manitou

Nei Yeh CHAPTER 18

CHAPTER 18

When there is a mind that is unimpaired within you,

It cannot be hidden.

It will be known in your countenance,

And seen in your skin colour.

If with this good flow of vital energy you encounter others,

They will be kinder to you than your own brethren.

But, if with a bad flow of vital energy you encounter others,

They will harm you with their weapons.

(This is because) the wordless pronouncement

Is more rapid than the drumming of thunder.

The perceptible form of the mind's vital energy

Is brighter than the sun and moon,

And more apparent than the concern of parents.

Rewards are not sufficient to encourage the good;

Punishments are not sufficient to discourage the bad.

Yet once this flow of vital energy is achieved,

All under heaven will submit.

And once the mind is made stable,

All under heaven will listen.

The participation here is killing me :lol:

When the Nei-Yeh refers to an unimpaired mind, I think they are referering to a mind that is self-realized. A mind that remains after the journey into one's own character has been taken, realized, and dealt with. All things like selfishness, swollen ego, hate, anger, fear, pride....these are the very things that distort our lens of vision. When the lens has been cleared, the image is undistorted. We then become capable of projecting the true and the unfettered. The reason it cannot be hidden is because it is a shine that is invisible but undeniable. It does show up in our countenance as love and lack of judgment. Acceptance of all things. The reference to healthy skin color is perhaps the physical confirmation of the inner awareness.

When in the TTC it mentions that the Sage is kept safe from harm, it is because of the energy flow mentioned in this chapter. What goes around comes around, simple as that. If we are emitting love for our brother (every one of them, regardless of what side of the world they live on) we will get love in return; perhaps not from the very same direction, but it will always return in equal measure. In equal measure will return unkindness, hatred, and anger as well. As I see it, this gives us an enormous amount of control over what kind of lives we wish to live. If we persist in living in fear of outer circumstances (which really aren't 'outer' at all, they just appear to be) then our fears will be realized one way or the other. If we instead choose to trust the balance of the Universe, this too will come our way. You can't even call it 'faith' at this point; it becomes Knowing, because we see it work over and over in our own lives and as this awareness settles in and we realize that this is actually the case, we stop manifesting problems in our lives. Or, when perceived 'problems' arise, we have a different perspective on the supposed problem and see it for the circumstance that we are to learn from. The creative force within us knows exactly what we need and when. All we have to do is let it happen and See why. We attract what we want, even if 'what we want' doesn't make any logical sense, or even if we think we 'should know better' after all these years. Sometimes we don't learn at all...we stay in the insanity of reacting the same way over and over and hoping that this time it will be different....if only we try a little harder. I think there is a certain surrender to Life that must be realized and embraced.

I love the reference to the 'wordless pronouncement'. We seem to think that we are actually The Thinker, but is there not something within that generates the idea before we're even aware of it? As recently discussed on another thread, science is discovering that our bodies prepare themselves for the stimulus (of whatever we're about to think) even before we think it. There must be a split second prior to our supposed originating thought where it comes from The Source; the Source that we all share in Oneness. Perhaps this is why the chapter says that rewards are insufficient to encourage the good, and punishments are not sufficient to discourage the bad. Because it's not really the human 'us' that is the creator of the idea. apparently we are merely the vehicle.

My personal theory, being as we only use about 10% of our brain, is that the remaining 90% of our brains work collectively and project the image outward. This would explain collective consciousness as well; in other words, how a baby born in this day and time will be born with a more modern set of mental tools than the baby born 1000 years ago.

The last line says it all, to me....

"And once the mind is made stable,

All under heaven will listen."

This is to dance in the wu-wei and see life align around us. I only have my own experience to draw upon; but as a woman in her mid-sixties who has been on the metaphysical path since my early 20's, there is no longer any doubt in my mind that we Are what we Think. And our thoughts, we can control. It may take years of meditation to still the mind, and it may take years of inner work to find the love for all creation.....but we can ultimately put the two together and control our thoughts. We can cut off the judgmental ones, one day at a time - getting slightly better - becoming more patient and tolerant of those we previously may have called idiots. It is by changing our thoughts that our lives will align.

i have been chewing on this nei-yeh for only a couple of months now.

it is very deep and profound. after further ponderings , i will begin to post here.

i do feel it is a roadmap to becoming a true sage.

• Like 1

i have been chewing on this nei-yeh for only a couple of months now.

it is very deep and profound. after further ponderings , i will begin to post here.

i do feel it is a roadmap to becoming a true sage.

I agree Zero. This is powerful stuff. Thanks for posting. I was getting pretty lonely. But I didn't want to pull a Palin and quit in the middle.

"If with this good flow of vital energy you encounter others,

They will be kinder to you than your own brethren.

But, if with a bad flow of vital energy you encounter others,

They will harm you with their weapons."

I really like this part of the chapter :)

In my own experience as I still my mind I need less and less help from thoughts and other people trying to figure out what kind of a person someone is.

You can just tell, it is a feeling/knowing that is there but not normally picked up.

I know this is an old thread but whattup, the Nei-yeh seems very interesting

theNERD

• Like 1