Sign in to follow this  

jasmuheen-- 2007 tao garden dark-room retreat

this is from her website, about her fourth book:

"Since 1993 Jasmuheen has received all her nourishment and vitamins from prana and has no need to take food. This book also covers immortality and tools to stop the aging process. "

holy shit, she's an immortal. (I don't care what anyone says, if you're living off chi, you're immortal.) that's more than chia can say.. I've never heard he ever made the jump to the prana-diet. ...in fact, I don't think I have heard of anyone alive currently claiming this.. except for a somewhat questionnable article at cnn.com...

wow....just wow.... bodri talks about it in his books... don't recall in real-live references, though!

has anyone any experience with her? is this true-- that she is .. what's the word...uh.. well, that she doesn't need food anymore? (for over a decade??)

she's leading the 2007 dark-room retreat, tao garden. (I wish I could afford it... the 2 grand or so for the flight alone is already too expensive...)

her website is cheesy, but I guess I still kind of appreciate it.

this is from her website, about her fourth book:

"Since 1993 Jasmuheen has received all her nourishment and vitamins from prana and has no need to take food. This book also covers immortality and tools to stop the aging process. "

holy shit, she's an immortal. (I don't care what anyone says, if you're living off chi, you're immortal.) that's more than chia can say.. I've never heard he ever made the jump to the prana-diet. ...in fact, I don't think I have heard of anyone alive currently claiming this.. except for a somewhat questionnable article at cnn.com...

wow....just wow.... bodri talks about it in his books... don't recall in real-live references, though!

has anyone any experience with her? is this true-- that she is .. what's the word...uh.. well, that she doesn't need food anymore? (for over a decade??)

she's leading the 2007 dark-room retreat, tao garden. (I wish I could afford it... the 2 grand or so for the flight alone is already too expensive...)

her website is cheesy, but I guess I still kind of appreciate it.

Ive been feeling fairly passive lately,but this has got the fires going again :P

This person was actually tested on Australian tv several years ago.She actually attempted to go without ANY food or water,& in a few days was looking VERY ill indeed.She kept at it & started to become incoherent,as well as gaunt,withered ,pale etc. Eventually,the test was stopped when the tv show was told they would be legally liable for her impending collapse.

The topic had come up after a few deaths connected with her books.

She IS NOT an immortal,she eats & drinks on a daily basis(but only because she enjoys it,she claims,not because she needs to).But it would seem that she actually believes herself to be such!!!! SHE IS DELUDED.and the absolute confidence of the deluded can be quite compelling.

I defy ANYONE to come up with proof that she has acheived this VERY testable,VERY tangible,easily verified state of being.

Yours with joyful belligerence,Cloud :lol::lol::lol::lol:

This person was actually tested on Australian tv several years ago.She actually attempted to go without ANY food or water,& in a few days was looking VERY ill indeed.She kept at it & started to become incoherent,as well as gaunt,withered ,pale etc. Eventually,the test was stopped when the tv show was told they would be legally liable for her impending collapse.

Thanks, Cloud.

On her website she claims that the experiment with "60 minutes" Australian crew to go without food and water for 8 days was stopped because after 5 days they realized she could actually do it. Although it may be true, it feels like another deluted BS.

Even if a person has bigu, it doesn't mean s/he is an immortal of any kind.

edit: her Darkroom Diary E-book

Edited by Smile

Vinny Pinto believes that Hira, the sungazing guru, is a near-inedian but still thinks the guy is an idiot.

Mothers who remark that their kids don't eat are often spot on. My kids eat but I have neices and a nephew who literally do not eat. I measure their calorie intake from time to time and it's most impressive. I wish this phenomenon would be scientifically studied. I think fasting helps kids maintain their high vibe while eating crap. Plus all that prenatal chi, of course. Everyone starts pulling in more prana once they reduce their calorie intake. Like all those dieting hell stories... I know a grown woman who eats one can of tuna a day and a good multivite/mineral and that's it. I forget if that's in oil or not. It would have to be.

I knew one Chi gung teacher who claimed and I believed him that he hadn't eaten food in ten years. it turned out he'd eat soups, lots of soups with long cooked veggies.

So, take some claims with a bit of salt and broth.

Michael

The thing is,Im actually quite open minded on the whole possibility for radical physical transformation,Im up for considering the possibility of ANYTHING,but Jasmuheen ( how did she get the name,I bet her mum didnt call her that !!) is such an obvious failure on this score!

I do suspect that as long as we have a meat body it will be needing conventional fuel to a greater or lesser degree,& Im not as disapointed with this state of affairs as some seem to be ( I like food) :D .So I would think any bodily immortality trip involves the flesh becoming light ,or something equally funky.I think thats supposed to happen in Dzogchen,isnt it? I think its mentioned in one of Namkhai Norbu's books.

So Im open to the idea in some form,but ultimately ,I will only believe it if I see it.Boring little fucker,aint I :lol:

Regards,Cloud.

I find it quite interesting to observe my reactions. Because when Jasmuheen comes up, I think "nutter".

Yet I was quite happy to accept that article "Healing Dao goes Breatharian" on Michael Winn's site, and when Ron Diana told a class about a friend of his who'd gone bigu for a while I had no problem with that either.

I think it's just that Jasmuheen has no sense of, well, rigour. No real practice to offer, no atmosphere of achievements achieved over time. Which is not to say that wonderful things can't happen spontaneously, but ....

And Mantak Chia turning the dark room retreat over to her is about the last nail in the coffin of my respect for him. I was very edgy about her being there as a guest, but as the star? The program notes seem quite revealing to me. There was something about (roughly) "going with whatever is brought up by the collective divinity". As far as I'm concerned that's English for "Make it up as you go along!"

Whatever happened to daoist alchemy?

Sign in to follow this