Sign in to follow this  
RiverSnake

Young Body Old Soul

I was in Missouri at the Stillness-Movement seminar and happened to meet up with a member of the TaoBums (who will remain nameless).

We were talking and she asked me why my screen-name was OldGreen. I told her that i like nature and admired hermits and that also since a very young age i have always felt old on the inside.

She immediately agreed and said that she'd always felt very old since she was young at attributed it to so many past lives and reincarnations.

I was wondering has anyone else felt this way of being an oldsoul?

-Peace

• Like 2

I used to believe I was a 'old' soul too, until I realised a 'soul' doesn't age. It doesn't have a male-female form either and hence waiting for ones 'soul-mate' could also be erroneous. Classifying someone as a new or an old soul involves our ego. I might be wrong, but then again that's my belief at the moment. :)

I feel the complete opposite, I'm 30 years old and yet there are times when I feel like I'm 15 or 16, its weird to me but I think a part of me will always have boyish tendancies even as I continue to age. There are times when I'm struck by the feeling that I'm wise beyond my years but for the most part I feel fairly youthful, I guess that's not really a bad thing when I stop to think about it, but still.

I was in Missouri at the Stillness-Movement seminar and happened to meet up with a member of the TaoBums (who will remain nameless).

We were talking and she asked me why my screen-name was OldGreen. I told her that i like nature and admired hermits and that also since a very young age i have always felt old on the inside.

She immediately agreed and said that she'd always felt very old since she was young at attributed it to so many past lives and reincarnations.

I was wondering has anyone else felt this way of being an oldsoul?

-Peace

Inside i feel ageless.

Although i have been told i am an old soul.

Could you describe how or in what way you feel old inside

Edited by mYTHmAKER

I used to believe I was a 'old' soul too, until I realised a 'soul' doesn't age. It doesn't have a male-female form either and hence waiting for ones 'soul-mate' could also be erroneous. Classifying someone as a new or an old soul involves our ego. I might be wrong, but then again that's my belief at the moment. :)

Hmnn, how about a 'matured' soul, who's been around the block a few times.

Two of my kids seems like old souls. Tastes and preferences that run counter to prevailing norms. One son stopped eating meat at 7, spent 3 years wearing nothing but orange t-shirts, zero knowledge of anything eastern.

Another who came out strangely blond and blue eyed, wanted to learn German!? We tried to talk him out of it, but he was very insistent. There was a school German trip, we said no. He really wanted to go, said he'd take no allowance, he'd pay us back for it, great learning opportunity etc.

He'll be back in 4 days.

Edited by thelerner

Two of my kids seems like old souls. Tastes and preferences that run counter to prevailing norms. One son stopped eating meat at 7, spent 3 years wearing nothing but orange t-shirts, zero knowledge of anything eastern.

Another who came out strangely blond and blue eyed, wanted to learn German!? We tried to talk him out of it, but he was very insistent. There was a school German trip, we said no. He really wanted to go, said he'd take no allowance, he'd pay us back for it, great learning opportunity etc.

He'll be back in 4 days.

:) :) so nice.... you are blessed, Michael.

Inside i feel ageless.

I know how you feel, its hard to pin down just why.

When I think of my parents, I think of them as children. Or if I think of certain elderly people, I feel that they are younger when me. Its just some kind of f e eling, probably having to do with the behavior that reflects closeness to the Tao and the behavior that imply this. Or maybe something else, like a closer understanding to past lives and the lessons learned.

Edited by de_paradise
  • Like 1

I know how you feel, its hard to pin down just why.

When I think of my parents, I think of them as children. Or if I think of certain elderly people, I feel that they are younger when me. Its just some kind of f e eling, probably having to do with the behavior that reflects closeness to the Tao and the behavior that imply this. Or maybe something else, like a closer understanding to past lives and the lessons learned.

mYTHISmAKER thinks the older the soul and/or the more work you've done, the more you tend to feel ageless.

I've read somewhere that "young" people engage with life and activities, while "old" people prefer to stand back and observe what's happening. I quite like that definition (and based on it I've always been an "old soul")

Hi Adishakti!

Yes... I agree. It is ageless. But experiences gleaned from countless

iterations do leave their mark. So rather than an "old" soul how about

calling it very "experienced"? Even that would be something we all share,

for I doubt there are any "new" souls out there.

We are just a bunch of recycled, immaterial entities, presently embodied. :excl:

I had an akashic record reading, where the psychic said I had had lives as far back as 15,000 years ago. All the way back to Atlantis. I didn't ask if that was old, but it's nothing compared to like 40,000 years and beyond.

Old soul I think is attributed to being a part of planet earth for a long period of time and knowing the way it works here.

Edited by InfinityTruth

Inside i feel ageless.

When i was young i felt like a simple observer, separate from others...always on another wavelength than the norm of society, in a way very much alone in my experience of life.

-Within i often feel as if there is a door creeking and weary from over-use. I'm very young, energetic and a happy person...but inside i often feel weary.

Hi thelearner, such lovely children. Were you into cultivating the spirit when you had them? Also, what is the picture? I've always been curious - are you around termite mounds looking/photographing something? :)

I realised that souls don't age when someone told me that I was a new soul. I didn't feel anything, maybe felt a little like a child who had to start over from standard one. Her reason was that old souls don't have delicate bodies. They have to be somewhat huge, "the container needs to be strong so it can take the force of Kundalini," she said. I realised this was coming from else where so didn't respond. Or maybe she had a point I thought later. I just focused on making the container strong.

Hi strawdog65, what I do believe is in evolving souls. Sometimes if external situations don't allow you to grow in a certain lifetime - all the experiences from past life times can 'feel' useless. When someone evolved has a karma to finish with someone - the situation could either take them to a higher evolved consciousness or if they are not able to deal with it - then a regressed consciousness or maybe more likely a plateau. Sometimes, there is just no telling.

As I write this I also realise the limitations of what I'm saying. We can speculate and if we are lucky to live longer (and wiser) we might relaise how far of the mark we probably have been.

He'll be back in 4 days.

Hi Adishakti!

Yes... I agree. It is ageless. But experiences gleaned from countless

iterations do leave their mark. So rather than an "old" soul how about

calling it very "experienced"? Even that would be something we all share,

for I doubt there are any "new" souls out there.

We are just a bunch of recycled, immaterial entities, presently embodied. :excl:

Sign in to follow this