Thunder_Gooch

Semen Retention Increases Testosterone Levels by 45.7% after 7 days

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12659241?dopt=Abstract

J Zhejiang Univ Sci. 2003 Mar-Apr;4(2):236-40.

A research on the relationship between ejaculation and serum testosterone level in men.

Jiang M, Xin J, Zou Q, Shen JW.

Source

Department of Life Science, Hangzhou Normal College, Hangzhou 310020, China. [email protected]

Abstract

The purpose of this study is to gain understanding of the relationship between ejaculation and serum testosterone level in men. The serum testosterone concentrations of 28 volunteers were investigated daily during abstinence periods after ejaculation for two phases. The authors found that the fluctuations of testosterone levels from the 2nd to 5th day of abstinence were minimal. On the 7th day of abstinence, however, a clear peak of serum testosterone appeared, reaching 145.7% of the baseline ( P < 0.01). No regular fluctuation was observed following continuous abstinence after the peak. Ejaculation is the precondition and beginning of the special periodic serum testosterone level variations, which would not occur without ejaculation. The results showed that ejaculation-caused variations were characterized by a peak on the 7th day of abstinence; and that the effective time of an ejaculation is 7 days minimum. These data are the first to document the phenomenon of the periodic change in serum testosterone level; the correlation between ejaculation and periodic change in the serum testosterone level, and the pattern and characteristics of the periodic change.

PMID:

[PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Edited by More_Pie_Guy
  • Like 6

this meets my experience also...

BUT, there's also a "use it or lose it period" also... That maybe that center shuts down after not being 'utilised'.

I know that an occassional nut can be good for the soul ;)

In KAP they talk about once a month ejaculating... that seems like a good happy medium... all jacked up on testosterone but still keeping the "pipes clean"... :D

It went back to baseline after the 7th day and stays that way.

I tried going for more than 6 months, it just occurred to me one day I don't get morning wood anymore. So out of fear I rubbed one out. Wasn't doing any energy practices yet then and I don't feel especially alert or anything, just a lot of agitation during the afternoon.

Yeah its interesting. Life just isn't the same without that morning boner. I think if you do testicular breathing or qi weight lifting you are using the energy so you won't lose it so to speak. Your body will produce more.

But yeah i've been pumped full of sexual energy so that my mouth was babbling away faster than i could think several times due to too much energy and blockages. It's good to release sometimes, whenever you feel it's right on the inside.

the body decreases production of testosterone after some time of semen retention to make up for what it already has.

Then who knows.. as an evolutionary mechanism it probably thinks you are beta male and don't need any testosterone and might lower it?

At least... if you're not having sex. I read somewhere you need ejaculate at least once in a while to stimulate testosterone production, but it has to be the right way.

If you have no partner though i don't think it's any good. Masturbation overstimulates the PC muscle which can cause probs.

it just occurred to me one day I don't get morning wood anymore. So out of fear I rubbed one out.

Lmao :lol: This should be the quote of the day !

I take lots of aminos and ZMA fuel. I have no problem with low testosterone levels!

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12659241?dopt=Abstract

No regular fluctuation was observed following continuous abstinence after the peak.

I believe that defining the period to which this statement refers (ie. how much time after the peak was studied) is crucial to understanding the application of the findings.

that the effective time of an ejaculation is 7 days minimum.

What does this mean?

that the effective time of an ejaculation is 7 days minimum.

What does this mean?

It means after 7 days the serum testosterone level has been reached at its peak and it will reproduce no more. In addition, it was suggesting it's better for a man to have sex in the 8th day after ejaculation because the sperms had reached maturity.

It means after 7 days the serum testosterone level has been reached at its peak and it will reproduce no more. In addition, it was suggesting it's better for a man to have sex in the 8th day after ejaculation because the sperms had reached maturity.

lol so what about 100 days during a period of "laying the foundation" with chi kung neigong meditations etc ? they haven't gone that far in the studies...

I have experienced that testosterone surge arround day 5-6. As far as I remember form previous studies it is supposed to go down to more or less exactly where it was right after the last ejaculation so the data does not support that there is any effect in the long run. The people at reuniting.info say that over weeks and months of abstaining they do start to feel more masculine though. ONe way to interperate the data is that as long as the body thinks it is having regular sex it can chill but once 5-6 days without it has passed it gives you a boost to make you chase yoni and give you extra confidence and alphaness to make sure you get it.

lol so what about 100 days during a period of "laying the foundation" with chi kung neigong meditations etc ? they haven't gone that far in the studies...

If I understand your question correctly, a Chi Kung practitioner will reach the serum testosterone level quicker than 7 days. It because Chi Kung will increase the cell respiration process faster than an ordinary person.

As far as I remember form previous studies it is supposed to go down to more or less exactly where it was right after the last ejaculation so the data does not support that there is any effect in the long run.

Is this study saying that the level stays at 145.7%, or that it's just a fluctuation and then it goes back down to the beginning as of the 8th day?

I wonder about seasonal effects too, since it's said that we produce more Yang in the spring and summer, while we have to conserve it more in the fall and winter.

The effects of dual cultivation are not addressed either, nor the levels of nutrients in the blood.

Nonetheless, very interesting :ninja:

Is this study saying that the level stays at 145.7%, or that it's just a fluctuation and then it goes back down to the beginning as of the 8th day?

I wonder about seasonal effects too, since it's said that we produce more Yang in the spring and summer, while we have to conserve it more in the fall and winter.

The effects of dual cultivation are not addressed either, nor the levels of nutrients in the blood.

Nonetheless, very interesting :ninja:

When I last read a resume of the study I understood it as it goes back down again so the effect is irrelevant on day 8 yes.

A.

On the 7th day of abstinence, however, a clear peak of serum testosterone appeared, reaching 145.7% of the baseline ( P < 0.01). No regular fluctuation was observed following continuous abstinence after the peak.

it peaks but does it plateau after the peak... not sure.

The results showed that ejaculation-caused variations were characterized by a peak on the 7th day of abstinence; and that the effective time of an ejaculation is 7 days minimum

"minimum." Confusing again as to whether this means it starts at that point.

B.

Ejaculation is the precondition and beginning of the special periodic serum testosterone level variations, which would not occur without ejaculation.

the correlation between ejaculation and periodic change in the serum testosterone level, and the pattern and characteristics of the periodic change.

a bit more direct to the other side, but still vague, since the periodic period could be anytime after the 7th day, or just a fluctuation rather than a peak and plateau.

I think you missed the point. It stays at the 145.7% level until the next ejaculation, then the cycle repeats again.

"that the effective time of an ejaculation is 7 days minimum"

"Minimum" means it takes at least 7 days to rejuvenate back to the normal serum testosterone level from the day of ejaculation.

Edited by ChiDragon

It stays at the 145.7% level until the next ejaculation

It didn't say that. I'm curious to find out what happens after the 7th day...

It didn't say that. I'm curious to find out what happens after the 7th day...

1. a clear peak of serum testosterone appeared, reaching 145.7% of the baseline ( P < 0.01). No regular fluctuation was observed following continuous abstinence after the peak.

2. Ejaculation is the precondition and beginning of the special periodic serum testosterone level variations, which would not occur without ejaculation.

What is that saying to you....???

It seems to me that "No regular fluctuation was observed" are the keywords:

"No regular fluctuation was observed following continuous abstinence after the peak." AND "which would not occur without ejaculation."

IS saying

It stays at the 145.7% level until the next ejaculation, then the cycle repeats again.

• Like 1

"a clear peak of serum testosterone appeared, reaching 145.7% of the baseline ( P < 0.01). No regular fluctuation was observed following continuous abstinence after the peak. "

I guess "no fluctuation" means that it did not drop either.

"Ejaculation is the precondition and beginning of the special periodic serum testosterone level variations, which would not occur without ejaculation. "

This looks to me like it says there is a cycle that begins and ends, but only begins again with the "rainfall.

Alright, seems pretty clear now. Damn scholastic efficiencies <_<

I have experienced that testosterone surge arround day 5-6. As far as I remember form previous studies it is supposed to go down to more or less exactly where it was right after the last ejaculation so the data does not support that there is any effect in the long run. The people at reuniting.info say that over weeks and months of abstaining they do start to feel more masculine though. ONe way to interperate the data is that as long as the body thinks it is having regular sex it can chill but once 5-6 days without it has passed it gives you a boost to make you chase yoni and give you extra confidence and alphaness to make sure you get it.

Not exactly.

I've gone about 6 months retaining and have not once made any connection with women.

My question is this though: does increased horniness always mean higher testosterone or just lack of kidney yin or yang?

Another question is this: they say Baseline.

Does the baseline increase with each successive ejaculation after 7 or more days of retention?

Or do you always have the same baseline?

edit: nah nvm. Why the hell would you have a higher baseline?

Unless the capacity for a higher baseline increased. In which case perahps it woudl be in the same 'ratio'/baseline relative to your capacity but even so you might have a greater capacity to hold testosterone.

Edited by Non