they are in harmony there is vitality;

When they are not in harmony there is no vitality.

If we examine the Way of harmonizing them,

Its essentials are no visible,

Its signs are not numerous.

Just let a balanced and aligned (breathing) fill your chest

And it will swirl and blend with your mind,

This confers longevity.

When joy and anger are not limited,

You should make a plan (to limit them).

Restrict the five sense-desires;

Cast away these dual misfortunes.

Be not joyous, be nor angry,

Just let a balanced and aligned (breathing) fill your chest.

• Like 1

The first thing this made me think of is the threesome aspect of the ancient Chinese way of looking at things: heaven, earth, man. We're in the middle, we're the conduit through which the alignment is realized.

It's tempting to view this chapter as one for meditative purposes only. actually, I'm sure a wonderful meditative experience can be had right after contemplating this chapter; particularly the part about restricting the five sense-desires and the illusion of dualism. But the thing this also brings to mind is that we can take this deep purifying breath and aligned thought into us wherever we are, whatever we're doing. It takes no time at all to Stop, to breathe in with awareness, realizing we're part and parcel of everything we see. That the person we're angry at is actually just another phase of Us. When awareness and love is infused into the situation, the situation changes.

When it says 'do not be joyous, do not be angry', I guess the ideal of the Sage would be to be in the non-attached mindset. To take all things as they are, not as we think they should be. As it says in the TTC, to see something in its entirety, view it without emotion. To experience things, the emotions must be felt from the inside out. As for everyday walking around, it's a lot easier and a lot less energy-reducing to stay in a non-judgmental mindset. Days when I can actually do this are absolute things of beauty.

• Like 1

It is saying that "life" is a combination of our vital essence or spirit and the physical body. Like a nexus where the two combine and intermingle as one. I would relate the vital essence toward the creative aspects of thinking that exist with in our brain and the logic to be related to the body aspect being described here. There is only a single point in your brain that these can meet, that is the third eye. (numinous)

The numinous accord is the frequency that has been correlated to the third eye, which is at 963 Hz :

Interesting, Informer. I don't know if you participated in our recent thread about earth music (I think maybe you did?). Your video on the 3rd eye numinous accord is similar to that thread in that once again, the underlying chord is the key of B. There may be nothing to do one with the other, but I noticed on a recent walk that honeybees drone in the key of B. The next day I noticed that all the other squaking, squeaking, and buzzing beasts were all expressing in some variation of the key of B; whether it be a 5th, or a 3rd; (those beasties which I could actually assign a viable note to). But the fact remained that on that particular day, there was a beautiful harmonious B chord which included all the participants, whether flying or crawling.

I wonder if one relates to the other? Possibly not, because someone else chimed in (maybe you?) that in the European zones the earth music is in a different key - maybe G? Can't remember at the moment....

So after listening to that sustained chord in the vid, has my terciary optical device been realigned in some way? :huh:

I think it is more to help focus at that point. If you do it and feel pressure or like magnetic interference inside your head, then I think its likely related to calcification. (It might help to break up the calcification, considering the properties of vibrations can effect physical elements, like highs that can shatter wine glasses etc. , but just speculation)

Edited by Informer

I've been noticing a few posts about calcification of the pineal gland lately - I know nothing about this. How does this manifest in us and what do we notice?