Sign in to follow this  
GrandTrinity

Lam Kam Chuen

I am now reading his Chi Kung: Way of Power and find it very very useful. Warriors of Stillness, on the same subject of standing meditation/zhangzhuan/yi chuan... was a lot less clear than this.

Too bad he only teaches in Europe and not America. He also doesnt offer his video in NTSC!

He has a number of other books out, on Chi Kung, Tea Drinking, Standing, Tai Chi, Feng Shui and Food...has anyone read any? Should one get Way of Energy if they have Way of Power?...

The other books are very good but there is a lot of overlap. His everyday 15 minute chi kung book is good too. I actually got the European video tape and reformated it so I could watch it. It is also very nice. You get a bit of that cute "Rinpoche" vibe from him--he's a happy boy. That's the best part, seeing what he's like in person. Otherwise, it's just about people saying how much standing has helped them and him going through the basic postures and warmups that he covers in the books. As there isn't much motion, the video isn't vital in that respect. If I could find it, I'd send you a copy but I haven't seen it around in awhile. Lam Kam Chuen is a fantastic resource.

I've only read his standing books and I think his fengsui book. The fengsui was okay but not as way cool as the standing books. If you had taken the time to hunt down warriors of stillness, you might need to go the extra mile and reformat the vid.

GT, I would get "Way of Energy" first, as that seems to be the essential book about his zhanzhuang system. Way of power I think goes into some of the same material and then adds more visualisation exercises and ideas about healing.

I bought Way of Energy and have never regretted it, it is almost too simple but contains everything you need to know! I've actually taught myself zhanzhuang from this book, and now I'm looking for someone more trained to chech my postures to see if i've been doing things right. People say that oooh, you can train in a wrongful manner and then you have to start from scratch etc. etc.. But if you have some degree of sensing chi and way to feel when your body is connected or not, I think it is hard to go too far astray if you follow all the details.

I am now reading his Chi Kung: Way of Power and find it very very useful. Warriors of Stillness, on the same subject of standing meditation/zhangzhuan/yi chuan... was a lot less clear than this.

Too bad he only teaches in Europe and not America. He also doesnt offer his video in NTSC!

He has a number of other books out, on Chi Kung, Tea Drinking, Standing, Tai Chi, Feng Shui and Food...has anyone read any? Should one get Way of Energy if they have Way of Power?...

You can get a universal dvd player at best buy for thirty bucks. It will play pal and ntsc. It works well too.

Sign in to follow this