surfingbudda

Stillness-Movement Neigong Review

Hello Everyone,

I have not been posting too much on this site recently but felt it would be a nice thing to check back and write my review of Michael Lomax's June Stillness-Movement workshop in Springfield Missouri.

First off let me add that all the practitioners at the workshop were some of the nicest people I have ever met. Everyone there was so friendly and I hope to have the pleasure to meet up with some of them again some time in the future. I would also like to thank Michael for being so helpful and down to earth with his teachings.

For my review I will do my best in describing my experiences but do to the nature of these types of events, I doubt I could ever fully portray what I experienced. Also the purpose of this review is not to outline the entire workshop in a linear manner (you'll just have to go to one and find out yourself if your interested), but to attempt to give others the feel of it and note some interesting events that I observed.

The room for the workshop radiated with positive vibrations. Even before beginning the workshop I was fine just sitting there basking in the energetics of the place. Practicing Gift of the Tao was much fun! It felt like swimming through a warm hearty soup where the broth was qi :lol: . Or as Michael would put, "floating in a sea of light". Later we cranked things up a notch and started doing Gift of the Tao 2. The energy, power and tranquility I experienced behinds these forms have not been matched since. There were many moments of sheer joy practicing both forms of Gift of the Tao throughout the workshop. Many people at the workshop, myself included and still am, were amazed at the how these movements can be SO simple yet SO effective and powerful. If you simply watch someone else doing them you'll never be able to comprehend benefit behind these forms. Its about the doing part, not the thinking about doing or as Carlos Castenada puts it, "A man of knowledge lives by acting, not by thinking about acting. " Something I thought was very interested was that we started out doing warmup "body oriented qigong" such as eight brocades and some more quick forms from the knowledge banks of Michael and I noticed that I could not or barely at all feel the energy from these forms. Then Michael jokingly said now were gonna do some "real" qigong and we switched over to Gift of the Tao and like a flash I instantly felt a change and lots of energy began being felt all around me. To me that was instant validation for the efficiency of Michael's system versus others that I have experienced.

The first day in which we did stillness movement Michael gave us all the projections. I felt different sensations around my body and almost felt like a wind was hitting me, I would still consider my personal energy sensitivity to be in its baby stages through, many people besides myself reported some very significant energy/spiritual experiences during the projection. After doing the sitting stillness-movement for around an hour through my whole body was vibrating with energy and I felt a supreme sense of peace within me. As far as I could tell I had no spontaneous movements that I could notice during the first sitting practice. After the workshop later that night I still felt full of peaceful vibrations and then something cool happened. I was just laying in bed reading when suddenly my whole vision lit up with bright white sparkles and lines, for a while before the workshop and a little during it I had been seeing occasionally a random white sparkle here or there, which Michael has told me means I am starting to see the qi. However that event after the workshop has definitely been the largest amount of qi I have ever seen ^_^ .

The next day was full of more magic. We started with some more gift of the tao to get the energetics going and then kicked off into standing stillness-movement. I found stilling the mind and focusing on the dantian was much easier today after taking in so much positive energy from the day before. After standing there for a while I felt someone running around the room and a vortex like sensation had been created. In fact I even saw a vortex of spiraling purples in my vision which was really cool. While this was happening I could feel my energy body going to town and having a blast while the energy of the room was being taken to a higher level. Michael describes the projections he does as energy based information and until you actually experience that your rational mind says, "sure man whatever you say". However While I was standing there I kept hearing a particular thought that kept telling me to just give into the universe and reside in my dantian, it was interesting because I had not initiated this thought yet it kept trying to get my attention. I thought ok I'll try it and virtually as soon as I followed the thoughts advice my feet began vibrating, then pretty soon the vibration went up my legs, and then suddenly my whole body was bouncing/shaking/ vibrating/wiggling/flowing. Spontaneous movement was happening all over the place which is at the same time very cool and very bizarre the first time you actually experience this. When Michael finally brought us out of stillness movement I truly felt like I was in higher state of being with energy vibrating all over the place.

The third and final day of the workshop was the medical qigong part. This truly was a day of miracles as everyone who showed up had helped heal each other's injuries by at least 80 percent, many had their pains completely eliminated. This kind of healing really is unbelievable until you actually experience it for yourself. My partner treated me for my digestion problems I have been having. The treatment utilized both medical qigong and the Daoist medicine which were both very relaxing. What was very cool was that I could actually physically feel my digestive tract re-balancing itself after the treatment. Since then my bowel function has been much easier on me. The Daoist medicine really is something else and I felt such at peace with the world after receiving the treatment, it truly does put you into an altered state of being. I know my dad just about went to sleep after the treatments he received. I then went on to treat my partner for a broken toe he had received and had been having pain in the site of injury. I projected qi and pulled sick qi from the places Michael showed me to do and after only a 10-15 minute treatment my partner said that I had easily removed 80% of the pain he had been experiencing. Michael talked to us about low virtue and high virtue, where low virtue being regular everyday helping people out kinda stuff and high virtue when you actually give a part of yourself in helping someone and I know after doing the healing giving my own energy to the patient I felt a great surge of compassion that was quite emotional and if I could describe it would be a deep love and gratitude for being alive and part of this vast universe of ours.

There you guys go, that was a small taste of what I could linearly portray of my experience in Springfield; there were of course many more magical events but it would be impossible to describe everything. If anyone is in the least bit intrigued or interested by this system I would definitely recommend checking it out. I am not saying all this because I'm on Michael Lomax's secret pay roll, I writing this because I sincerely believe in the power and energy behind this system. The system really speaks for itself. My qigong history includes practicing wild goose qigong for a bit and I trained with Master Jo for a few months My link, however IMO both pale in comparison to the depth of Michael's practice. I have never had more energy awareness and development than with the stillness movement practice. I practiced Michael's Gift of the Tao DVD for about four weeks before attending the workshop and even just doing that raised my energy more than any other system I had done. There was simply no comparison between the Gift of the Tao DVD with the other qigong DVD's I had lying around the house.

I have been practicing each day for a week since the workshop and I have steadily noticed my own energy development increasing. I can only repeat the words "Sea of Light" to describe the utter joy and energy experiences I have felt with this practice. Anyone who would like to ask me anything feel free to PM me about the practice, but if anyone is interested in this practice I would recommend messaging Michael himself or seeking out some of the more advanced practitioners of this system from this forum. I plan on reporting back here after 100 days to describe where the practice has taken me :)

Peace to all and good luck your practices,

Surfingbudda

• Like 7

Awesome review.

More points to me getting up there and taking a seminar.

John

• Like 1

Thank you surfingbudda, for your review. Glad you had a blast. :D It was very nice to meet you, your dad and all the other folks there. :)

Do you remember doing tree qigong on Sunday afternoon? I had one of my BEST experiences there. That tree must have been in a daze, with all these lightwarriors-in-training circling her. Oh well, she sure got a lotta love. :wub:

Best to you in your first 100 days. Please report back... :D

Hey Rainbow Vein,

Ya I definitely remember that, tree qigong was super fun and I am sure the tree had fun as well ^_^

What a great and accurate review of Michael Lomax's Stillness-Movement workshop.

At the workshop -- I talked about Walking in the Qi -- Listening, Being where we are supposed to be and being able to use our skills in a compassionate manner to help those in need.

The demands for my skills in the area of Medical Qigong and use of the Taoist Neuro-Enegetic Healing has grown as my abilities and knowledge of these has grown. At the workshop, i gave the example of a simple (not to the person with ailment) headache as the 1st Medical Qigong technique that I administered (plus extreme crab-i-ness), the headache was resolved. Those at the workshop witnessed my doing a "High Level" healing on a gentleman with stage 4 bone cancer. The gentleman and his wife felt the healing had a remarkable effect on his well-being. The wife described the energy that both she and he received during the healing as " being hit full-blast with a fire hose." The results were amazing -- as the gentleman entered our workshop room the following day -- he appeared to have experienced backwards aging -- in other words he looked about 10 years younger, eyes brighter, skin tone much improved, with the patient describing himself as feeling totally energized and much lighter. I would say I made a difference.

Now as I have returned to Indiana the demands for my skills are now off the charts.

I will do two brief case reviews of treatments administered:

Case #1 -- Female patient, 54 years old, recently diagnosed with ALS (Lou Gherig's Disease) primarily affecting the top third of her body. Symptoms include -- lost voice -- barely able to clear a whisper, can't say an entire word. For example -- trying to the word voice -- she would be able to whisper voi and that's it, we rated her volume to be about a 1 on a scale of 1 - 10. Plus some trouble with her walking and breathing.

Treatment: TODAY - Taoist Medical treatment, High Level Healing, and lastly - administered a technique that I watched Michael use for a Parkinsons patient at a seminar in Canada that had similar voice restrictions.

Results: Patient released large amount of "sick qi" -- sick qi was running out the left leg and right hand. As usual the patient lapsed into a state of sleep during the taoist treatment.

Following the treatment for speech - I inquired how the patient felt (general , non-leading question. She answered that she felt great! - I understood every word she said - asked her if she heard the results and with a beaming smile she said that she had. We then rated her speech volume to be at a 4 out of 10. She definitely felt the treatment made a difference. She went on to tell me prior to the treatment she had been having strange pulses in her arm with moments of numbness and this had now stopped.

I will follow-up with her this next week and most likely treat again with the same techniques.

Case#2 Female patient, age 16, asthma, eczema. Her asthma has been extreme since the seasons have been changing. She reported that she had to use her rescue inhaler 4 times the previous day and was having difficulty breathing today. (SPECIAL NOTE: this patient is the daughter of a medical doctor that requested my help as the patients symptoms were not being controlled by other measures. I had also previously treated the physician and was able to remove neck pain and numbness in his hand that he had for over 10 years)

Treatment: Taosit Neuro-Energetic Healing, followed by asthma treatment outlined in Micahel Lomax's Light Warrior book.

Result: This patients response the the Taoist Treatment was especially interesting. She was concerned at the start of treatment that she was extremely "ticklish" and would not be able to withstand the treatment. However, as usual within 15 minutes the patient had lapsed into a deep sleep. Her nerve synapses however, were firing in rapid succession like no one I had ever treated. She was small and i thought -- I can do this in 30 minutes -- wrong, and hour and 15 minutes later i was still treating. Following the Taoist treatment, I administered the Qi projections for asthma. This patient was especially sensitive to Qi -- she was wiggling and bouncing all over the table. Her dad -- the physician stopped in to watch. His eyes looked on in amazement as he watched his daughter react to the Qi projection and pulling. Following the treatment - I had the patient take several deep breaths -- she was able to do this without any spasms and she rated her breaths as much deeper than she can remember in recent weeks. Her dad noticed the improved clarity in her eyes and skin and gave his MD opinion that the reults were indeed amazing at how well she could breathe now compared to the previous day. The doctors wife was so thankful that she delivered a fresh fruit boquet to our house.

We will do an additional treatment this upcoming week.

As always thamks for reading -- i hope these case reports inspire you to go out and make a difference!

Brion

Kempomaster

• Like 3

Hello Everyone,

I have not been posting too much on this site recently but felt it would be a nice thing to check back and write my review of Michael Lomax's June Stillness-Movement workshop in Springfield Missouri.

First off let me add that all the practitioners at the workshop were some of the nicest people I have ever met. Everyone there was so friendly and I hope to have the pleasure to meet up with some of them again some time in the future. I would also like to thank Michael for being so helpful and down to earth with his teachings.

For my review I will do my best in describing my experiences but do to the nature of these types of events, I doubt I could ever fully portray what I experienced. Also the purpose of this review is not to outline the entire workshop in a linear manner (you'll just have to go to one and find out yourself if your interested), but to attempt to give others the feel of it and note some interesting events that I observed.

The room for the workshop radiated with positive vibrations. Even before beginning the workshop I was fine just sitting there basking in the energetics of the place. Practicing Gift of the Tao was much fun! It felt like swimming through a warm hearty soup where the broth was qi :lol: . Or as Michael would put, "floating in a sea of light". Later we cranked things up a notch and started doing Gift of the Tao 2. The energy, power and tranquility I experienced behinds these forms have not been matched since. There were many moments of sheer joy practicing both forms of Gift of the Tao throughout the workshop. Many people at the workshop, myself included and still am, were amazed at the how these movements can be SO simple yet SO effective and powerful. If you simply watch someone else doing them you'll never be able to comprehend benefit behind these forms. Its about the doing part, not the thinking about doing or as Carlos Castenada puts it, "A man of knowledge lives by acting, not by thinking about acting. " Something I thought was very interested was that we started out doing warmup "body oriented qigong" such as eight brocades and some more quick forms from the knowledge banks of Michael and I noticed that I could not or barely at all feel the energy from these forms. Then Michael jokingly said now were gonna do some "real" qigong and we switched over to Gift of the Tao and like a flash I instantly felt a change and lots of energy began being felt all around me. To me that was instant validation for the efficiency of Michael's system versus others that I have experienced.

The first day in which we did stillness movement Michael gave us all the projections. I felt different sensations around my body and almost felt like a wind was hitting me, I would still consider my personal energy sensitivity to be in its baby stages through, many people besides myself reported some very significant energy/spiritual experiences during the projection. After doing the sitting stillness-movement for around an hour through my whole body was vibrating with energy and I felt a supreme sense of peace within me. As far as I could tell I had no spontaneous movements that I could notice during the first sitting practice. After the workshop later that night I still felt full of peaceful vibrations and then something cool happened. I was just laying in bed reading when suddenly my whole vision lit up with bright white sparkles and lines, for a while before the workshop and a little during it I had been seeing occasionally a random white sparkle here or there, which Michael has told me means I am starting to see the qi. However that event after the workshop has definitely been the largest amount of qi I have ever seen ^_^ .

The next day was full of more magic. We started with some more gift of the tao to get the energetics going and then kicked off into standing stillness-movement. I found stilling the mind and focusing on the dantian was much easier today after taking in so much positive energy from the day before. After standing there for a while I felt someone running around the room and a vortex like sensation had been created. In fact I even saw a vortex of spiraling purples in my vision which was really cool. While this was happening I could feel my energy body going to town and having a blast while the energy of the room was being taken to a higher level. Michael describes the projections he does as energy based information and until you actually experience that your rational mind says, "sure man whatever you say". However While I was standing there I kept hearing a particular thought that kept telling me to just give into the universe and reside in my dantian, it was interesting because I had not initiated this thought yet it kept trying to get my attention. I thought ok I'll try it and virtually as soon as I followed the thoughts advice my feet began vibrating, then pretty soon the vibration went up my legs, and then suddenly my whole body was bouncing/shaking/ vibrating/wiggling/flowing. Spontaneous movement was happening all over the place which is at the same time very cool and very bizarre the first time you actually experience this. When Michael finally brought us out of stillness movement I truly felt like I was in higher state of being with energy vibrating all over the place.

The third and final day of the workshop was the medical qigong part. This truly was a day of miracles as everyone who showed up had helped heal each other's injuries by at least 80 percent, many had their pains completely eliminated. This kind of healing really is unbelievable until you actually experience it for yourself. My partner treated me for my digestion problems I have been having. The treatment utilized both medical qigong and the Daoist medicine which were both very relaxing. What was very cool was that I could actually physically feel my digestive tract re-balancing itself after the treatment. Since then my bowel function has been much easier on me. The Daoist medicine really is something else and I felt such at peace with the world after receiving the treatment, it truly does put you into an altered state of being. I know my dad just about went to sleep after the treatments he received. I then went on to treat my partner for a broken toe he had received and had been having pain in the site of injury. I projected qi and pulled sick qi from the places Michael showed me to do and after only a 10-15 minute treatment my partner said that I had easily removed 80% of the pain he had been experiencing. Michael talked to us about low virtue and high virtue, where low virtue being regular everyday helping people out kinda stuff and high virtue when you actually give a part of yourself in helping someone and I know after doing the healing giving my own energy to the patient I felt a great surge of compassion that was quite emotional and if I could describe it would be a deep love and gratitude for being alive and part of this vast universe of ours.

There you guys go, that was a small taste of what I could linearly portray of my experience in Springfield; there were of course many more magical events but it would be impossible to describe everything. If anyone is in the least bit intrigued or interested by this system I would definitely recommend checking it out. I am not saying all this because I'm on Michael Lomax's secret pay roll, I writing this because I sincerely believe in the power and energy behind this system. The system really speaks for itself. My qigong history includes practicing wild goose qigong for a bit and I trained with Master Jo for a few months My link, however IMO both pale in comparison to the depth of Michael's practice. I have never had more energy awareness and development than with the stillness movement practice. I practiced Michael's Gift of the Tao DVD for about four weeks before attending the workshop and even just doing that raised my energy more than any other system I had done. There was simply no comparison between the Gift of the Tao DVD with the other qigong DVD's I had lying around the house.

I have been practicing each day for a week since the workshop and I have steadily noticed my own energy development increasing. I can only repeat the words "Sea of Light" to describe the utter joy and energy experiences I have felt with this practice. Anyone who would like to ask me anything feel free to PM me about the practice, but if anyone is interested in this practice I would recommend messaging Michael himself or seeking out some of the more advanced practitioners of this system from this forum. I plan on reporting back here after 100 days to describe where the practice has taken me :)

Peace to all and good luck your practices,

Surfingbudda

Thanks for the review.

It was a pleasure having you and the other TTBers at the workshop. Just a GREAT bunch of guys and gals!

This is a system that you can take as far as you want and I think you will do very well with it.

What a great and accurate review of Michael Lomax's Stillness-Movement workshop.

At the workshop -- I talked about Walking in the Qi -- Listening, Being where we are supposed to be and being able to use our skills in a compassionate manner to help those in need.

The demands for my skills in the area of Medical Qigong and use of the Taoist Neuro-Enegetic Healing has grown as my abilities and knowledge of these has grown. At the workshop, i gave the example of a simple (not to the person with ailment) headache as the 1st Medical Qigong technique that I administered (plus extreme crab-i-ness), the headache was resolved. Those at the workshop witnessed my doing a "High Level" healing on a gentleman with stage 4 bone cancer. The gentleman and his wife felt the healing had a remarkable effect on his well-being. The wife described the energy that both she and he received during the healing as " being hit full-blast with a fire hose." The results were amazing -- as the gentleman entered our workshop room the following day -- he appeared to have experienced backwards aging -- in other words he looked about 10 years younger, eyes brighter, skin tone much improved, with the patient describing himself as feeling totally energized and much lighter. I would say I made a difference.

Now as I have returned to Indiana the demands for my skills are now off the charts.

I will do two brief case reviews of treatments administered:

Case #1 -- Female patient, 54 years old, recently diagnosed with ALS (Lou Gherig's Disease) primarily affecting the top third of her body. Symptoms include -- lost voice -- barely able to clear a whisper, can't say an entire word. For example -- trying to the word voice -- she would be able to whisper voi and that's it, we rated her volume to be about a 1 on a scale of 1 - 10. Plus some trouble with her walking and breathing.

Treatment: TODAY - Taoist Medical treatment, High Level Healing, and lastly - administered a technique that I watched Michael use for a Parkinsons patient at a seminar in Canada that had similar voice restrictions.

Results: Patient released large amount of "sick qi" -- sick qi was running out the left leg and right hand. As usual the patient lapsed into a state of sleep during the taoist treatment.

Following the treatment for speech - I inquired how the patient felt (general , non-leading question. She answered that she felt great! - I understood every word she said - asked her if she heard the results and with a beaming smile she said that she had. We then rated her speech volume to be at a 4 out of 10. She definitely felt the treatment made a difference. She went on to tell me prior to the treatment she had been having strange pulses in her arm with moments of numbness and this had now stopped.

I will follow-up with her this next week and most likely treat again with the same techniques.

Case#2 Female patient, age 16, asthma, eczema. Her asthma has been extreme since the seasons have been changing. She reported that she had to use her rescue inhaler 4 times the previous day and was having difficulty breathing today. (SPECIAL NOTE: this patient is the daughter of a medical doctor that requested my help as the patients symptoms were not being controlled by other measures. I had also previously treated the physician and was able to remove neck pain and numbness in his hand that he had for over 10 years)

Treatment: Taosit Neuro-Energetic Healing, followed by asthma treatment outlined in Micahel Lomax's Light Warrior book.

Result: This patients response the the Taoist Treatment was especially interesting. She was concerned at the start of treatment that she was extremely "ticklish" and would not be able to withstand the treatment. However, as usual within 15 minutes the patient had lapsed into a deep sleep. Her nerve synapses however, were firing in rapid succession like no one I had ever treated. She was small and i thought -- I can do this in 30 minutes -- wrong, and hour and 15 minutes later i was still treating. Following the Taoist treatment, I administered the Qi projections for asthma. This patient was especially sensitive to Qi -- she was wiggling and bouncing all over the table. Her dad -- the physician stopped in to watch. His eyes looked on in amazement as he watched his daughter react to the Qi projection and pulling. Following the treatment - I had the patient take several deep breaths -- she was able to do this without any spasms and she rated her breaths as much deeper than she can remember in recent weeks. Her dad noticed the improved clarity in her eyes and skin and gave his MD opinion that the reults were indeed amazing at how well she could breathe now compared to the previous day. The doctors wife was so thankful that she delivered a fresh fruit boquet to our house.

We will do an additional treatment this upcoming week.

As always thamks for reading -- i hope these case reports inspire you to go out and make a difference!

Brion

Kempomaster

Thanks for the case reports.

I too noticed the gentleman you mentioned. When I first saw him the next day I almost wanted to think he was someone else because to me had absolutely did look much younger. A REALLY GOOD job you did.

A note on the medical qigong speech technique. This was one of Master Wang's "little treasures" unique to our system of medical qigong. I have never seen it fail to work.

• Like 2

Ms. Rainbow,

I am constantly charging up my energy, however, yes each case does deplete us some. The two case reports happened on the same day - plus I had a full day of work. So I started my day by doing the taoist Treatment plus other treatment for the ALS patient and I finished my (work) day by treating the asthma patient with the Taoist treatment and energy projection.

Both of the treatments were very successful - the person with ALS keeps asking when can I treat again and the parents of the asthma patient want me to treat again this week before they take an extended vacation.

So, after i have done these treatments -- yes I find time to re-charge by doing Stillness-movment and typically if i can get a good session in -- could be an hour and a half -- plus do Stillness while I watch TV in evening, then I usually feel pretty good and not draggin my behind in the sand sort of thing. I also get energized from seeing the relief that people get when you help them with their dis-ease. The look on their faces is priceless. The manner in which the young lady (asthma patient) reacted to the Taoist Treatment and Qi projection was really cool. She shook and vibrated in all directions -- afterwards she said she felt the energy pulsing through her body, and felt her body shaking but wasn't sure why she was shaking. If anyone ever questioned whether Qi is real or whether Stillness-Movement gives you the "OOMPH" to knock sick Qi out of others -- then they should watch this young lady being treated for her asthma. Her dad is a Physician/MD -- he asked for the treatment for her and watched the end of the treatment. He noticed immediately the difference in her and asked if I could treat again before they go out of town.

I will try to update you on future treatments for these cases and include a mix of other cases.

The Power and the RESULTS of this system are nothing shy of amazing.

Thanks,

Brion

Kempomaster

• Like 6

I just wanted to chime in about Gift of the Tao -- My partner and I recieved Michaels Gift of the Tao DVD a few days ago and have practiced to it a few times -- it is absolutely fantastic! Almost immediately, with the first exercise or two, I feel as though I have been doing my regular chi sets for half an hour. IMO it would be hard to find a practice that could give the same results as Gift of the Tao within the same time frame.

It would be awesome to be able to attend one of Ya Mu's classes. MICHAEL! Come. To. Australia! Please? Haha. :P

It's probably the scruffiest 'kata' ever, but that's so not what its about. I've practised only about half of it since attending a worskshop in Springfield a few weeks ago (due to injury), but I find it really does shift my state in a very grounded and lovely way. I particularly like a practise that doesn't leave me all spacey and 'spiritual' - qigong is for life eh, not the other way round.

I heartily recommend the workshop btw - the stillness-movement transmission is a treasure.

Michael came to the UK last year at Snowmonki's invite (I think), and I know he enjoyed the trip. So he might be willing to fly the wrong way round to Oz if you can offer sufficient cultural attractions :D

Rich

• Like 1

I just wanted to chime in about Gift of the Tao -- My partner and I recieved Michaels Gift of the Tao DVD a few days ago and have practiced to it a few times -- it is absolutely fantastic! Almost immediately, with the first exercise or two, I feel as though I have been doing my regular chi sets for half an hour. IMO it would be hard to find a practice that could give the same results as Gift of the Tao within the same time frame.

It would be awesome to be able to attend one of Ya Mu's classes. MICHAEL! Come. To. Australia! Please? Haha. :P

Gift of Tao is highly efficient due to direct energetics. For some reason, it appears a lot of folks don't consider efficiency when considering a practice. There is no higher efficiency than going direct.

Would love to make it to Australia some day. I think you "downunderers" (are we up there or downunder to you?) would appreciate the Stillness-Movement system.

It's probably the scruffiest 'kata' ever, but that's so not what its about. I've practised only about half of it since attending a worskshop in Springfield a few weeks ago (due to injury), but I find it really does shift my state in a very grounded and lovely way. I particularly like a practise that doesn't leave me all spacey and 'spiritual' - qigong is for life eh, not the other way round.

I heartily recommend the workshop btw - the stillness-movement transmission is a treasure.

Michael came to the UK last year at Snowmonki's invite (I think), and I know he enjoyed the trip. So he might be willing to fly the wrong way round to Oz if you can offer sufficient cultural attractions :D

Rich

Thanks for taking the vast amount of time & effort you did to attend the workshop. I do believe you will find that it was a worthwhile investment. Gift of Tao is indeed a natural results oriented method that utilizes an approach toward non-linearity. This is why when one looks at it (without practicing it) it seems quite strange to them.

"...if you can offer sufficient cultural attractions..." Yeah, like good craft ales.

• Like 1

Just a quick follow-up to the case report of the asthma patient.

Summary: 16 yr old female pt w/10 + year history of asthma. Prior to treatment the patient had been using rescue inhaler 4 - 5 times per day. I treated this patient w/ Taoist Neuro-energetic Treatment and direct Qi projection per Michael's Asthma treatment out of the Light Warrior Book.

Today, 7/8/11, I had a follow-up visit approx 1 week after the initial treatment. (1st note -- her father, MD/Physician had been trying to call me yesterday to insure the follow-up visit - when I walked through his office door -- he was quite surprised - "Walking in the Qi - eh!) Anyway - the doctor and patient reported that after the 1st treatment the patients need for the rescue inhaler had decreased from 4 to 5 times per day to no more than 4 times total in the last week. In addition, the patient was able to play tennis in 92 degree heat and had no problems at all with breathing.

Prior to treatment today - I asked the patient to take several large breaths of air and hold them. Then I had the pt rate how those breaths felt -- self rating ( I am not a Pulmonologist) Then again treated with the same taoist Treatment and direct Qi projection. The patient rated her breaths after treatment again as much improved and was excited as to the difference that each treatment had made for her.

I will follow-up with the pt in 3 weeks and give a final report.

As always - thanks for reading the post.

Brion

Kempomaster

• Like 2

Gift of Tao is highly efficient due to direct energetics. For some reason, it appears a lot of folks don't consider efficiency when considering a practice. There is no higher efficiency than going direct.

Would love to make it to Australia some day. I think you "downunderers" (are we up there or downunder to you?) would appreciate the Stillness-Movement system.

You are where you are (north, west, south, east) to us, everyone just considers us "downunderers" even the "Antarcticans!" Haha

And we certainly would appreciate the Stillness-Movement system down here.

Great place to visit, too! :)

These are fascinating and inspiring stories--thank all of you who have shared them with us.

Reading this post, and many others I have looked at regarding this practice, leaves me with a couple of questions. Over the last few years in China I have met a number of qigong practitioners, including those who use qigong to heal, and a few of them have issued warnings of a type I have not really seen discussed in the West. For example, one healer I know quite well in Beijing told me that she herself has had to heal a number of other healers because they started healing before their qi was strong enough for them to take the risk, and they then ended up full of patients' sick qi which they were then unable to personally send out. The result for them was illness, including in the form of visible "mysterious growths."

I have also heard from a doctor at the Shanghai University of TCM's Qigong Research Institute and a teacher of Wudang internal martial arts and qigong that in the late 1980s, after qigong had been extremely popular in China for some time, there was a sudden die-off of qigong healers who hit their 60s and fell apart after having exausted and depleted their yuan qi through careers of healing. Others also very quickly developed severe dementia, I am told. For this reason, the Shanghai university institute doctors only teach qigong, but do not use it to heal except in very rare circumtances. Ditto for the Wudang martial artist.

There is still plenty of qigong healing going on in China if one knows where to look for it, but I must say I have indeed not heard of old 90-year-old qigong healers, whereas it is not all that uncommon for docs of that age to still be prescribing herbs or performing acupuncture. I don't know, however, if this loose observation lends any real credence to what I've been told. Misunderstandings about qigong, meditation, Daoism, TCM, etc abound even in the land that gave birth to these traditions, and even in circles of people who seem like they ought to know what they're talking about, but perhaps haven't a clue.

I'm curious, are the risks that I have heard described here in China considered a legitemate concern to practitioners of this system? If so, how do healers protect themselves?

• Like 4

I'm curious, are the risks that I have heard described here in China considered a legitemate concern to practitioners of this system? If so, how do healers protect themselves?

Opinions vary. It also seems that there is also a very real political reason as to why waiqi liaofa is not used much in Chinese clinics/hospitals these days.

I am sure Ya Mu will explain more about this, but yes he does address these things in his teachings and the lineage does have its approach to dealing with them and certain "safe guards" so to speak. Ya Mu also advises strongly regarding the types of teachers teaching such methods and the importance of their true understanding of sick qi in relation to the safety of the student/practitioner.

Best,

These are fascinating and inspiring stories--thank all of you who have shared them with us.

Reading this post, and many others I have looked at regarding this practice, leaves me with a couple of questions. Over the last few years in China I have met a number of qigong practitioners, including those who use qigong to heal, and a few of them have issued warnings of a type I have not really seen discussed in the West. For example, one healer I know quite well in Beijing told me that she herself has had to heal a number of other healers because they started healing before their qi was strong enough for them to take the risk, and they then ended up full of patients' sick qi which they were then unable to personally send out. The result for them was illness, including in the form of visible "mysterious growths."

I have also heard from a doctor at the Shanghai University of TCM's Qigong Research Institute and a teacher of Wudang internal martial arts and qigong that in the late 1980s, after qigong had been extremely popular in China for some time, there was a sudden die-off of qigong healers who hit their 60s and fell apart after having exausted and depleted their yuan qi through careers of healing. Others also very quickly developed severe dementia, I am told. For this reason, the Shanghai university institute doctors only teach qigong, but do not use it to heal except in very rare circumtances. Ditto for the Wudang martial artist.

There is still plenty of qigong healing going on in China if one knows where to look for it, but I must say I have indeed not heard of old 90-year-old qigong healers, whereas it is not all that uncommon for docs of that age to still be prescribing herbs or performing acupuncture. I don't know, however, if this loose observation lends any real credence to what I've been told. Misunderstandings about qigong, meditation, Daoism, TCM, etc abound even in the land that gave birth to these traditions, and even in circles of people who seem like they ought to know what they're talking about, but perhaps haven't a clue.

You bring up a very good point. And your answer is in your own words. "Misunderstandings about qigong, meditation, Daoism, TCM, etc abound even in the land that gave birth to these traditions, and even in circles of people who seem like they ought to know what they're talking about, but perhaps haven't a clue."

Unfortunately mass misinformation about practices has risen to confusion in the world of energetics and medical qigong. There are some systems out there that say there is no such thing as sick qi. These practitioners are certainly deluded. We can SEE the sick qi leave a patients body when we project energy to displace it. Of course, if one doesn't have much energy to use (as some energetic systems don't actually cultivate qi) then the sick qi may be displaced but stay in the patient's body. Usually what happens here is that they will suddenly develop a pain elsewhere in the body.

In our system we have safeguards. We make sure each student learns proper shielding; this goes far beyond the medical qigong aspect and helps in daily life. If a practitioner practices Stillness-Movement then he/she will shake any accumulated sick qi out. But of course there is a "gotcha" here. I tell the students who do the medical qigong that they must practice a minimum of 3 hours per day. There is no way around this. We manipulate HUGE amounts of energy. Even though we are constantly pulling energy in from the higher vibrational levels, we have to utilize our own to "transmute" the energy into a usable form to accomplish a specific task of healing. This is of course where the developed Dan Tian comes into play. If a person is not willing to spend the 3 hours a day in practice then I tell them NOT to do the medical qigong. Simply be glad for the awareness expansion and positive health benefits of self-practice of Stillness-Movement.

Yes, it certainly is true that Stillness-Movement medical qigong practice requires a person who has a natural compassion. The Stillness-Movement practice opens this natural compassion to it's highest level. In these people, we can not not help others. And yes, we give a bit of ourselves when we do a healing. At the end of the day we can be just as tired as when digging a ditch. And of course I am speaking of working in a clinic seeing many people each day. If it is just one or two people that is worked on in a day it is no big deal but the 3 hours does apply if this is a constant thing. In my clinic I always did qi manipulation for an hour to each patient and used to work 12 - 13 hours per day. I decided this year to retire from my clinic to devote more time to teaching and only do distance healing, of which great results have been obtained.

In the end I think for one to be a medical qigong healer requires them to make sacrifices. They should NOT pursue this type of advanced healing unless they feel in their heart that this is what they wish to do. But IF IF IF they listen to what I say and do the practices, not attempt qi manipulation when they are feeling down or ill, then they should live a normal longevity. This said, I try to talk as many people out of learning this as I do into learning it. Most people are NOT willing to make the type of sacrifice required to do this. And I know that, in spite of me saying NOT to go past one's limit or NOT to do qi manipulation if one is feeling low (say, as in missed a night's sleep), that people of this compassion level will go ahead and do the healings anyway. I speak from personal experience. Souls of this compassion level are not here to simply live as long as they can - it is not a priority. The priority is in making a difference. To clarify, my position to the students is to NOT NOT NOT do healings unless 1) They do 3 hrs of practice a day 2) They are feeling well at the time they do the healings. 3) They practice Shielding

edit: hit the wrong button before I finished the post

What one has to look at and realize is the results offered by this system. It changes peoples lives. It does things no other medical system can even touch. Look at the case report posted above by Kempomaster. This child was receiving the very best in medical care. Yet with just one treatment she went form multiple inhaler needs per day to just a few per week. There is nothing else out there in medical care that can produce this type of results in this short a period of time. This type of healing is desperately needed by today's society.

Edited by Ya Mu
  • Like 6

In the end I think for one to be a medical qigong healer requires them to make sacrifices. They should NOT pursue this type of advanced healing unless they feel in their heart that this is what they wish to do. But IF IF IF they listen to what I say and do the practices, not attempt qi manipulation when they are feeling down or ill, then they should live a normal longevity. This said, I try to talk as many people out of learning this as I do into learning it. Most people are NOT willing to make the type of sacrifice required to do this. And I know that, in spite of me saying NOT to go past one's limit or NOT to do qi manipulation if one is feeling low (say, as in missed a night's sleep), that people of this compassion level will go ahead and do the healings anyway. I speak from personal experience. Souls of this compassion level are not here to simply live as long as they can - it is not a priority. The priority is in making a difference. To clarify, my position to the students is to NOT NOT NOT do healings unless 1) They do 3 hrs of practice a day 2) They are feeling well at the time they do the healings. 3) They practice Shielding

This resonates so strongly with me.

Here to make a difference. And in dieing, proud that I have lived well, worked hard, and done my best.

John

• Like 3

What one has to look at and realize is the results offered by this system. It changes peoples lives. It does things no other medical system can even touch. Look at the case report posted above by Kempomaster. This child was receiving the very best in medical care. Yet with just one treatment she went form multiple inhaler needs per day to just a few per week. There is nothing else out there in medical care that can produce this type of results in this short a period of time. This type of healing is desperately needed by today's society.

Amen! Thank you for the response. Let us know if you ever offer a class in China, hah!

I met and spent a few days in a class with him, His qigong was typical of the Beijing practitioners that I met. He was a very nice man, a good doctor, and a good martial artist.

Amen! Thank you for the response. Let us know if you ever offer a class in China, hah!

Will do. You could always fly from China to next workshop. :)

Edited by Ya Mu
  • Like 2

Just a quick follow-up to the case report of the asthma patient.

Summary: 16 yr old female pt w/10 + year history of asthma. Prior to treatment the patient had been using rescue inhaler 4 - 5 times per day. I treated this patient w/ Taoist Neuro-energetic Treatment and direct Qi projection per Michael's Asthma treatment out of the Light Warrior Book.

Today, 7/8/11, I had a follow-up visit approx 1 week after the initial treatment. (1st note -- her father, MD/Physician had been trying to call me yesterday to insure the follow-up visit - when I walked through his office door -- he was quite surprised - "Walking in the Qi - eh!) Anyway - the doctor and patient reported that after the 1st treatment the patients need for the rescue inhaler had decreased from 4 to 5 times per day to no more than 4 times total in the last week. In addition, the patient was able to play tennis in 92 degree heat and had no problems at all with breathing.

Prior to treatment today - I asked the patient to take several large breaths of air and hold them. Then I had the pt rate how those breaths felt -- self rating ( I am not a Pulmonologist) Then again treated with the same taoist Treatment and direct Qi projection. The patient rated her breaths after treatment again as much improved and was excited as to the difference that each treatment had made for her.

I will follow-up with the pt in 3 weeks and give a final report.

As always - thanks for reading the post.

Brion

Kempomaster

Hi Brion - I never had a chance to thank you for your individualized assistance you gave during the seminar. Thanks! And it was very nice meeting you and everyone else...

I met and spent a few days in a class with him, His qigong was typical of the Beijing practitioners that I met. He was a very nice man, a good doctor, and a good martial artist.

Will do. You could always fly from China to next workshop. :)

Where is the next workshop?

This resonates so strongly with me.

Here to make a difference. And in dieing, proud that I have lived well, worked hard, and done my best.

John

Yes, the word "curing" is not in our vocabulary. But as you can see, the "making a difference" is in our vocabulary. And most times this "making a difference" is awesome indeed.

Where is the next workshop?

Terre Haute, Indiana for August 20,21 and [possibly 22nd) will be announced this week.

• Like 3

Manitou,

It was great to meet you at the Springfield Workshop. I am always amazed at the new things I pick-up or hear again -- then suddenly I have a need to use.

The technique that Michael had shown me a few years earlier for people having trouble with their speech. Suddenly I had a patient (ALS PT) having speech difficulties and I had to rewind my memory bank to a workshop in Canada. I then had Michael go back over the treatment with me and the treatment definitely made a difference for the patient.

I also have a great memory of the Springfield workshop -- I was doing Gift of the Tao in the parking lot -- and had a small kestral (Hawk) start flying directly overhead (I'd say he was spiralling quite nicely with the energy) and i've noticed that I seem to attract Hawks now when I do Gift of the Tao outdoors.

I hope you had a great workshop and perhaps We'll get chance to run into each other at a future workshop. I am always willing to help anyone with questions.

Thanks,

Brion

Kempomaster

• Like 5