MassTaoism

Meditation on the beach.

One of my favorite things in the world is hearing the sound of the ocean and the sweet crash of the waves against the rocks, since I'm going to be on vacation starting tomorrow I figured I would take the time to meditate by the ocean and let go of my troubles and find tranquility through deep meditation by one of the most relaxing places that I know of. I'm really excited for this and I was actually wondering how many of my fellow taoists meditate by the beach or ocean as a part of their normal routine?

I will not be very active over the next several days so I just wanted to say thanks for everything everone does here at the Tao Bums and I look forward to coming back and discussing my thoughts on experiencing meditation by beachside.

Take care!

Oh I am with you on this,meditation on beach is so heavenly .Beach and sea and ocean is just the best and so fullfilling.The sound ,the sight ,the smell,everything.It is my goal to live somwhere warm by the beach in the years to come...

I like to do a specific meditation at the beach...

Step 1: Take some goggles and go underwater, with your back at the bottom so that you're facing the surface of the water.

Step 2: Blow bubbles and catch them in your hands.

That's it. It's a really different view of things. :D

• Like 1

I like to do a specific meditation at the beach...

Step 1: Take some goggles and go underwater, with your back at the bottom so that you're facing the surface of the water.

Step 2: Blow bubbles and catch them in your hands.

That's it. It's a really different view of things. :D

That sounds great!

I love the beach, and usually make it to Santa Monica beach, twice a week or so. We sword fight there, and I do all of my contact staff there, as well. Every Sunday, there's a great congregation of balance and movement people: stuntmen, capoeira-istas, gymnasts, hand balancers and acro balance practitioners. What a great influence!

Something wonderful about being near the ocean. I love seeing the sun set over the bay, the water growing silvery, and then fiery orange.

I like playing at the surf, being chased by incoming waves, and then following them out again, ready to turn tail and get chased. I love running in wet sand.

One of my favorite things in the world is hearing the sound of the ocean and the sweet crash of the waves against the rocks, since I'm going to be on vacation starting tomorrow I figured I would take the time to meditate by the ocean and let go of my troubles and find tranquility through deep meditation by one of the most relaxing places that I know of. I'm really excited for this and I was actually wondering how many of my fellow taoists meditate by the beach or ocean as a part of their normal routine?

I will not be very active over the next several days so I just wanted to say thanks for everything everone does here at the Tao Bums and I look forward to coming back and discussing my thoughts on experiencing meditation by beachside.

Take care!

My meditation is very productive at the beach.

There is something about the environment that I can totally dissolve into.

Also, being at the beach for me generally means vacation so I have a lot more time for meditation.

Meditate on the beach sound good for once awhile. I am not sure is the salt vapor by the ocean is good for the lungs or not. However, my favorite place for meditation was under my lemon tree. When I breathe, I feel the lemon fragrance permeated in my respiratory system which makes me feel so refreshing. :)

Take care!

During the full moon I like to meditate at the beach. I love feeling the energy rise up from the earth and entering my body. I love feeling the pulsing of the yin energy while taking a moon bath.

One of my favorite exercises is to stretch out time. I like to listen for the wave and stop it from falling and rolling up to the beach. Time slows down and all I hear is one long continuous rolling of the wave. I dont hear it break on the surf until I speed up my perception of time.

Drink in deep the moon cream.

I love to do a 'listening' meditation at the beach, where no one sound is given any weight over the other. The sound of the rolling waves is just as important as the sound of the seagull pulling bags out of the trash can behind you. Or the man hollering at his dog over there to the left. It almost feels like you're in the middle of an atom, particularly when you feel the warmth from the sand come up into your body and smell the salt air. It's so very easy to Love each and every thing at the beach during meditation.

I love meditation on the beach, but dont get the opportunity often - and heck, most times I have, I've sat there and after a few minutes I realize its REALLY windy out here...

:lol:

Well, I'm back from vacation and I really enjoyed my stay at the beach and I made sure to get in a couple of really good bouts of meditation, it was relaxing and quite healing in a way. The first period of meditation took place in the evening, around 7:00, and I sat on a rock overlooking the ocean and meditated for about 20 minutes, when I was done I read the first 10 entries in the Tao Teh Ching. The 2nd period of meditation took place at night on the same rock overlooking the great sea, I did about 15 minutes of meditation and read another 10 entries of Master Laozi's Tao Teh Ching. When I was done I sat there and stares at the half moon and thought about some great people I once knew who are no longer around, people like my father and a close friend of mine who passed last year due to addiction to heroin. I cried a little bit when I was done and felt vulnerable, but I felt good after a while and somewhat cleansed in many ways.

Edited by MassTaoism