Sign in to follow this  
wudangquan

MM Photos

Just a random one off but I thought some bums might find these interesting.

I recently began what is probably going to be a 7 year process of studying in Myanmar, mainly to learn Pali and Sanskrit, with an added benefit of some of what is supposed to be the best instruction available in Vipassana meditation.

Because of security stuff, I can't clearly explain all details of the situation (which gets weirder by the minute) but I posted my most recent photos here:

http://earthwaterfireair.com/2011/06/friday-night-photo-update/

Right now I am in the rain leeching off of some wifi from an internet cafe about 2 miles away from my dormitory, and will have to hop a 12 foot fence to get back in. Weirdest thing is that within the past 2 hours we have been hit with some kind of insect invasion of old testament proportion. They are kind of like love bugs that you see in Florida during the summmers, but much bigger and thee are so many of them - and they just came out of nowhere during the rain.

I almost never have internet access so I probably won't check back in for a week or two.

For anybody who might be interested in this kind of program, I'm in it for the long haul but honestly cannot recommend it. I've lived all over the world and this is the most difficult situation I've ever been in. If someone were to ask me, I'd recommend one of the English language programs in Thailand or even Hong Kong, which offers full cash scholarships to qualified students.

Not that I'm complaining or anything, but - I'm only not leaving because I'm stubborn. :)

Anyway there are some other photos from a few days earlier at the same place as well. There are some meditation centers here that are supposed to be very good, and some Sayadaws who are recognized as Arahants, but I can't really comment on that yet.

Peace to the bums.

Glad I happened to get online when this was new or would have missed it. Love the Wu Dang videos at ur site! And how the monk is just smiling, no concern about the echoing tourist bullhorn in the background. They should put some phaser and wah-wah to her voice, would blend into the situation even more.. :lol:

Sign in to follow this