Immortal4life

Do you think we are Alone in the Universe?

Eh, I'm of the opinion that earth is the only planet with any intelligent life on it and if there is anything else on other planets the creatures are not human-like and aren't evolved like humans are. I have nothing concrete to base those opinions on but it's just how I've always looked at the universe as a whole, I just think that if there was concrete proof of other beings alive in the world that we would know of it it by now instead of National Inquirer photo's and whatnot.

"Then again, I used to put a lot of energy into Kali devotion, as I just love her as a Goddess. When I took up extensive fasting and doing puja's she would appear in my room and dance for me. I would be riveted with ecstasy, every drop of blood falling from her tongue would nearly destroy me.

But then one day as I felt her coming on, I felt a subtle kind of wrenching from my balls and deep abdomen and it felt as if her Image [she seemed real] was somehow chucked out from within me... It was not quite the same after that, as I felt I was witnessing a part of my self."

Right, something similar happened here...but was it the practices themselves??? I wasn't worshipping her but she turned up anyway.

Maybe the aliens are just waiting for enough people to put enough energy into them appearing. Alright that sounds weird. But anyway, mass hypnosis, doesn't that happen every time you turn on the TV?

• Like 1

When I consider the size of the universe and the number of stars and planets it contains, I suspect there is plenty of intelligent life out there. In terms of why we have not yet found evidence or made contact, I have no clue. The truth remains to be seen.

Question - given the "footprint" we currently have in the universe, how close would another civilization of our level of technological advancement need to be to detect us?

When I consider the size of the universe and the number of stars and planets it contains, I suspect there is plenty of intelligent life out there.

Agree.

However as far as i can tell there isn't much intelligent life on earth :)

Eh, I'm of the opinion that earth is the only planet with any intelligent life on it and if there is anything else on other planets the creatures are not human-like and aren't evolved like humans are. I have nothing concrete to base those opinions on but it's just how I've always looked at the universe as a whole, I just think that if there was concrete proof of other beings alive in the world that we would know of it it by now instead of National Inquirer photo's and whatnot.

There is nothing wrong with that view point, even if some people believe it is illogical based on how large the Universe is.

The fact remains it hasn't been proven that there are other intelligent beings out there.

When I consider the size of the universe and the number of stars and planets it contains, I suspect there is plenty of intelligent life out there. In terms of why we have not yet found evidence or made contact, I have no clue. The truth remains to be seen.

Question - given the "footprint" we currently have in the universe, how close would another civilization of our level of technological advancement need to be to detect us?

I don't know, but that's a good question.

It ties into the question I posed in the OP....is it possible to travel at speeds fast enough to reach other planets with life within a human lifetime? of course, we don't know how long aliens live.....

There is nothing wrong with that view point, even if some people believe it is illogical based on how large the Universe is.

The fact remains it hasn't been proven that there are other intelligent beings out there.

I dare to put my own life on the line here that there is. I have seen other intelligent creatures out there. I was on a boat when I saw these highly intelligent creatures. Some guy was with me and he called them dolphin and whale. He was actually shocked that I've never seen it before. He claimed that these creatures were actually more intelligent then humans and had a more complex way of communicating. That they could dream while still awake and stuff like that.

The reason why we never discovered these intelligent creatures is because they're in the water so often! Not only that, its hard to communicate with them. I was like "we come in peace!" and that dolphin did not even hear me! I can not shout harder them that.

We've got to find a way to talk with these intelligent creatures. Perhaps they can share tales with us of aditional intelligent creatures that live even deeper perhaps. I got really excited when I found out we're not the only intelligent creature in the universe :)

Try asking fishermen or captains of a ship, they will tell you the same thing I did.