InfinityTruth

Communication with Animals

Animals communicate their vulnerability all the time. We could learn to listen more, and learn more from listening.

And they never complain about mistreatments. Why? Is it because they are dumb or they lack intelligence? Hardly. My dogs says more to me with one look than a person can with a thousand words. Its just that we are overly self-absorbed most of the time to pay attention to what these animals have to say.

Even the wild ones communicate their nature all the time. They do not know how to pretend to be what they are not. The mambas, rattlers and cobras are deadly, they scream with their fangs that they wish not to be disturbed, yet fools get bitten all the time despite all the historical lessons; the box jellyfish are the deadliest creatures in the sea, and humans who doggedly hang around their grounds deserve to be stung. We have all been issued with enough insight to learn how to respect the animals, yet we have made a big mess, on a global scale, somehow.

Are we the dumb ones? I think very often we are. That's why we seem to be the ones frequently found moaning and griping when things get a little rough. How different it would be if only we domesticated ourselves more instead of thinking we have done a great favor to the animal kingdom with our shrewd and wily ways. If we did, perhaps the world will indeed be a better place. My blood boils each time i think of how many animal species we have driven to extinction or to near extinction due to our need for progress and development. One of these days we will reap what we sow. Wake up world.. smell the raccoon poop before we get dunked too deep! :angry:

Edited by CowTao
  • Like 2

Animals communicate their vulnerability all the time. We could learn to listen more, and learn more from listening.

And they never complain about mistreatments. Why? Is it because they are dumb or they lack intelligence? Hardly. My dogs says more to me with one look than a person can with a thousand words. Its just that we are overly self-absorbed most of the time to pay attention to what these animals have to say.

Even the wild ones communicate their nature all the time. They do not know how to pretend to be what they are not. The mambas, rattlers and cobras are deadly, they scream with their fangs that they wish not to be disturbed, yet fools get bitten all the time despite all the historical lessons; the box jellyfish are the deadliest creatures in the sea, and humans who doggedly hang around their grounds deserve to be stung. We have all been issued with enough insight to learn how to respect the animals, yet we have made a big mess, on a global scale, somehow.

Are we the dumb ones? I think very often we are. That's why we seem to be the ones frequently found moaning and griping when things get a little rough. How different it would be if only we domesticated ourselves more instead of thinking we have done a great favor to the animal kingdom with our shrewd and wily ways. If we did, perhaps the world will indeed be a better place. My blood boils each time i think of how many animal species we have driven to extinction or to near extinction due to our need for progress and development. One of these days we will reap what we sow. Wake up world.. smell the raccoon poop before we get dunked too deep! :angry:

I like that! :)

EDIT: I agree, it's ridiculous how stupid, and invasive humans are being to everything on the planet. This one kid had a saying how, "It's not within his right to kill even a bug."

That spoke to me so much, ever since I've tried living by that. I have killed a couple of annoying ass flies, recently. I really tried my best to be fair with them, but the damn things just would not negotiate. :lol:

Ah well, they were invading my space, I guess. Like a human invades a cobras space, haha.

Edited by InfinityTruth

Good stuff, y'all!

I think there's also a lot to be said for slowing down and paying attention to pre-verbal humans. I've been astonished at how much understanding and communication non-speaking toddlers are capable of. It takes more patience on the part of adults, though, so I think people tend to miss how bright and communicative these kids really are.

The I Ching says we communicate with animals when our spirit is in harmony. Animals are not constrained to the structured forms of human language. This is also why music and arts can be so purifying, for artists especially.. and why Ebonics plays on language are more than meets the mind, sometimes.

i communicate with animals each and everyday. yes, sometimes they do complain about their mistreatment.

this morning not long after i had awoke , there was a noise downstairs i couldnt identify. i walked down the steps and in my sun room , there was a male cardinal, not quite full grown. the noise i heard was him furiously beating his wings aginst my window, trying to return to the outdoors.( i leave some of my windows open)

the window he was trying to fly thru was one i had an extra lock on. i greeted him.

"hello little birdy, just relax and i will let you out"

he flew up to the upper corner of the room. i am sure my arrival to the room added to his anxiety. i unlocked the window and went outside to push it open from there , so i would not be in the birds path when he saw his opportunity. i walked back in the house , no noise :) but when i walked back into the sun room the cardinal was standing on the floor , he looked at me and calmly flew out the window.

• Like 1