Sign in to follow this  
thaddeus

How would you stop Terrorism

If you were the 'emperor of the world', how would you stop terrorism?

Especially using taoist principles..how could it be done?

One model could be, imagine the earth as an 'organ' of some sorts and the all the living things as individual cells. Terrorists could be like what...a cancer, a virus, an infection??

It would be cool to see interesting views on this and proposed ways to deal with it..

T

I would give every man a woman, like the one Plato posted in the other topic, so their mind wouldn`t be on terrorism but somewhere else. :)

You can look at it as if adding yin to extreme yang. :P

(can`t make a more serious answer, woke up a little while ago)

Oops, my mistake. Cameron posted the pics, Plato is the one who likes them. :lol:

Edited by Pero

I would give every man a woman, like the one Plato posted in the other topic, so their mind wouldn`t be on terrorism but somewhere else. :)

You can look at it as if adding yin to extreme yang. :P

(can`t make a more serious answer, woke up a little while ago)

Oops, my mistake. Cameron posted the pics, Plato is the one who likes them. :lol:

Word up! When every man is getting his sexual fantasies fulfilled, there will be NO violence! :D

Word up! When every man is getting his sexual fantasies fulfilled, there will be NO violence! :D

yeah, until somebody wants someone else's...or somebody wants more..or feels someone else doesn't deserve it..etc.

but there is a grain of truth in that if a terrorist somehow fell in love with one of his target groups, i'm sure he/she would have a different opinion..love does that, no?

T

yeah, until somebody wants someone else's...or somebody wants more..or feels someone else doesn't deserve it..etc.

but there is a grain of truth in that if a terrorist somehow fell in love with one of his target groups, i'm sure he/she would have a different opinion..love does that, no?

T

True, desire tends to produce more desire and pretty soon we may have some other form of unrest, but probably not to the degree that we have today?

People have to have some sense of peace, love, harmony in there life first. I don't have any clue what life is like for a terrorits so it's almost impossible for me to try to figure out how someone who has gone through what a terrorist has gone through to get them to where they are at to do what they want to do. Same goes for the billionaire tycoons of the world. I really have no way of saying what is right or wrong from that vantage point.

You have to just start locally and cultivate peace in yourself and with friends, nieghbors. The emperor of the world concept would never work because again you would be forcing people to do something against there will that they want to do.

Best thing you can do is cultivate peace within yourself and community, then maybe one day you will have an effect on one child who would have grown up to be a terrorist or killer but your sense of peace or love had an effect on them to change the decisions they make in life.

War is definetly not the answer. And Ime not sold on the whole premise of terrorism to begin with. Look who's profitting from these wars. What if WE are the real terrorists. If our government is behind all this like some people beleive it sort of puts a different spin on it doesn't it.

The hardest thing is just to clear the fog and figure out the truth behind all the lies. That by itself would solve so many problems but our govenrmnt is dishonest and can't really be trusted so where do you even start? Just locally in your own communities. Then if everyone started to do that problems would start to solve themselves from within.

Cam

I'd train up hordes of highly evolved spiritual comedians that would travel round the land spreading laughter to every man woman and child (and pets and stuff) - and get people laughing about every aspect of their lives - especially the ones they take so seriously!

Sign in to follow this