ejr1069

Tips for dealing with night sweats?

I'm having night sweats every night now. My sheets are soaked. I typically wake up and need to dry off with a towell 2 times a night.

Anyone have any tips for me? (seeking serious answers, I can see how this would be a fun topic to joke about).

See a Chinese medicine doctor. . . . possibly a sign of yin deficiency, but that will depend on any other symptoms.

Yes your root cause of illness is Kidney Yin deficiency (and possibly Heart Yin deficiency as well) since your heat is coming out of the gallbladder/liver, due to insufficient water nourishment of both organs by the kidney water component, and ends up in the heart following the specific natural cycle of the 5 Elements Theory: water-wood-fire.

Solution: you need a TCM practitioner to effectively diagnose you and prescribe you a Yin tonic for kidney and possible heart. One more thing: healing this samskara could take some time. You need to be patient. Once yo get your prescription you can buy the pills over the counter as many times as you need but go and see your doctor for a follow-up...possibly every 3 months or so. It all depends the extent of your kidney yin deficiency damage. If caused in this lifetime then healing is quicker otherwise it is going to take many years.

I also recommend Vipassana retreats to burn samskaras...painful but very effective.

I wish you the best of luck.

• Like 1

There was stage in my Kundalini where I would sweat loads, yellowish brownish sweat rings all over my pillows and sheets. That stage lasted a few weeks. Great detox. Good thing I was in a hotel that changed the sheets each day.

I would take some liquid magnesium and cut down on alcohol and caffeine since they both reduce magnesium stores. Magnesium plays a huge part in keeping the body cool. Just follow the instructions on the bottle, and don't wash it all away with a glass of water before or after taking it.

There was stage in my Kundalini where I would sweat loads, yellowish brownish sweat rings all over my pillows and sheets. That stage lasted a few weeks. Great detox. Good thing I was in a hotel that changed the sheets each day.

Curious to know if things got "better for you" after this detox period. This awakening has kind of sucked so far. By that, I mean that I have had health problems, financial probelms, marital problems, you name it. It has been brutal. I hope to find that "rainbow" and the pot of gold that goes with it soon...

I would take some liquid magnesium and cut down on alcohol and caffeine since they both reduce magnesium stores. Magnesium plays a huge part in keeping the body cool. Just follow the instructions on the bottle, and don't wash it all away with a glass of water before or after taking it.

I don't drink alcohol but do drink green tea. Maybe I need to slow down on that. Liquid Magnesium? That sounds good. Magnesium is natures relaxer. However, I prefer to take in nutrition through food. I somewhat buy into the idea that natural foods have the right combinations of thousands of nutiients, vitamins, minerals, phytochemicals, etc.

But seeing as I'm almost never hungry these days, I might just need to do the liquid magnesium.

I don't drink alcohol but do drink green tea. Maybe I need to slow down on that. Liquid Magnesium? That sounds good. Magnesium is natures relaxer. However, I prefer to take in nutrition through food. I somewhat buy into the idea that natural foods have the right combinations of thousands of nutiients, vitamins, minerals, phytochemicals, etc.

But seeing as I'm almost never hungry these days, I might just need to do the liquid magnesium.

magnesium oxide powder is probably more of a natural state than the liquid to some degree, but the liquid absorbs better. You might want to cut down on the green tea while you get it back to normal, but 1 or 2 cups per day shouldn't be an issue. All diuretics will somewhat reduce magnesium level, but they are beneficial in other ways. So be aware of overuse.

american ginseng? and gou qi zi

heart blood tonics: dan shen and tian/san qi ginseng.

Edited by Non

A good start could be to find out what time in the night you start sweating and compare it with the "organ" clock.

A good start could be to find out what time in the night you start sweating and compare it with the "organ" clock.

I think the time I start sweating depends more upon how far into my sleep cycle I am rather than a specific time. But I will investigate. Thank you.

Don't want to be the bad guy in here... but really: get a proper check by

a western physician FIRST to rule out the most problematic stuff... if

tests turn out fine just feel happy with a Chinese Medical treatment...

if not it helps in addition if not exclusively. But FIRST know then deal

with it in order not to mask a possibly serious symptom!

sincerely

Harry

I'm having night sweats every night now. My sheets are soaked. I typically wake up and need to dry off with a towell 2 times a night.

Anyone have any tips for me? (seeking serious answers, I can see how this would be a fun topic to joke about).

Don't want to be the bad guy in here... but really: get a proper check by

a western physician FIRST to rule out the most problematic stuff... if

tests turn out fine just feel happy with a Chinese Medical treatment...

if not it helps in addition if not exclusively. But FIRST know then deal

with it in order not to mask a possibly serious symptom!

sincerely

Harry

Second the motion.

Get a medical diagnosis

J.J. Semple had a problem with terrible night sweats during his awakening, but his sensitivity led him to the culprit (at least for him) as being cheese. Perhaps yours is diet related, too?

UPDATE: Still having night sweats, but not as severe. I don't need to get up and towell off in the middle of the night, but my shirt generally does end up wet.

It seems to happen around 11:30 PM every night. The TCM clock I found online seems to indicate this could be a gall bladder issue. Possibly an anger issue?