mewtwo

Ask me questions?

So um yeah i was thinking that some of you guys could ask me questions to kind of test my knowldge and such. Mabye humble me in what all i dont know.

Thanks

What kind of questions?

Surely you aren't expecting questions about your sexuality?

And doesn't this make three questions?

If you truly want to wrestle with a good question, it is one you ask yourself - unremittingly, unapologetically, and unceremoniously.

Who Am I?

There is really no need for any other question.

• Like 1

Why are seekers resistant to what is?

Do you agree or disagree that no-mind is the only path to Truth?

If you truly want to wrestle with a good question, it is one you ask yourself - unremittingly, unapologetically, and unceremoniously.

Who Am I?

There is really no need for any other question.

Does i am that i am count as a answer or that i am the divine and the divine is me count?

nice offer.

Q: Is the body really [ultimately] solid? (I guess akin to 'who am I' in some way)

Why are seekers resistant to what is?

Do you agree or disagree that no-mind is the only path to Truth?

I dont really understand your first question but um on your second I agree to disagree. no mind or mushin as the japanese would call it is one of many paths to truth but one could argue that all paths involve no-mind just different terms for it.

On your third one taking credit is good and bad as for a cause i would say karmic conditions. On one hand taking credit meens you will get some reward phisicaly mabye but on the other hand not taking credit meens you might get a spiritual reward.

nice offer.

Q: Is the body really [ultimately] solid? (I guess akin to 'who am I' in some way)

Scientifcal speaking no we are made up of air.

In everyday life yes it is.

To an enlightened being mabye somewhere in the middle. not completly solid not completly unsolid. because where one body ends another begins.

So um yeah i was thinking that some of you guys could ask me questions

along the lines of "Who Am I?" - "What has changed since 2007?"

Does i am that i am count as a answer or that i am the divine and the divine is me count?

Define those words - show me the reality behind the images they evoke.

Scientifcal speaking no we are made up of air.

No we are not. It is not what "we are made of" it is something that exists in space around us, a mixture of gases.

You need to dig much deeper than either of those answers.

At each level, make sure your terms are clearly defined and then ask, who is asking the question?

along the lines of "Who Am I?" - "What has changed since 2007?"

Alot tons actualy but do you really want to hear me say that i have had some kenshos and such or should i just leave it at that i have matured both phisicaly and spiritualy?

I dont know if i should or should not tell my story of how i got to where i am today. I wana stay as humble as possible and such but on the other hand i do want to tell it. if anyone really wants to know just say so i will make a post about it.

Define those words - show me the reality behind the images they evoke.

No we are not. It is not what "we are made of" it is something that exists in space around us, a mixture of gases.

You need to dig much deeper than either of those answers.

At each level, make sure your terms are clearly defined and then ask, who is asking the question?

Well i am that i am was kind of a throw away quote, but the i am the divine and the divine is me, well that one is harder. Well the reality i can show you is that you have inside of you what you need all you have to do is call it out. like it says in the tao te ching the true tao can not be named so if i go and try and explain this it is unexplainable it just is the divine.

Well i am that i am was kind of a throw away quote, but the i am the divine and the divine is me, well that one is harder. Well the reality i can show you is that you have inside of you what you need all you have to do is call it out. like it says in the tao te ching the true tao can not be named so if i go and try and explain this it is unexplainable it just is the divine.

If there is a need inside us but we have it and just have to call it out, then there is some separation going on in the explanation. So I understand why you started with 'I am the divine and the divine is me' since I assume you were trying to show no separation. I won't belabor this line further. I'll follow up with.

What is the relationship between the The Great One, Wuji, Divine, Shen, Dao, and Qi (all these are often touted some universal something-or-other? And is there something else you would put in the mix to describe your view of it all? (I am just leaving it open that you may expand my question as you want). Thanks :)

Edited by dawei
  • Like 1

If there is a need inside us but we have it and just have to call it out, then there is some separation going on in the explanation. So I understand why you started with 'I am the divine and the divine is me' since I assume you were trying to show no separation. I won't belabor this line further. I'll follow up with.

What is the relationship between the The Great One, Wuji, Divine, Shen, Dao, and Qi (all these are often touted some universal something-or-other? And is there something else you would put in the mix to describe your view of it all? (I am just leaving it open that you may expand my question as you want). Thanks :)

There are many names for the same moutain.

So um yeah i was thinking that some of you guys could ask me questions to kind of test my knowldge and such. Mabye humble me in what all i dont know.

Thanks

Don't worry about how much you know. The Tao Teh Ching warns that knowledge is the stumbling block to true awareness. Empty your cup and allow yourself to be filled, daily, then you can truly begin to learn.

Aaron

• Like 3

Alot tons actualy but do you really want to hear me say that i have had some kenshos and such or should i just leave it at that i have matured both phisicaly and spiritualy?

I often like to look back, read old journals, and contemplate what has changed, what hasn't ...... and what's doing the contemplating :)

It's more an "exercise" that I like to do "myself" but for the purpose of this thread I'd agree with matured physically and spiritually (and add that you are also more confident)

Thanks

you don't know what you don't know. the older you get hopefully you understand more that you really don't know anything at all. so forget what you know now and cultivate humbleness.

What is it that you want to learn from the questions?

You said you wanted them to humble you, and that you wanted to grow. Are you feeling overconfidence and want someone to humble you by showing how little you know (since we all know relatively nothing that could be explained, and it's an error to believe otherwise)?

Are you looking for someone to tell you how far along you are by the content of your response?

looking for a humble xperience but this thread kind of did the opposite. also i was looking for someone who could give me a rating as to how far i have come but i think that comes down to me to do that.

looking for a humble xperience but this thread kind of did the opposite. also i was looking for someone who could give me a rating as to how far i have come but i think that comes down to me to do that.

Hello Mewtwo,

I think you're still where you were at the beginning. This isn't meant to be derogatory, but rather you are as close now to where you should be as you will ever be, so keep doing what you're doing and let the cards fall where they fall, but don't be afraid to draw a card, just be aware of what you've drawn so far.

Aaron

Edited by Twinner

Hello Mewtwo,

I think you're still where you were at the beginning. This isn't meant to be derogatory, but rather you are as close now to where you should be as you will ever be, so keep doing what your doing and let the cards fall where they fall, but don't be afraid to draw a card, just be aware of what you've drawn so far.

Aaron

:)

extra credit

What is the cause of "taking credit"?

I think this was a good one but not answered.

What area are you cultivating in? Philosophical? Meditation? Chi Kung?

Most of your answers so far, to be perfectly honest, have been as short and non-descript as possible. Rather than saying something like "All of the above", describe what you mean, go into detail rather than using ready-made words that say everything in two words. Can you get into details with this stuff using some descriptions and images? Because using these throw away two word answers is like using cake mix + 1 egg to bake a cake -- you might have put it in the oven but it doesn't show how well you can bake a cake. It just shows that you know how to make a ready-made cake. Tasty as it may be, it's hardly your cake, and hardly evidence of much accomplishment (since you're not just looking for reassurance. And yes, this response is proof of callousness rather than wisdom, but you seemed to request it this way :blush: ).

Edited by Harmonious Emptiness
  • Like 2

looking for a humble xperience

Be humbled

Also Steve mentioned the question "Who are you?" This is a very important question.

-You may also profit from reading some koans. I have found them quite useful. http://www.amazon.com/Zen-Flesh-Bones-Collection-Writings/dp/0804831866/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1309845412&sr=1-2

Peace

Edited by OldGreen