Sign in to follow this  
mewtwo

A game for the gods?

So um i have been contemplating games as a path to god. Given that we are humans with human limits, but that we are also the divine. If you had to come up with a game what would the game look like? Now I know there is Weichi or Go but um how about we be original.

In my game i would have a chess based game with a bit of random throwen in like a dice roll. the pieces would be black and white and on the intersections they would move. there would also be a drop rule like in Shogi. I am not quite sure how i would put the dice in.

But yeah just some thoughts i have been having lately.

Hi mewtwo,

I am a bit rusty with all this new games :P ,I know of chess out of all you have mentioned.

For me all of life is like a game anyways so I am busy playing it and pretending.Most complex uncomplex game ever.

OK if I had to invent something I dont know..it would be something funny,like seemingly impossible accomplishments(this makes sense to me ,but am not sure if it is articulated well),where players would have to have a go at what is required of them to accomplish no matter what the outcome is.

Edited by suninmyeyes

I have been playing dungeons and dragons for years. Recently my d&d group decided to try out a new paradigm. We currenly have three players. We are all three playing the role of dungeon master. This allows us to work together to write the story and create the campaign world.

We all three have also introduced heroic characters into the campaign to be a force of good in the world. During the campaign we guide the heroes through a series of situations where they must face and purify the evil forces in their world. The situations are designed to drive the heroes into greater levels of courage and inner strength.

To make heroes suitable for this task, we designed characters that do not seek to exploit the world in any way ( a concept i have encountered in tao philosophy). The characters are concerned with serving the gods (divine forces of good in the world) and developing themselves.

Characters that seek to rise to political power, build massive corporations or just sit around to stew in their own fear and be controlled simply are not the heroes in our world. They play bit parts at most.

Most of the game occurs within the imagination and is expressed through roleplaying.

The actual gameplay is actually a bit like chess with dice incorporated. :)

D&D 3.5 rules

Have fun. Be heroes.

Edited by phore

Cool I like the idea of rpgs now that I think about it. The person assumes a role of a godlike figure. How very I am the divine and the divine is me aspect.

Greek gods manipulated mortals, caused wars in the mortal world, sided with champions, built them up, watched them fall, and had sex with pretty much anything that moved. If it didn't move, they would turn it into something that did move and then have sex with it.

Then they would party and have more sex and fight over whose father was who.

Sounds like just being a god was a party in and of itself :P If ever they "role played" it was as a mortal.

Here's what comes to me. Its more a simulation then a game. It could only be 'played' on computer. I see a 3 dimensional grid. A box in the middle surrounded on all sides by other boxes. In the middle is the core. The sides of the core are body, mind, spirit, environment. Each of those might be a conglomerate of 10 or 20 boxes. Those subdivided.

Environment, early, later, now. A box with friends. For example you'd fill the Friend box with names, pictures, emotions and stories. You decorate free form. What would be in the God Box? Childhood box. They'd spring up like mind maps, but very freeflowing with pictures and links.

There's no winning, there's only knowing and self discovery.

Sign in to follow this