Sign in to follow this  
mewtwo

Green lantern?

So anyone see green lantern, what were your thoughts? Did anyone knowtice any corelation between the movie and say energy practices?

So anyone see green lantern, what were your thoughts? Did anyone knowtice any corelation between the movie and say energy practices?

I haven't seen it. Apparently critics didn't like it.

When I was young and read Green Lantern for the first time it triggered a past life memory of energetics use.

I doubt the producers were cool enough to actually consult energetics practitioners - but could be wrong.

edit: I do plan on seeing it.

Edited by Ya Mu

I doubt the producers were cool enough to actually consult energetics practitioners - but could be wrong.

I've found it interesting that even if someone has a general idea of "energy", but they seek to create some fictional "system", they can get surprisingly close to principles from qigong and stuff like that. I dunno, I at least found that to be a rather interesting case.

But no, haven't seen the movie. Already spent my rationed out movie money :P But I do want to see it.

I've found it interesting that even if someone has a general idea of "energy", but they seek to create some fictional "system", they can get surprisingly close to principles from qigong and stuff like that. I dunno, I at least found that to be a rather interesting case.

But no, haven't seen the movie. Already spent my rationed out movie money :P But I do want to see it.

I've noticed that too, especially in video games and fantasy novels. Although I tend to think that novelists especially are probably more likely to do research into already existing systems when creating their own. For instance the metaphysical system in The Wheel of Time series reeks strongly of Hermeticism with a mish-mash of other things thrown in. I think sometimes video games get close because of the necessity of creating balance and challenge - you usually have to come up with some limits and trade-offs in order to keep things from being "broken" (when referenced to video games, the term "broken" usually refers to something that is unbalanced to the point of unfairness).

I saw the movie, and the closest thing to a correlation to "real metaphysics" that I saw was that the green energy was essentially concentrated will, and will was required to manifest that energy into any given form. If you interpret will as "intent" you could probably make a shaky connection to some real practices. I don't think there was anything practical or useful you could take away from it, though.

I've noticed that too, especially in video games and fantasy novels.

Most definitely.

I certainly wonder how much stuff people have researched, how much they have just heard, and how much they have chalked up to artistic inspiration.

Most definitely.

I certainly wonder how much stuff people have researched, how much they have just heard, and how much they have chalked up to artistic inspiration.

That would be an interesting topic for an interview. I'll bet there's some out there where artists explain how they came up with their systems...but that's more research than I have time to devote to. :P

I believe you guys to be correct in your thinking. There ARE multiple similarities in these "made up" systems and scenarios versus the real thing.

Possibly the question to ask is why? Is it simple research? IMO it is not research but an overall consciousness. The creative writers and producers are picking up on this influence. I mean "Star Wars" hit so many years ago, but the system is uncanny in the similarities to high level wei qi liao fa. Green Lantern is similar (in concept).

Could it be the universe is helping to prepare humanity for the shift to these type of things? I have said over and over, for a long time, that medical qigong, utilizing wei qi liao fa, is Future's Medicine Today. And what I see in the workshops I teach is a most definite shift in awareness compared to 20 years ago. Even first time healers, in my workshop, are having a result rate from 80% to 100%. This was not true 20 years or even 10 years ago.

IMO the movies are not just escapism, but reflections of humanity's overall consciousness.

• Like 4

I watched 'Paul' the other day, the Simon Pegg, Nick Frost comedy about sci-fi geeks meeting an alien on a road trip. Interesting depiction of 'leaked' information to the masses as well as 'qigong' healing : D

Best

I believe you guys to be correct in your thinking. There ARE multiple similarities in these "made up" systems and scenarios versus the real thing.

Possibly the question to ask is why? Is it simple research? IMO it is not research but an overall consciousness. The creative writers and producers are picking up on this influence. I mean "Star Wars" hit so many years ago, but the system is uncanny in the similarities to high level wei qi liao fa. Green Lantern is similar (in concept).

Could it be the universe is helping to prepare humanity for the shift to these type of things? I have said over and over, for a long time, that medical qigong, utilizing wei qi liao fa, is Future's Medicine Today. And what I see in the workshops I teach is a most definite shift in awareness compared to 20 years ago. Even first time healers, in my workshop, are having a result rate from 80% to 100%. This was not true 20 years or even 10 years ago.

IMO the movies are not just escapism, but reflections of humanity's overall consciousness.

Edited by snowmonki

Sign in to follow this