Sign in to follow this  
thelerner

I find the Article section is being filled up with nonArticles

The Article section is no longer a repository for articles. Bliss Music is using it to publish poems from his favorite author. DeciBelle is putting short comments in it also a new topics.

Actual articles are being shoved down pages. I wish they could be cleaned up. Certainly not erased, but put into a place where they belong. Maybe the poems could be put into a single thread.

The point is make Articles; indepth writing on a subject, available for people read, consider and comment on. If they're quickly moved to page 2, 3 and beyond, because someone has a list of poems they're putting in as separate topics then the board is poorer for it.

my 2 cents

-Michael 'Get off my lawn' thelerner

Ya, i put relatively dense and pithy things there. It's hardly a surprise there are no responses. I'd love it if there were. I think to bump or re-post some of those now and then, but I don't really see why. I just wait and make up new ones when they bubble up.

lately I posted a long compilation of PM responses to a taobum about alchemy, but I get frustrated about the short attention spans and chopped it down from 500 words to about 20— hahaa!

But I'll do an old one and see what happens, thelerner.❤

Edited by deci belle

Thanks Kip. I know quite a lot of people here really enjoy your posts and music, we definitely want you to keep contributing them.

Thanks Kip. I know quite a lot of people here really enjoy your posts and music, we definitely want you to keep contributing them.

Thank you, Mal. Then should I simply start a thread and post them to the same thread from now on?

We are not sure :lol: but Im thinking that might be the best plan as one thread will -

• Collect all the works into one place.
  • New posts will still bump that thread to the top and show up on the summary pages.
  • Keep the articles section concise

But for the moment well keep things as is, to give people some time to comment on the idea.

(I also need to check that I can merge all the threads properly without loosing too much infomation {eg thread titles})

I had planed to do some experiments with the articles section. But pressing moderation issues are consuming that time currently.

Another weekend :)

I've just merged 60 of Kip's threads into

The collected works of Blissmusic

10 pages - that's quite an article :)

deci belle, I didn't merge yours yet I'm not sure which threads you want in your Yin Convergence, Alchemy, Chan, etc. catagories

We are currently invigorating the forum and tidying up a few areas.

The contributed articles section is basically envisaged as a low traffic space where people can find information (ie an article) The main forum has so much traffic that an article like post where the author puts a lot of effort and research into creating it... quickly flow down the pages and just get lost.

So a string of threads from one or two users is not what we really what we had in mind for the contributed articles area. It’s already expanded from just articles. IMO poetry and music are just as creative, moving, thought provoking and take just as much time and effort to create. So they also deserve a space where they can be found.

So we have options -

Post into general discussion. where your idea will get a lot of exposure / traffic.

(BTW we have no issues with promoting products somewhat related to spiritual practices. Hence the banner advertising on site if people want even more exposure :))

Create a personal practice section of your very own.

Post a contributed article.

But I feel that keeping the number of separate threads in contributed articles to a minimum is the best way for it to fulfill its purpose.

Deci belle, there are about 20 threads on the first few pages. I can merge them all together, like I did with Bliss music, or I can move them all to a personal practice section.

any preference?