Sign in to follow this  
thaddeus

Idea for Fat Burning

First, as an aside, it's funny how there seems to be similar yet independent streams of thoughts on this site..

I decided to finally just start sporting the kind of body that I want to be living in. This body is lean, flexible and has superb core strength/graceful.

I have an extremely high stress job and don't sleep enough..compounded by the fact that I love to eat sweet food when I'm under stress..so this is what I'm thinking...

1.) Do an atkins like low carb initiation (under 20gms carbs) for a few days to burn all stores of glycogen.

2.) While in this ketogenic state, do long low intensity exercise like walking on the treadmill or using the elliptical or taking ashtangha yoga.

3.) theoretically watch all the fat melt away as I burn almost exclusively fat. This should be like a candle burning the wick away. I'm thinking if I burn 1000 calories, it should be exactly one third of a pound of pure fat.

4.)Once I'm completely lean to my liking, start to load up on vegetables and balance the meat/veggie ratio.

5.) say goodbye to peanut m&m's after 4pm for ever..

Thoughts?

T

First, as an aside, it's funny how there seems to be similar yet independent streams of thoughts on this site..

I decided to finally just start sporting the kind of body that I want to be living in. This body is lean, flexible and has superb core strength/graceful.

I have an extremely high stress job and don't sleep enough..compounded by the fact that I love to eat sweet food when I'm under stress..so this is what I'm thinking...

1.) Do an atkins like low carb initiation (under 20gms carbs) for a few days to burn all stores of glycogen.

2.) While in this ketogenic state, do long low intensity exercise like walking on the treadmill or using the elliptical or taking ashtangha yoga.

3.) theoretically watch all the fat melt away as I burn almost exclusively fat. This should be like a candle burning the wick away. I'm thinking if I burn 1000 calories, it should be exactly one third of a pound of pure fat.

4.)Once I'm completely lean to my liking, start to load up on vegetables and balance the meat/veggie ratio.

5.) say goodbye to peanut m&m's after 4pm for ever..

Thoughts?

T

Here's an article on the Atkins Diet worth reading

http://www.drfuhrman.com/library/article2.aspx

Here's an article on the Atkins Diet worth reading

http://www.drfuhrman.com/library/article2.aspx

Thanks..I didn't want to debate the atkins approach, however. What I'm saying is if I enter a state of ketosis, then theoretically any calories burned during low intensity exercise *should* be pure fat..so if I burn 1000 calories on the treadmill, by a moderate walk, i should burn off 1/3 lb of pure fat..what do y'all think?

T

..what do y'all think?

T

I think that a diet based on meat and cheese eating to exclusion of carbs is akin to an eating disorder. You need a diet that is rich in a variety of plant life. Once you change your diet and lifestyle then the fat will go away.

The ketosis state is hard on the kidneys and heart and will only work to shorten your life. Switch to a healthy plant based diet with ocational high quality meats and watch your body respond by dropping excess fat. Stay on such a diet and enjoy a reduction in medical conditions brought on by poor eathing habits.

www.eatwild.com - locate high quality animal products - pastured animals, not organic are the way to go

anybody venture an opinion on if i make an herbal tea with say he shou wu and wolfberry, if that would be low carb??

T

For fat burning, check out the Wu Dang Tai Chi Chi Kung from Wudangtao.com

It is rigorous yet fun and balanced, not draining.

There is an idea set forth in the book Energy Balance diet. This idea postis that "primary food" or how we live our life, is more important thant "secondary food," being the actual food we eat...massage, yoga, qi gong, meditation--these things are primary to weight loss, then, and secondary is the food you eat. This was a great book. It labels meat is being "extreme" and integrates all nutritional theory.

Sign in to follow this